Centennial vs Brentwood

ambiguousrock

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the Brentwood Bruins on a tough, hard-fought win. Once again, key mistakes killed the Cougars chances in this one. It sounds like they had a few chances to build some huge momentum, but once again, they let those chances slip right by them. This will be another game that CHS looks back upon and wonders "what if?"

Overall, its been a great season for the Centennial Cougars. After going 0-2, many thought this would be another typical CHS season. But they regrouped, rattled off a record 7 straight wins, and made this one of the best seasons in school history. Although its over, CHS has alot to look forward to, and overall, they've proven to everyone else that they can compete in this region.

"wine""cry""complain" & "moan" that is what I am hearing Centennial. "we turned the ball over 3 times...But those 2-3 times could have been TD's...So the game was closer that ya'll think...We almost won...We could have scored, we should have scored, we could have won, we should have won...but we did not win"

That is what I am hearing. That is my perception on your "explanation".

Hey gymnast, why the hate for the Cougars? One of 'em take a whiz on your tights?

This team was picked sixth in an eigth team conference but managed to make the TSSAA Sweet 16. Quite an accomplishment and congrats to those guys for a solid year.

What a total idiot...IMO

excuses are like your rear end...everybody has one and most of them stink!!!! the FACT is Centennial is behind the eight ball from the beginning due to the 2 re-zonings of WCS. We have an enrollment of just over 1200 and most every other school in the county goes over 1900 students. Bwood dresses 99 with no freshmen and CHS had 65 including every freshman available. It's not just about football, it is about every sport, and every other aspect of the school, most importantly, academically. Big bad Brentwood has without a doubt the most arrogant players and fans..I heard the players with my own ears and some, not all of the parents and students..You wish you had enough money to go to BA or MBA...but you don't!! Maybe daddy can get another job or Mom can start making some money on the side so you can be a part of the ELITE you think you are...ANOTHER FACT is Centennial got the the pieces of the county that Franklin told the school board they didn't want and then they go and recruit the kids they do want.....Clayton said it himself two weeks ago, "We have six starters right now zoned for Centennial." It's sad that we all live in the best county for sports, education, and opportunity, in the state and I am now completely uninterested in what happens from here on in the football playoffs. I couldn't care less if Franklin or Brentwood wins...I will be pulling for whomever they play...EVEN IF ITS RUSSIA!!!!! I'll be the one wearing the hammer and sickle!!!

Great job COUGARS....picked last by most and went further than anyone could've every dreamed!!!!

Thanks Coaches for a great year!!!!

who you really need to be thanking is Indy and Dickson county for having a down year otherwise you would have been sitting the same place you have set every other year at home on the outside looking in!! You got stunk into believing your team was good by playing a weak schedule and beating bad teams. By the way we dont think we are "ELITE" we KNOW we are!! We are of an "ELITE" group of hard working group of teachers, parents, players, and coaches that want the best for our players and will do what it takes to give it to them whether it be fund raising out the whazoo or dads out there breaking a sweat. Maybe you're daddy or mommy can go get another job so you (or your child) could go to the great schools of Franklin or Brentwood. Maybe if you had a better program your players wouldn't want to leave! Dop't hate us because we're great we just can't help it!! Maybe in another 10 years you will have a "couple" of good players and your region will be down and you can make another run in the playoffs but until then have fun pulling against Franklin and Brentwood its the only enjoyment I see in your near future. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

wow we can't even congratulate our team without getting bashed?

are you kidding me? grow up Brentwood. No one is saying you shouldn't have won and don't deserve to be playing Franklin next week. Geesh! You think that people would show a little bit of respect for a team trying to congratulate their team. LAY OFF!

Therefore, Congrats to Brentwood for pulling it out there in the fourth. Good luck next week.

now that I'm done with my rant:

I am so proud of the Cougars this year. They all played ridiculously well for a team that started off 0-2 in the season and managed to turn it around and make the Sweet 16. That's an accomplishment in any one's book.

Two years ago Centennial finished 1-9, made a coaching change and look whats happened:

Last year we were 4-6, this year finishing at 8-4. Matykiewicz and his staff have done a tremendous job turning around this Centennial program and honestly it will be nice to actually play teams with the same size as ours and not schools that have 5-900 more people than us. The fact that Centennial beat some of them (Indy and Ravenwood) should be a huge accomplishment to them.

Can't wait for next year!

who you really need to be thanking is Indy and Dickson county for having a down year otherwise you would have been sitting the same place you have set every other year at home on the outside looking in!! You got stunk into believing your team was good by playing a weak schedule and beating bad teams. By the way we dont think we are "ELITE" we KNOW we are!! We are of an "ELITE" group of hard working group of teachers, parents, players, and coaches that want the best for our players and will do what it takes to give it to them whether it be fund raising out the whazoo or dads out there breaking a sweat. Maybe you're daddy or mommy can go get another job so you (or your child) could go to the great schools of Franklin or Brentwood. Maybe if you had a better program your players wouldn't want to leave! Dop't hate us because we're great we just can't help it!! Maybe in another 10 years you will have a "couple" of good players and your region will be down and you can make another run in the playoffs but until then have fun pulling against Franklin and Brentwood its the only enjoyment I see in your near future. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

wow that has to be the most arrogant, cocky thing I have ever heard probably on this board at any time.

calm down dude! I would like to say some choice words to you but I like being able to keep posting on CoachT.

oh

in case you didn't notice

Chaz Scales is a Mr. Tennessee Football award finalist for 5a, as well as Nichols from Franklin.

For being so elite, where is the Brentwood candidate????

wow that has to be the most arrogant, cocky thing I have ever heard probably on this board at any time.

calm down dude! I would like to say some choice words to you but I like being able to keep posting on CoachT.

oh

in case you didn't notice

Chaz Scales is a Mr. Tennessee Football award finalist for 5a, as well as Nichols from Franklin.

For being so elite, where is the Brentwood candidate????

I think (I HOPE) that td's post was in response to cougarally's ridiculous, rambling rant born out of either extreme frustration or insanity...take your pick. Let the record show that it was not a Brentwood fan who started throwing the financial blows. I can't apologize for the "elite" comments though...I actually agree. This isn't regarding social class or finances...it's about football. It's hard to argue that Brentwood's program is a perennial powerhouse. Even in "down" years, the Bruins manage to make their way to the post-season. Our players are very talented and dedicated...not in a flashy, "look at me" way but it works. Maybe Brentwood doesn't have a "star", but it's working...the Bruins play as a team. After all, sometimes star players are sitting at home come championship time...

Bruins: Congratulations! It may not have been pretty at times, but you came out on top. Continue to work hard this week and remain focused on your goal. Finish the job, guys! We believe in you!!!

Go Bruins!!!

I think (I HOPE) that td's post was in response to cougarally's ridiculous, rambling rant born out of either extreme frustration or insanity...take your pick. Let the record show that it was not a Brentwood fan who started throwing the financial blows. I can't apologize for the "elite" comments though...I actually agree. This isn't regarding social class or finances...it's about football. It's hard to argue that Brentwood's program is a perennial powerhouse. Even in "down" years, the Bruins manage to make their way to the post-season. Our players are very talented and dedicated...not in a flashy, "look at me" way but it works. Maybe Brentwood doesn't have a "star", but it's working...the Bruins play as a team. After all, sometimes star players are sitting at home come championship time...

Bruins: Congratulations! It may not have been pretty at times, but you came out on top. Continue to work hard this week and remain focused on your goal. Finish the job, guys! We believe in you!!!

Go Bruins!!!

Best Brentwood post in the entire thread. Well said.

Go Bruins!!!

Of course it was in response to cougarally that person is an idiot. This fan got too caught up and now cant cope with the loss and wants to blame everyone else. He wants to complain about zoning there is no telling how many gold balls Brentwood would have in the last several years if Ravenwood had not been built. But Brentwood found a way to rebuild and bounce back. And what about Riverdale do you think they may be hurting with the new schools they have built I bet you one thing they will bounce back too. Get over it Cougarally.

Of course it was in response to cougarally that person is an idiot. This fan got too caught up and now cant cope with the loss and wants to blame everyone else. He wants to complain about zoning there is no telling how many gold balls Brentwood would have in the last several years if Ravenwood had not been built. But Brentwood found a way to rebuild and bounce back. And what about Riverdale do you think they may be hurting with the new schools they have built I bet you one thing they will bounce back too. Get over it Cougarally.

If you mean get over the loss, I was over the loss when I posted this morning.

huskermoron started the excuse bull...turnovers and depth were the story, or I guess every sports writer and person at the game were all wrong. turnovers are a part of the game and we lost that part of the game. that was part of the difference. We lost to a very good team, but let it be that and go on. Maybe its just genetic for him

Why is it that when Centennial finally has a good year and replaces one of the perennials, our region is down. If Ravenwood, with Independence or Dickson had been the playoff teams, everyone would have continued to say WOW Region 6 is the toughest....but when little ole Centennial jumps up everyone screams the league is down.

I agree Brentwood might have won more if not for Ravenwood, Franklin would have if not for Centennial then Independence coming along in the last decade. Check the numbers, BW, RW, FK, and IN all have 500-700 more kids than Centennial. In football, where you have 22 players + kicker and punter, Centennial by far has the most going both ways. It catches up with you every time. In basketball and baseball where that depth isn't as necessary, Centennial has more than held their own. In baseball, we own BW and IN, sweeping the last 2 years. Basketball does very well against all the teams.

You look up the numbers, I know them. Centennial was similar in size, and BW got screwed intially too. All of the others have kids in portables, bursting at the seams, and we are 600 students less. Doesn't make any sense at all.

Not long till baseball and we can get back to being the ELITE team without the ELITE ATTITUDE.