MBA @ MUS

3yardsandacloudofdust

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brunetti must tansfer to a public school to be eligible to play highschool football because he turns 19 over the summer. It didn't help MBA that their best LB #23 tore his MCL the 3rd play of the game. He is also the starting fullback. I doubt MBA will be as good next year but they have a shot.

Uhhhh, what??? I just watched the video and #23 was walking off the field after the final buzzer. That must be one tough player to play the entire game with a torn MCL. As for the part about Barry being 18, that's just absurd.

Uhhhh, what??? I just watched the video and #23 was walking off the field after the final buzzer. That must be one tough player to play the entire game with a torn MCL. As for the part about Barry being 18, that's just absurd.

I only caught about 7 minutes of the radio broadcast, but I think if Lassing had missed most of the game, the broadcasters would have said something about it. What really didn't help was the fact that MBA lost fumbles on 2 exchanges from center.

And since we're trafficking in groundless rumors, I understand that it rained on MBA most of the game, but not on MUS. I got it from a reliable source.

I only caught about 7 minutes of the radio broadcast, but I think if Lassing had missed most of the game, the broadcasters would have said something about it. What really didn't help was the fact that MBA lost fumbles on 2 exchanges from center.

And since we're trafficking in groundless rumors, I understand that it rained on MBA most of the game, but not on MUS. I got it from a reliable source.

If #23 was Lassing, then he did play the entire game...I heard his name over the PA a number of times all throughout the game. One MBA player did have to be helped off the field, but it was late in the game and I believe I saw him come back a few plays later.

And I can substantiate the rain rumor. Just ask any MUS player...it doesn't rain on MUS, thanks to the "Bobbydome".

Quick shoutout to MUS:

Congrats on the win. MUS has a fine looking team. MBA's turnovers and failure to follow through on tackles certainly helped MUS's cause, but MUS is certainly a quality football team. Having seen both MUS and BA play, BA will have to play a great game to steal the trophy, IMO. MUS's relative weakness - defending the pass - would not seem to be much of an issue since BA is not prolific passing the ball. And unfortunately for BA, its strength - running the ball - will meet a stingy rush defense. Put it all together and I think MUS wins a relatively low scoring game - maybe 24-10.

The MUS stadium is nice. The visitor side is vanilla, but the home side is beautiful from an architectural standpoint.

If MUS wins the title, the Owls get my vote for best in state. When you run the table in DII, you are certainly worthy of that consideration.

Quick shoutout to MUS:

Congrats on the win. MUS has a fine looking team. MBA's turnovers and failure to follow through on tackles certainly helped MUS's cause, but MUS is certainly a quality football team. Having seen both MUS and BA play, BA will have to play a great game to steal the trophy, IMO. MUS's relative weakness - defending the pass - would not seem to be much of an issue since BA is not prolific passing the ball. And unfortunately for BA, its strength - running the ball - will meet a stingy rush defense. Put it all together and I think MUS wins a relatively low scoring game - maybe 24-10.

The MUS stadium is nice. The visitor side is vanilla, but the home side is beautiful from an architectural standpoint.

If MUS wins the title, the Owls get my vote for best in state. When you run the table in DII, you are certainly worthy of that consideration.

Thanks for your kind comments, rollred. I wish the weather had been better...we've been blessed all season with absolutely beautiful game-night weather, so I guess we were due for a bad one. We do love our stadium. I hope you got the chance to meander over and look around. We're also very proud of our Owls. My son said MBA was the best team they had played all year, that they never gave up. Now let's keep going Owls and bring the gold ball back to West TN!

Thanks for your kind comments, rollred. I wish the weather had been better...we've been blessed all season with absolutely beautiful game-night weather, so I guess we were due for a bad one. We do love our stadium. I hope you got the chance to meander over and look around. We're also very proud of our Owls. My son said MBA was the best team they had played all year, that they never gave up. Now let's keep going Owls and bring the gold ball back to West TN!

Bring it back? Oh I think not! You'll be stealing it away from its rightful home on West End!

Just kidding....best of luck to you next week. I'm torn over whom to support. BA is a local team and our relationship with them is good, if for no other reason than the fact that we band together because we're both accused of recruiting. On the other hand, i feel a strong kinship with the few all male schools left.

Have a safe trip up here, and i hope it's a good game.

BTW, there's a restaurant in Murf. called "Demos'"...very good food, nice place for a meal before the midweek game.

If #23 was Lassing, then he did play the entire game...I heard his name over the PA a number of times all throughout the game. One MBA player did have to be helped off the field, but it was late in the game and I believe I saw him come back a few plays later.

And I can substantiate the rain rumor. Just ask any MUS player...it doesn't rain on MUS, thanks to the "Bobbydome".

He tore it early, but played with it.

I guess the score puts to rest the question whether MUS can compete with the "Big 3" of Middle Tennessee.

MBA came to Memphis thinking they could steamroll MUS on the ground but ended up having to go to the air to get any yards at all. The only reason MUS didn't shut them out was a gift from the officials when they swallowed their whistles on flagrant offensive pass interference in the end zone. With MUS ahead 35-0 at the time, and the "mercy rule" in effect, maybe they took pity on them. Thank God the game wasn't close and affected by the noncall.

Next week, anybody in Nashville that's interested can see MUS Junior phenom Quarterback Barry Brunetti, a player that amazingly has been under a lot of people's radar, and many other offensive weapons at running back and receivers, that will severely test BA's defense.

I guess the score puts to rest the question whether MUS can compete with the "Big 3" of Middle Tennessee.

MBA came to Memphis thinking they could steamroll MUS on the ground but ended up having to go to the air to get any yards at all. The only reason MUS didn't shut them out was a gift from the officials when they swallowed their whistles on flagrant offensive pass interference in the end zone. With MUS ahead 35-0 at the time, and the "mercy rule" in effect, maybe they took pity on them. Thank God the game wasn't close and affected by the noncall.

Next week, anybody in Nashville that's interested can see MUS Junior phenom Quarterback Barry Brunetti, a player that amazingly has been under a lot of people's radar, and many other offensive weapons at running back and receivers, that will severely test BA's defense.

6:00 start on a tuesday night, I say 3000 max will see it.

And every one of the weapons is quick to give credit to the offensive line. Let's hear it for the big guys!