DonCChatt's Parting Thoughts

DonCChatt

Before the Soccer board dries up, I wanted to post my "Parting Thoughts"

As my daughter is a senior, I will likely be ???graduating??? CoachT for the most part as this year comes to an end. I have enjoyed my 2+ years as an avid poster, and (2 years as a reader before that). I??™ve only lost my temper twice on the boards (that I recall). I know I??™ve started a lot of topics (though none of left handed goalies born in even months Chasanooga), on topics that I was interested on, or topics that I thought might interest others. I??™ve met several CoachT??™ers in real life, but have probably walked right by others without knowing who they were. Posting on CoachT has been somewhat of an addiction for me these last two years, though not as expensive (only $24 a year Big G) a habit as golf, drinking, etc.

A few thoughts:

You should post all day long singing the praises of your team or city of district, but you should not mention you own daughter??™s name. If nobody else thinks her name is worthy of mention, then maybe you should be silent as well. We all think our daughters are great, but it??™s nicer if others outside of your family also notice it??¦.If you are angry or upset, you might want to wait to post.While you can certainly criticize another person??™s opinion, try to focus on the position without making personal attacks.Where possible, try to find something positive to say about some other team.While we all get to hide behind our screen names, you should not post anything that you would not be willing to say if you had to show your true name. While in Chattanooga soccer circles, my identity is probably the worst kept secret around, FOR THE RECORD, my real name is Don Cambron, (email address ??“ DonCChatt@aol.com), and my daughter is Kris Cambron, Senior Forward for Notre Dame high school . I think for the most part my postings on CoachT have amused my daughter, and not embarrassed her. If anybody wants to take exception to my prior postings, feel free to slam me here (not you BCB), or email me at my aol address.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before the Soccer board dries up, I wanted to post my "Parting Thoughts"

As my daughter is a senior, I will likely be ???graduating??? CoachT for the most part as this year comes to an end. I have enjoyed my 2+ years as an avid poster, and (2 years as a reader before that). I??™ve only lost my temper twice on the boards (that I recall). I know I??™ve started a lot of topics (though none of left handed goalies born in even months Chasanooga), on topics that I was interested on, or topics that I thought might interest others. I??™ve met several CoachT??™ers in real life, but have probably walked right by others without knowing who they were. Posting on CoachT has been somewhat of an addiction for me these last two years, though not as expensive (only $24 a year Big G) a habit as golf, drinking, etc.

A few thoughts:

You should post all day long singing the praises of your team or city of district, but you should not mention you own daughter??™s name. If nobody else thinks her name is worthy of mention, then maybe you should be silent as well. We all think our daughters are great, but it??™s nicer if others outside of your family also notice it??¦.If you are angry or upset, you might want to wait to post.While you can certainly criticize another person??™s opinion, try to focus on the position without making personal attacks.Where possible, try to find something positive to say about some other team.While we all get to hide behind our screen names, you should not post anything that you would not be willing to say if you had to show your true name. While in Chattanooga soccer circles, my identity is probably the worst kept secret around, FOR THE RECORD, my real name is Don Cambron, (email address ??“ DonCChatt@aol.com), and my daughter is Kris Cambron, Senior Forward for Notre Dame high school . I think for the most part my postings on CoachT have amused my daughter, and not embarrassed her. If anybody wants to take exception to my prior postings, feel free to slam me here (not you BCB), or email me at my aol address.

Hey Don, thanks for the parting thoughts. Only I hope you don't depart. You don't have to! In my opinion, you really added to this board.

By the way, your daughter is a fabulous player. Is she going to play at the next level?

DonC, just because your daughter is graduating, doesn't mean you have to get off in any way shape or form! I truly enjoy your posts, and you do so with the utmost class. I enjoyed meeting you a couple of years back, and hope to again in the future.

Your "words of wisdom" are great! I think sometimes it means a whole lot more coming from a guy like you than from that mean old moderator! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

So, don't you dare "sign off"! You are my fellow soldier in my battle against Coniglio!!!

By the way, your daughter is a fabulous player. Is she going to play at the next level?

Thank you. I've certainly enjoyed watching her play since she was only 5 years old.

Yes, she is going to continue playing soccer in college. As she hasn't signed any papers yet and only has made a verbal commitment, I'll hold off on any formal announcement.

I can't believe you violated your 1st rule in your own post........you mentioned your daughter's name! But I guess this time an exception can be made. I hope you will still monitor all of the press releases and keep us all up to date. Also keep us posted on your daughter's career, and keep us posted on how to deal with post-school, post-club withdrawals.

I too am a graduating CoachT poster. My daughter is a Senior and played her last high school game 10 days ago. After 7 years of high school soccer (my son graduated 3 years ago) and too many years of club ball to count, I find myself depressed. Although my son went on to play in college as will my daughter, there is just something missing in the college experiance vs HS for both the players and parents (could part of it be CoachT?). I have tried to follow DonC's rules for CoachT posting but unfortunately being a hot headed Italian I have at times failed. If I offended any of you out there, I'm sorry. I will continue to follow my kid's alma-mater and area high school soccer in the future just because Ilovethisgame (I too played in high school about 4 decades ago) but it just won't be the same. However, my 5 year old grandson seems to be a natural with a soccer ball, so I may be back in about 10 years.

Big G thanks for an outstanding job as moderator for this board all these years and DonC I have some questions about a particular college in the Chattanooga area. Would you mind if I emailed you with them?

DonC,

I also hope you don't disappear, the more educated posters we have the better. And having an argument every now and again gets everyone involved and interested as long as it is a fair fight. Think your advice is awesome. Especially the part about not bashing kids and hiding behind a screen name. Well said, good luck and god bless to your daughter at the next level.

Akula

I too am a graduating CoachT poster. My daughter is a Senior and played her last high school game 10 days ago. After 7 years of high school soccer (my son graduated 3 years ago) and too many years of club ball to count, I find myself depressed. Although my son went on to play in college as will my daughter, there is just something missing in the college experiance vs HS for both the players and parents (could part of it be CoachT?). I have tried to follow DonC's rules for CoachT posting but unfortunately being a hot headed Italian I have at times failed. If I offended any of you out there, I'm sorry. I will continue to follow my kid's alma-mater and area high school soccer in the future just because Ilovethisgame (I too played in high school about 4 decades ago) but it just won't be the same. However, my 5 year old grandson seems to be a natural with a soccer ball, so I may be back in about 10 years.

Big G thanks for an outstanding job as moderator for this board all these years and DonC I have some questions about a particular college in the Chattanooga area. Would you mind if I emailed you with them?

You are QUITE welcome, Ilovethisgame! Being a moderator allows me a good "excuse" to be on here all the time (which I would anyway regardless!!!)

You are a Knox West dad, no? We are scrimmaging you guys this February. Should be a better game than we gave you last season!

DonC,

I also hope you don't disappear, the more educated posters we have the better. And having an argument every now and again gets everyone involved and interested as long as it is a fair fight. Think your advice is awesome. Especially the part about not bashing kids and hiding behind a screen name. Well said, good luck and god bless to your daughter at the next level.

Akula

I thought you were a plus member?

Get my message about my latest purchase?

DONC....

Hopefully I will be able 'pick you brain' for conversation/thread starters, and you can use my name as an alias if need be....Let's hope my daughter can add to the Irish powerhouse the next four years in some capacity when she arrives next year...so I can stay active on these boards, beyond simple sarcasm/tidbits...

With Kris graduating, maybe try and get some work done now ?

David

P.S. I thought I won the award for least creative username-giveaway ???

I mentioned a few days back that I too was part of the Fall '08 CoachT graduating class and thought I could walk, but it's like nicotine, you need a patch to get you through the tough times. With the HS season a wrap, it will make the "cool down period" a bit easier.

To DC:

While I may not have as much to say as a spectator next year, I'm sure I will continue to want to see who's doing what and which posters are taking the lead. DON, if you back off 50%, they'll be 90% less to read. LOL /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I too have found this to be an addiction and have violated everyone of the no-nos you listed.

It has been great meeting you and Chas and being able to have private exchanges. JOIN YOU REGULARS!!!!

I even meet the evil twins Cleansheet1 and Cainesoverhere, amazing what nice guys we are when not armed with a keyboard. I am one of the worst.

And since the guys that I most liked to slam are licking their wounds, as am I, and DonC has come out of the closet, so to speak, let me go on record that I do not practice "safe posting" and have broken several keyboards in anger. When my daughter was young, I yelled, I got over it. When Canes posted, I yelled, I'm almost over it.

To Soccerdaddy, Cleansheet1, Caanes and any others, let me apologize for the mean stuff, but take credit for the funny stuff.

Sincerely,

Leftfooter AKA waterpooch /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> e-mail address for complaints: h2ofowl@yahoo.com

Told ya, I've broken all of Don's rules, except my daughter's name. I'm not there yet and she doesn't deserve it.

BEST TO YOU ALL. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />