John Jenkins

TARHEEL30

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The kid is Sensational, just look at his numbers this year. I think he will not have any problem playing at vandy in the sec. I think a couple big games as a freshmen in college and he will be considered for all-sec or on the all freshmen team. As of now, ESPNU ranks him number 30 in the nation. He could very well be in the top 10 freshmen guards in the nation nexy year.

Good luck jj.

There is no doubt his offensive skill set is unmatched at the high school level. What was he, 2 for 10 from 3? Blown dunk. 4 or 5 missed free throws. I'm a Vandy fan and I think JJ has a tremendous upside. But don't go calling him All SEC yet. Obviously he can score but Jason Holwerda was a better ball handler, passer and defender his Senior year of high school. Whether you like that or not.....that's the truth.

There is no doubt his offensive skill set is unmatched at the high school level. What was he, 2 for 10 from 3? Blown dunk. 4 or 5 missed free throws. I'm a Vandy fan and I think JJ has a tremendous upside. But don't go calling him All SEC yet. Obviously he can score but Jason Holwerda was a better ball handler, passer and defender his Senior year of high school. Whether you like that or not.....that's the truth.

ALL-SEC. I THINK I JUST DID CALL HIM THAT. I'LL GO AS FAR AS ALL AMERICAN.

IM A VANDY FAN ALSO AND I WOULD'NT BE COMPARING HOLWERDA TO JENKINS.

I wish JJ the best he had a great high school run. In my opinion he lost his chance at a trip to the boro last year. Unfortunately the coaching staff didn't know how to handle the amount of talent they had. The had much more talent both last year and his freshman year. Instead of depending on one they could have depended on 6. A team atmosphere always beats an individual when talent is even. In 8AA only a few teams could play with SC over the past couple of years. The individuality that was allowed by the coaching staff set them up for a short run in the post season. Up 20 in the first and substituting provided LA with a run and momemtum. The dream was shattered by the coaching staff. Not only was JJ not able to make it but many other kids missed an opportunity that would have lasted a lifetime. Hopefully SC will get another chance in the future.

As I recall they did make it to Sub-State without JJ. They played much more team ball when he went down and had more success. Not sure how the coaching staff missed that the following year.

GO STATION CAMP

John Jenkins made the All-Region team last night. I wish he had been there to pick up his plaque. The good folks of Upperman and LA gave him a very hearty round of applause. We appreciate talent and effort here on the plateau, and it was have been nice to show that appreciation to him in person. Good luck next year at Vandy jj, and congrats on a great career.

No way holwerda is better.

And those stats are for one game. Everybody has one.

Ummm... I'm not sure refresh my memory on what john jenkins did this season...42.3 ppg???? Leading scorer in the nation???? I dont know, i may just be wrong... maybe it was some OTHER guy who did that.

I wish JJ the best he had a great high school run. In my opinion he lost his chance at a trip to the boro last year. Unfortunately the coaching staff didn't know how to handle the amount of talent they had. The had much more talent both last year and his freshman year. Instead of depending on one they could have depended on 6. A team atmosphere always beats an individual when talent is even. In 8AA only a few teams could play with SC over the past couple of years. The individuality that was allowed by the coaching staff set them up for a short run in the post season. Up 20 in the first and substituting provided LA with a run and momemtum. The dream was shattered by the coaching staff. Not only was JJ not able to make it but many other kids missed an opportunity that would have lasted a lifetime. Hopefully SC will get another chance in the future.

As I recall they did make it to Sub-State without JJ. They played much more team ball when he went down and had more success. Not sure how the coaching staff missed that the following year.

GO STATION CAMP

I watched a lot of SC games this year and came away with the impression that the coaches got all they could out of this TEAM. They were not a one man show. They had to rely on some sophomores and a freshmen to fill some holes. They played more like a team than any other I have seen from this school. Sounds like sour grapes from a former player at SC.