John Jenkins

TARHEEL30

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kept up with it while he was playing last night and I thought I had 36, but LARRYBIRD posted 34. I know he only had 7 at the half and then he took over in the second half. Jenkins is the real deal tero, it was well worth the drive to Middle TN!

Harding ran a box and 1 on him last night. Well, one time in the first half, he caught the ball in the corner and faked like he was about to go baseline with the ball and he had 2 people on him trying to trap him, well after he faked going baseline both of the Harding players ran into each other and knocked each other down and he stepped back and busted a three. It was a nasty move. You know he had to have been laughing inside his head. I literally laughed out loud when I seen him do that. He's the real deal and I'll go as far as saying that he's better than Leslie McDonald.

Sounds great...I wish his team was good enough to at least make the substate I might have to make that drive. I f he is better than McDonald then he is the truth. I know McDonald has two lower D-1 players on his team and I don't think he would average 40 if he wasnt playing with them. GC did Marlon Brown check Jenkins at all?? and Who won the game

Marlon Brown wasn't even there last night. I asked one of the players where he was and they said at an All-Star football game down in Florida. Had Brown been there though, I think this game would've been alot closer and Harding might've won. I still think Jenkins would've gotten 30+ though. At times he had some really quick white kid on him and at other times he had a kid about 6'4 or 6'5 on him guarding him in the box and 1. Neither of them completely stopped Jenkins. You've got to see this kid!!!

I can say he makes a believer out of you when you see him play. He's averaging 40 and he's getting trick defenses thrown at him every night to limit his touches or double team him.

When you going to see him play yankees8589? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Maybe when they play some real competition....Just joking. I'm sold on Jenkins. Nashvilleceltics says Jenkins is the real deal and thats all I need to know. I put alot of stock in what he has to say. I was actually hoping to see Jenkins at Hickman County but I didn't make it.

Marlon Brown wasn't even there last night. I asked one of the players where he was and they said at an All-Star football game down in Florida. Had Brown been there though, I think this game would've been alot closer and Harding might've won. I still think Jenkins would've gotten 30+ though. At times he had some really quick white kid on him and at other times he had a kid about 6'4 or 6'5 on him guarding him in the box and 1. Neither of them completely stopped Jenkins. You've got to see this kid!!!

Yea I'm quite sure he would have but im quite sure Marlon would have loved that challenge

Yea I'm quite sure he would have but im quite sure Marlon would have loved that challenge

LOL, the kids I was talking to from Harding Academy said that Marlon was better than Jenkins. I asked the kids... If Jenkins drops 50 on ya'll tonight, are ya'll going to say the same thing? They both said yea, lol... They said Marlon would score 40 points a game too if he shot as much as Jenkins. The thing is... Jenkins doesn't shoot everytime he get's the ball! He did force up 2 shots at the beginning of last nights game (1 was a clear foul that was not called) and after that he didn't force up much. If he had room in between him and his 2 men that were guarding him he shot, but if they were in his face he didn't. I really like Jenkins... I know I've said it 1000 times on here now, but seeing him on youtube and seeing him in person is 2 different things, lol. I'm a believer in how good Jenkins actually is now. I wish him the best in the rest of his high school career, his career at Vandy, and hopefully I'll see him in the NBA one day!!!

Sounds great...I wish his team was good enough to at least make the substate I might have to make that drive. I f he is better than McDonald then he is the truth. I know McDonald has two lower D-1 players on his team and I don't think he would average 40 if he wasnt playing with them. GC did Marlon Brown check Jenkins at all?? and Who won the game

STATION CAMP IS FAVORED TO MAKE THE SUB-STATE. BUT THEY FIGURE TO GO ON THE ROAD IN THE SECTIONALS. LIVINGSTON ACADEMY MADE STATE LAST YEAR AND HAVE EVERYONE BACK FROM LAST YEARS TEAM INCLUDING CHASE DUNN WHO HAD 49 POINTS AGAINST STATION CAMP IN LAST YEARS SEMIFINALS OF THE REGION. THE TOP 4 TEAMS IN THE REGION FIGURE TO BE LA, SC, WHITE HOUSE AND UPPERMAN. WHITE HOUSE IS DOWN THIS YEAR BUT THEY DO HAVE SOME TALENT TO MAKE A RUN . WHITE HOUSE WENT TO SECTIONALS THE LAST 3 YEARS AND GRADUATED SOME BIG TIME PLAYERS. UPPERMAN HAS 2 SENIORS WHO ARE VERY GOOD THIS YEAR AND SHOULD MAKE SOME NOISE IN THE REGION TOURNEY.

LOL, the kids I was talking to from Harding Academy said that Marlon was better than Jenkins. I asked the kids... If Jenkins drops 50 on ya'll tonight, are ya'll going to say the same thing? They both said yea, lol... They said Marlon would score 40 points a game too if he shot as much as Jenkins. The thing is... Jenkins doesn't shoot everytime he get's the ball! He did force up 2 shots at the beginning of last nights game (1 was a clear foul that was not called) and after that he didn't force up much. If he had room in between him and his 2 men that were guarding him he shot, but if they were in his face he didn't. I really like Jenkins... I know I've said it 1000 times on here now, but seeing him on youtube and seeing him in person is 2 different things, lol. I'm a believer in how good Jenkins actually is now. I wish him the best in the rest of his high school career, his career at Vandy, and hopefully I'll see him in the NBA one day!!!

Haha I bet that conversation was interesting...

Haha I bet that conversation was interesting...

It is always funny to hear people say "if" about situations like this. "If" a player was there things would have been different. No one will know. The fact is that Jenkins has been doing things like this his whole career and nothing woul lead anyone to believe it would be different with this particular player. He dropped 34 on you guys without "jacking up" shots. He is a great player and person. One day he has the potential to be the SEC player of the year. BOOK IT.

It is always funny to hear people say "if" about situations like this. "If" a player was there things would have been different. No one will know. The fact is that Jenkins has been doing things like this his whole career and nothing woul lead anyone to believe it would be different with this particular player. He dropped 34 on you guys without "jacking up" shots. He is a great player and person. One day he has the potential to be the SEC player of the year. BOOK IT.

Yea as fans we do it all of the time, and sometimes it's true especially when your best player by far who is 6'5 and averages over 20 points a game is not playing,but to correct you Im not from Harding Academy...no disrespect to Jenkins and his followers

LOL, I'm not from Harding either. I'm about a hour and 45 min from Harding to be exact. I do think Marlon would've made the game closer, but Jenkins still would've gotten 30+

Haha GC I totally agree. Scorers will score pretty much against anyone. According to the box scores it was very close game until Harding scored only 6 in the 3rd quarter. You never know Brown could have led Harding to a nice lead and forced Jenkins to shoot more resulting in him scoring 50 instead of JUST 36 hahaha...Rose Bowl time