JCS vs Huntingdon

JWhumboldt

After watching the USJ vs. Huntingdon game, Huntingdon looked impressive but let us not forget that the lineman for USJ play both offense and defense and didn't get much rest. JCS is not one dimensional and has a decent run defense as they displayed against Milan. I think this can go either way and will depend on who makes the least penalties and turnovers.

I think I'm correct - the JCS starting defense allowed two touchdowns to the Milan offense. They also pitched shutouts to Humboldt, Gibson County, and Peabody. When the JCS defense shows up to play, they have the ability to play well. I think the defense that plays the best wins the game.

Looks like nasty weather at kickoff. Lots of layers and rain gear, folks.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again!

Now, I am getting off I think (if I map serves me correctly) at the Parker's Crossroads exit. Then it says I go through a town called Clarksburg. Where do I go once I get into Huntingdon? I am not sure where the Court Square is.

Any chance of rain?

Harriman...

You are correct. It's exit #108.. DO NOT SPEED IN CLARKSBURG.. They would love to have your name on this weeks tally board at City Hall. From I-40, Huntingdon is 18 miles. To get to the Square take the Huntingdon-McKenzie exit and get off the overpass. Take your first right at the 4-way stop and this will take you to the Square. Paul Ward Stadium is on the east end of town. There is a 50% chance of rain tonight. Perfect.....

Bulldogfan#2.. Good luck to ya'll too. We sure would like to get another shot at those bad boys from Milan but we've got our hands full tonight.

Harriman...

You are correct. It's exit #108.. DO NOT SPEED IN CLARKSBURG.. They would love to have your name on this weeks tally board at City Hall. From I-40, Huntingdon is 18 miles. To get to the Square take the Huntingdon-McKenzie exit and get off the overpass. Take your first right at the 4-way stop and this will take you to the Square. Paul Ward Stadium is on the east end of town. There is a 50% chance of rain tonight. Perfect.....

Bulldogfan#2.. Good luck to ya'll too. We sure would like to get another shot at those bad boys from Milan but we've got our hands full tonight.

I have been reading of a big crowd tonight. Do you think it will be a packed house?

Guest Advisor

lol, Advisor, nice questions. I'll give my shot out there and these are my unbiased predictions. Sorry for the late reply, my first chance to get on here today.

1) closest game. JCS @ Huntingdon, 31-28 in favor of JCS

2) biggest rout. Lake Co. over Gleason

3) highest scoring. McKenzie @ Union City. The only reason the Henry Co. game will be high scoring is because Henry Co. NEEDS TO leave their starters in all 4 quarters and let them put up whatever they put up, no one will stop you this year!!!!

4) most potential for visitor victory. JCS over Huntingdon

5) game that draws the biggest crowd. Westview @ Milan

6) big game by star player. Teague will do his thing and Jobronski from Milan will do his

All of these answers are very intriguing!! I can't wait see the outcome. Don't forget to post later tonite so that we can all recap and see how close we were! The only thing that will not be 100% determined is maybe the attendence numbers! We will just leave that one to intrepetation!! Good Luck All!! My picks are, JCS, Lake Co., Mckenzie, Milan, and HC!! Start the tailgating!!!

This is a crazy question, but- is there any type of penaly against a defensive lineman actually tackling the offensive lineman. I mean actually bringing the offensive lineman to the ground. I'm not talking about receivers or running backs so not defensive holding penalties. I ask this to try and minimize the double wing's "wedge effect" shielding the running back from would be tacklers.

Bulldogdynasty... The Pigskin Pals met last night and we voted unanimously to let you and another other fans join us to cheer on the Mustangs. You can find us at mid field on the 50 yd .line.. This new ruling in the Book of Order can be rescinded at any time. We all thought this would be a game by game request for those who might wish to become a Mustang fan for that particular Friday night.

Go Mustangs

I will happily serve dual fanship tonight and become a Mustang fan in addition to my true alliance with my Bulldogs. Obviously under the precondition that if both my Bulldogs and "our" Mustangs advance, my interim fanship with Huntingdon will cease with our handshake at the end of the game, and we will once again be rivals.

Following this hopeful future match up between My Bulldogs and your Mustangs, I will proceed to root for the victor in future playoff rounds.

Is there any way I can identify either you or hoofbeat or another coacht member who will welcome me despite the fact that I will be clad in purple? So I will know whose hand to shake in greeting.

By the way, how much is gas in Huntingdon?

I will happily serve dual fanship tonight and become a Mustang fan in addition to my true alliance with my Bulldogs. Obviously under the precondition that if both my Bulldogs and "our" Mustangs advance, my interim fanship with Huntingdon will cease with our handshake at the end of the game, and we will once again be rivals.

Following this hopeful future match up between My Bulldogs and your Mustangs, I will proceed to root for the victor in future playoff rounds.

Is there any way I can identify either you or hoofbeat or another coacht member who will welcome me despite the fact that I will be clad in purple? So I will know whose hand to shake in greeting.

By the way, how much is gas in Huntingdon?

Come on down to center section on row H or so and if you're wearing purple then I think we will be able to identify you. You may hint around for the gorilla or the "blind referee". Looks like still a chance of rain but it won't matter. We'll be glad to have you. Maybe even teach you some cheers besides "move those chains". Ha.. Come up to the Court Square at 5:45 and meet with the Pigskin Pals.

Gas is $1.83 for regular at most stations here.