Centennial vs Brentwood

ambiguousrock

After Centennial beats Gallatin and Brentwood crushes Antioch, these two Region 6 teams are ready for a first every playoff meeting between the two.

Both teams have fantastic running games, and though I think (and I can't believe I'm actually saying this) Centennial has a bit more of balance on their squad, Brentwood's Jordan Evans and Josh Gregory more than make up for it.

Thoughts on this game?

Fun fact from each of last nights game:

Total combined passing yards between Antioch and Brentwood: 0.

Centennial had 8 receivers with a catch last night, including QB Chaz Scales, but only Drew Kelly had more than 1 catch.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fun stat

after the playoff win Scales becomes the first 1000,1000 (passing yards, rushing yards) in school history

now to talk about the game

this is no where the same Centennial team that played Brentwood in week 0

Centennial has figured out their offense and this time will get their revenge on Brentwood

CHS 24

BHS 14

Question ... Am I correct in saying that Centennial has in their school's history beaten Independence and Ravenwood but never beaten Brentwood or Franklin?

I think Centennial is much improved and has one of the best offenses since Bates was QB in 2001(?), but Brentwood defense should have no problem containing their talented QB. I look for this to be low scoring particularly in the first half but Bwood Defense and Special Teams gaining field position to have Bretwood pulling away by late in the third quarter.

Brentwood 24 Centennial 7

So aj krow is back? what about cole tischer? im just wondering, i knew i heard they were out for the season, so im just making sure.

But chs had a great chance to beat brentwood week 0, but raymonds fumble on bwoods 20 took all the air out of chs. This week CHS will be ready, with all kinds of plays. Centennial is letting everything hang out for this game so i see it being close in the 1st half and chs gets it done in the second half. The burst from our D was spectacular.

Cougars 28

Bruins 21

CHSAlumni... your assessment of D Webb's defense was needless to say COMPLETLY WRONG!> cough, cough!! hahaha what was that cough, cough anyway? Nice try though... I think you need to watch more football before you THINK you know what your talking about.

Sorry to all other Cent. fans for coming onto your thread to diss one of your own, but you have to call out stupidity... great win on Friday. This is great for 6-5A and wish both teams the best of luck and no injuries. I cant make a prediction on this one bc they are both great teams... so guess what CHSAlumni I am going to keep my mouth shut... try it sometime.

AJ and Cole are back. Yes, Brentwood had zero passing yards against Antioch. Antioch had a number of passing yards. Two plays that should have been receptions would've resulted in TD's. After seeing Davis this week for Antioch, the Bruins will see the same QB in Scales.

Centennial has improved since their first meeting.

So has Brentwood, more specifically on offense. They are now averaging nearly 30 points per game.

The difference is defense- Brentwood allows only 10 points per game- Centennial double that.

That is the difference and will be the difference Friday.

After Centennial beats Gallatin and Brentwood crushes Antioch, these two Region 6 teams are ready for a first every playoff meeting between the two.

Both teams have fantastic running games, and though I think (and I can't believe I'm actually saying this) Centennial has a bit more of balance on their squad, Brentwood's Jordan Evans and Josh Gregory more than make up for it.

Thoughts on this game?

Fun fact from each of last nights game:

Total combined passing yards between Antioch and Brentwood: 0.

Centennial had 8 receivers with a catch last night, including QB Chaz Scales, but only Drew Kelly had more than 1 catch.

Brentwood has averaged close to 40 points a game the last four weeks and typically ends a game with their JV guys playing the fouth quarter and taking a knee on their opponents five yard line so as not to run it up (remember, they did that to your Cougars earlier this year so their little feelings wouldn't be so hurt). They've scored through the air, on the ground, on defense, special teams, backup QB's, the list goes on. They'll typically have 5 or more different players with touchdowns in a game. You don''t think they're balanced or can put points on the board? You spend way too much time looking at yourself in the mirror.

Here's a fun fact for ya, Brentwood scored 44 points last night without even needing to complete a pass. Think your Cougar D can stop that?