Sequatchie County Football

Kryptonite11

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signal is Not in the district. The non district games for Sequatchie are Central, Signal, Marion, Whitwell, Meigs, and looking for another. It is a little tougher than last years schedule but last years schedule hurt the Indians in the second half of the season. These boys need to face good competition and get ready to make a run at the district and in the playoffs.

2009 Sequatchie County

Aug. 28 - Chattanooga Central

Sept. 4 - Grundy County*

Sept. 11 - Signal Mountain

Sept. 18 - @ Chattanooga Christian*

Sept. 25 - @ Marion County

Oct. 2 - Bledsoe County*

Oct. 9 - @ Whitwell

Oct. 16 - @ Notre Dame*

Oct. 23 - Meigs County

Oct. 30 - Open

*-District Games

2009 McMinn Central

Aug. 21 McMinn County

Sept. 4 at Polk County

Sept. 11 at Walker Valley

Sept. 18 at Meigs County

Sept. 25 open

Oct. 2 Sequoyah

Oct. 9 Kingston

Oct. 16 Sweetwater

Oct. 23 at Alcoa

Oct. 30 Open

If they could get McMinn Central on the schedule with the Indians for Week 10 it would be good as the Chargers would be coming of a Week 9 game at Alcoa! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Sequatchie, I hope you are kidding. We are building a program. We are looking for schools in our size range that would be a good tune up for the playoffs but Central is a team we would see early in the playoffs. We would rather see them in the playoffs week 2 or three rather than see them week 10 and then two weeks later. Why play them twice because it is harder to beat a team twice.

Sequatchie, I hope you are kidding. We are building a program. We are looking for schools in our size range that would be a good tune up for the playoffs but Central is a team we would see early in the playoffs. We would rather see them in the playoffs week 2 or three rather than see them week 10 and then two weeks later. Why play them twice because it is harder to beat a team twice.

thats why your the coach and he isn't....... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> good luck next year coach........

Here is the 2009 Schedule. This is a much tougher schedule than I thought they would have but I still see them capable of winning the district.

Aug. 28 - Chattanooga Central

Sept. 4 - Grundy County*

Sept. 11 - Signal Mountain

Sept. 18 - @ Chattanooga Christian*

Sept. 25 - @ Marion County

Oct. 2 - Bledsoe County*

Oct. 9 - @ Whitwell

Oct. 16 - @ Notre Dame*

Oct. 23 - Meigs County

Oct. 30 - Open

*-District Games.

Thats nine games and the only area open date is in week 10 is McMinn Central so that could be a good fit for that 10th game unless they can find something in week 0.

1.Chat Central- should be good first test but see a win

2.Grundy-First District game should be a win and start out good i the district

3.Signal Mnt-will be a hard test but i see the Indians falling short in this one

4.CCS-Should be another solid win for the Indians in the district.Which moves them to 2-0 in district

5.Marion Co.-Rivalry game should be a task for the Indians but the fall short

6.Bledsoe Co.-Got them at home and squeak out a close one.Which puts them 3-0 in district

7.Whitwell-Should be a win for the Indians

8.Notre Dame-A closer game then what people think but Indians win.Moves 4-0 and locks up District

9.Meigs Co.-Indians improve enough through the year to get this one

So I see the Indians going 7-2 and another win will be determined by who the schedule....i see another solid year under Coach Barger and staff and hopefully they can advance in the playoffs...Good Luck

If the game is going to be week 10 I would prefer not to get beat up and suffer a loss right before playoffs. If the game is week 5 I would like to see us play someone from district 8 1a or 2a to give us a barometer to guage ouselves in preparation for the playoffs. A Dekalb County, Livingston Academy, Gordonsville, or Trousdale would all be good in my opinion. Travel would be tough but I believe you would find out real quick where you stood.

Now I know that the above scenario is not realistic just my rathers. I also think we need a home game, preferably week 10. No off week before playoffs.

That's what I told jh on the bledsoe thread. Since you don't like off weeks, I presume you are trying to schedule someone for week ten if you can. Any prospects, they have to be more teams than what TSSAA is showing on their web site, open week ten, I hope.