Knoxville Catholic vs Anderson County

chokeonaloaf

The Irish get a good hard fought win tonight 17-13. Give alot of credit to AC. they came out and held nothing back. its sad to see someones senior year going down the drain but catholics been there and done that as well. Most of the Mav players were good sports (pretty much all of them except for rogers). the Refs were good too and let the boys play. Good luck to Catholic next week. Them roadrunners will be playing under the powerlines once again for a rematch of last year!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations all AC fans who dissed Catholic's passing game, their running game, their defense and their secondary. i guess 1st and 10 on the 12 yard line and not being able to score with the "mismatches" you eluded to is good right? I personally feel like it was a semi-sloppy game for both teams, but AC had some fight in them tonight which was better then last time. It is also funny no one can catch our 6'5" 250 lb tight end running down the sideline after a screen. Major stiff arm on #6

And mystery dude... whatever your name is- 1st off: your second touchdown in the 28-14 game was against our second string defense. We had our entire secondary out along with all of the defensive line but 1 sophomore and our 2nd string line backers in. 2nd of all: Tyler Williamson is a very good quarterback who does not call the plays. He cannot decide to throw the ball when a running play is called which 75% of the time it is. And why would you not run the ball? It runs down the clock and lets a team control the game, and when your running backs are averaging 8.0 and 8.1 yards per run, there is no reason at all to not let them run it. 3rd: Spencer Mackle and Nick Branum are two very solid recievers. Nick Branum is one of the fastest kids in knoxville running a 4.4- 40. Spencer mackle is also tall and fast and runs a 4.5-4.6-40. Smack has great hands and if you were at the kingston game, you would have seen the one handed catches he made in the rain running down the side lines. BUT, i will agree that this game was closer then everyone thought and the 40+ point predictions are ridiculous.

Overall, I think the better team won and i truly feel bad for anderson county because they had such a good year this year and a very strong senior class. Don't only watch out for catholic this year, but watch out next year because we lose 5 starters.

Well AC kind of ironic isn't it a screen pass kept you in it(65 yds on 3rd and long against Carter)and a screen pass took you out.Has your back already applied for his hardship at Catholic or is it too late.Keep me updated.

Show some class man. AC played hard and they played well. They had a good season. No need to kick them while they're down. Congratulations KC

This was a very heartbreaking lose and thats why it has taken me this long to respond to it. One thing I do not want to hear from anyone is that AC did not play hard. Those kids gave their all and just fell a little short. That TE that KC has will be playing on Saturdays and do the football factory at KC proud. That kid can move for his size. For those of you that want to get on here and throw cheap shots, that just shows your class. If you watched that game and didn't think it was one of the hardest fought ball games you have seen in awhile then you have seen a lot. I am not willing to say that Catholic is a better team, but I am not going to take anything away from them. They fought the fight and came out on top. Congratulations and best of luck in the rest of the playoffs. I would love to see them win State but I think they got a lot to work on if they are going to do that. AC showed the State how to beat Catholic, just came up a little short. We have to acknowledge why Catholic won though and call it like it happened. I am sure that Pemberton said to his defense do what ever you have to but don't let them catch it in the end zone. There is no doubt there was interference on the last 3 plays of the game that was not called. I don't know how the officials are trained, but it seems like they never throw the flag on the last couple plays. If that is the case then it gives the advantage to the defense. I do not like the no call by the officials. There i said it, and let the cheap shots begin. It stinks for a game that hard fought by both teams to end like that. Hold your heads high Mavs you fought the good fight. Catholic good luck in the rest of the playoffs and represent the Region well.

This was a very heartbreaking lose and thats why it has taken me this long to respond to it. One thing I do not want to hear from anyone is that AC did not play hard. Those kids gave their all and just fell a little short. That TE that KC has will be playing on Saturdays and do the football factory at KC proud. That kid can move for his size. For those of you that want to get on here and throw cheap shots, that just shows your class. If you watched that game and didn't think it was one of the hardest fought ball games you have seen in awhile then you have seen a lot. I am not willing to say that Catholic is a better team, but I am not going to take anything away from them. They fought the fight and came out on top. Congratulations and best of luck in the rest of the playoffs. I would love to see them win State but I think they got a lot to work on if they are going to do that. AC showed the State how to beat Catholic, just came up a little short. We have to acknowledge why Catholic won though and call it like it happened. I am sure that Pemberton said to his defense do what ever you have to but don't let them catch it in the end zone. There is no doubt there was interference on the last 3 plays of the game that was not called. I don't know how the officials are trained, but it seems like they never throw the flag on the last couple plays. If that is the case then it gives the advantage to the defense. I do not like the no call by the officials. There i said it, and let the cheap shots begin. It stinks for a game that hard fought by both teams to end like that. Hold your heads high Mavs you fought the good fight. Catholic good luck in the rest of the playoffs and represent the Region well.

Yea MavFan take it like a man .... what comes around goes around .... I remember the Sharp kid in 2005 at AC / Fulton game pushing off 3 times in end zone to catch passes for TD's .. was there offensive pass Interference called ?? NO NO NO .. I saw replay and yes it looked like the AC WR got interfered with last Friday but as 2005 proved it doesnt always get called .. advantages of being at home I guess to play. Good season for the Mavs .. better than Falcons by far .. but again no GOLD BALL ... Falcons have 3 Golds and 2 Silvers in the last 6 years .....