John Jenkins

TARHEEL30

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got home from Hickman Co.... John Jenkins is the absolute truth and will be a professional player one day. I was amazed at how calm he stayed during the first half after scoring only 7 points in the first half (all coming in the 1st quarter). After half time he started to show out and get a few jams in and absolutely dominated Harding Academy. I'm a Jenkins fan for sure! I've seen film on youtube, but seeing him in person was a whole other story. It was well worth the 2 hour and 15 minute drive up there and it was even worth driving through the deadly curves of Bucksnort to get there!!!!!! Keep it up Jenkins, you're the real deal!!!!!!

I believe Jenkins will be an all conference SEC player but NBA is a big leap to make at this point. The question I have had all along is will he be able to guard at the NBA level. That's probably unfair because he will have plenty of time in college to get better on the defensive end. The NBA is a whole different animal than college.

Look at JJ Redick...he can't even hardly get on the court because of his defense....He is in the league though. So that does say something. I hope Jenkins makes it one day. But, I'm not prepared to make that leap at this point.

He had several blocks last night and several rebounds as well. His defensive game ain't near as bad as people think. Just because all you hear about is his offense doesn't mean the defense ain't there, because it is. I think Jenkins is better than Leslie McDonald, all around and look where Leslie is headed. Vandy did get a steal!

I just got home from Hickman Co.... John Jenkins is the absolute truth and will be a professional player one day. I was amazed at how calm he stayed during the first half after scoring only 7 points in the first half (all coming in the 1st quarter). After half time he started to show out and get a few jams in and absolutely dominated Harding Academy. I'm a Jenkins fan for sure! I've seen film on youtube, but seeing him in person was a whole other story. It was well worth the 2 hour and 15 minute drive up there and it was even worth driving through the deadly curves of Bucksnort to get there!!!!!! Keep it up Jenkins, you're the real deal!!!!!!

Sounds great how many did he finish with? I might have to make that drive if he continues putting up numbers like that. Not taking anything from Jenkins but someone said no one comes close to Jenkins???

I kept up with it while he was playing last night and I thought I had 36, but LARRYBIRD posted 34. I know he only had 7 at the half and then he took over in the second half. Jenkins is the real deal tero, it was well worth the drive to Middle TN!

Harding ran a box and 1 on him last night. Well, one time in the first half, he caught the ball in the corner and faked like he was about to go baseline with the ball and he had 2 people on him trying to trap him, well after he faked going baseline both of the Harding players ran into each other and knocked each other down and he stepped back and busted a three. It was a nasty move. You know he had to have been laughing inside his head. I literally laughed out loud when I seen him do that. He's the real deal and I'll go as far as saying that he's better than Leslie McDonald.

Vandy did get a steal.

I've seen McDonald 3 times and Jenkins once. If Jenkins winded up with 34 or 36 last night and plays like he did last night on a daily basis, then he's better than Leslie. I was amazed at the shots he hit last night, as well as the and 1 dunk he had. He almost connected on an alley oop dunk that I probably would've had to have left on because I would've tripped out if he jammed it home. One of his players through him and alley oop, Jenkins came in and jumped from the block, caught it 1 handed, and a kid fouled him before he could dunk it... He was on his way to having the biggest dunk I'd ever seen, lol. I'll tell anyone, if they get a chance to go see this kid, GO SEE HIM!!!! I still can't get over how good he was.

Also, his team isn't as bad as everyone says either. No, they're not GREAT players, but they can score as well without Jenkins in there. Jenkins came out of the first quarter after getting 2 fouls and Station Camp's players continued to score and kept them in the game with Harding. They had a couple of players hit some three's and their big post player got some points in. The TEAM isn't as bad as people claim, but Jenkins does all the scoring while he's in there.

I can say he makes a believer out of you when you see him play. He's averaging 40 and he's getting trick defenses thrown at him every night to limit his touches or double team him.

When you going to see him play yankees8589? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />