Where will Lunsford be Next year

tunesquad

I really didn't want to comment on this, but since its up and going I'm gonna put my 2 cents worth up. First of all, let me say that Coach Lunsford is as good as a coach as you will find. The man knows what hes doing. He has a football mind that is unbelievable. As the old saying goes, he's forgotten more than I will ever know. We all know why these rumours are around and we also know that a select bunch of parents took it upon themselves to complain about some things that really should not have been complained about. I do know that if these so called parents had the guts to go talk with Coach, he would be more than understanding with the way they felt. But as usual, agendas of some ruin it for all of us. All I have to say is we have lost one coach already. That was a travesty. (money talks) If these people, and you know who you are, and I know who you are!, thinks that Coach doesnt bring more experience, passion for the game, coaching skills, and just a all around hope for success for these kids, you are insane. Don't let jealousy and greed and everything that goes with that ruin what we have. Not only am I talking to some parents, I am also talking about some coaches, and some people in an office down the road. Coach Lunsford is an awesome coach, mentor, and a wonderful guy. He puts everything and everyone before himself. Plus, you will not find anyone that cares about these kids more than he does. He likes discipline. There is nothing wrong with that. That is what we need and have needed. I don't know what coach is going to do, but I'm in his corner and I will be the first to stand up for him.

The same thing happened when he was at Cloudland. A select few took it upon themselves to make things as hard for him as they possibly could. It just seems to me that our small communities around here lack some common sense. If a kid is not being abused, the parents need to shut their stinking mouths and stay out of the team's and coaches business. These parents and some of the faculty fail to see what togetherness can do and keeping their minds on what special things a team can accomplish. Instead they worry about who is going to score or who is going to get playing time or who is going to get their A-s chewed out. I believe the same thing has happened to every school in this county. That is why state championships are few and far between around here. People ain't got no sense and they ruin everything before anything good can happen. I think it pushes alot of coaches into retirement as well. I don't see big Mike coaching much longer. I know I would have done shot somebody by now. What a shame.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that most poeple don't understand is that the one thing he hates about the whole coaching thing is being hard on the kids. Its sort of like raising you're own kids. You hate like heck to have to punish or chew their butts , but smart people understand that if you don't expect their best ,you're usually not gouing to get it. Teen age kids are generally the worst. Its their job to be lazy and give half effort , its other people's jobs to see that it don't happen. He gave his all when he played the game ,he wants the same effort out of the kids he Coaches. I hope some day my kids get the oppertunity to play for Mike and I'm sure he will be tougher on them than anyone, thats fine with me , I want them to be the best thaey can be. He's one person that can get it out of um. Good coaches and teachers are usually not the best loved, but they are the best for our kids.

I totally agree Pujo. These kids today are very hard to reach and to get the best out of them. They don't realize that when its said and done they will look back and say that coach was just trying to make them a better player and a better student. Some kids go full out and some you have to motivate. The way I see it, if your not going to give your best effort, you dont need to play at all. But moms and dads think different today as you know. Its not team anymore its I or my. I hope when its all said and done, coach will be there in the spring doing what he loves and what we appreciate about him.

I really didn't want to comment on this, but since its up and going I'm gonna put my 2 cents worth up. First of all, let me say that Coach Lunsford is as good as a coach as you will find. The man knows what hes doing. He has a football mind that is unbelievable. As the old saying goes, he's forgotten more than I will ever know. We all know why these rumours are around and we also know that a select bunch of parents took it upon themselves to complain about some things that really should not have been complained about. I do know that if these so called parents had the guts to go talk with Coach, he would be more than understanding with the way they felt. But as usual, agendas of some ruin it for all of us. All I have to say is we have lost one coach already. That was a travesty. (money talks) If these people, and you know who you are, and I know who you are!, thinks that Coach doesnt bring more experience, passion for the game, coaching skills, and just a all around hope for success for these kids, you are insane. Don't let jealousy and greed and everything that goes with that ruin what we have. Not only am I talking to some parents, I am also talking about some coaches, and some people in an office down the road. Coach Lunsford is an awesome coach, mentor, and a wonderful guy. He puts everything and everyone before himself. Plus, you will not find anyone that cares about these kids more than he does. He likes discipline. There is nothing wrong with that. That is what we need and have needed. I don't know what coach is going to do, but I'm in his corner and I will be the first to stand up for him.

Since you seem to know what you are talking about I would suggest you name the names of these few select parents. Let other parents that don't know all this bs have their say. Coach Lunsford is well thought of by the players on the team. Some say they will not play if he is not the coach. It is a shame that a few select parents with a personal agenda of their own want to cripple Hampton's football program.

I also want to put my two cents in here: The fans in the stand are tired of seeing all the parents and kids on the sidelines with the football players. We pay to see the game and it is next to impossible to watch with the McClain's kids and now the Chamber's kid running and playing while the game is going on. There are way too many parents allowed out there also. It is a 3 ring circus for sure at any Hampton game. What happened to home land security? Isn't it the coach's job to keep the kids safe? Some parents get too angry during games. Some parents I have been told don't even have children on the team and yet they are allowed on the field. I think the only ones allowed should be the coaches. I think all parents should get in touch with your school board member and complain about this until something is done.

I totally agree Pujo. These kids today are very hard to reach and to get the best out of them. They don't realize that when its said and done they will look back and say that coach was just trying to make them a better player and a better student. Some kids go full out and some you have to motivate. The way I see it, if your not going to give your best effort, you dont need to play at all. But moms and dads think different today as you know. Its not team anymore its I or my. I hope when its all said and done, coach will be there in the spring doing what he loves and what we appreciate about him.

Another thing is this, no one can take 40 kids and make them and all these parents happy. You can either feed um cupcakes and play ringaround the roses and lose every game , or push the heck out of them to be the best they can be, either way you will have unhappy people. The good part about it is , you always have some great parents and some fine kids who are willing to go the extra mile. You have 3 types of kids ,kids who will do anything on their own ,kids who you can push and they will get it done ,and kids who are not going to do anything regardless. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

My only complaint with "most" coaches and Not Mike in particular in any way. Is the type of foul, abusive language that they use with these kids. You can get down a kid's throat and motivate him without the F-bomb and ######! It is ludicrous! Example...Mark Richt...you cuss...you run your guts out!

My only complaint with "most" coaches and Not Mike in particular in any way. Is the type of foul, abusive language that they use with these kids. You can get down a kid's throat and motivate him without the F-bomb and ######! It is ludicrous! Example...Mark Richt...you cuss...you run your guts out!

I can see you haven't been around many 16 and 17 year old boys. With some of their smart mouths they would make a Saint want to cuss. You got to do whatever it takes!!!

The same thing happened when he was at Cloudland. A select few took it upon themselves to make things as hard for him as they possibly could. It just seems to me that our small communities around here lack some common sense. If a kid is not being abused, the parents need to shut their stinking mouths and stay out of the team's and coaches business. These parents and some of the faculty fail to see what togetherness can do and keeping their minds on what special things a team can accomplish. Instead they worry about who is going to score or who is going to get playing time or who is going to get their A-s chewed out. I believe the same thing has happened to every school in this county. That is why state championships are few and far between around here. People ain't got no sense and they ruin everything before anything good can happen. I think it pushes alot of coaches into retirement as well. I don't see big Mike coaching much longer. I know I would have done shot somebody by now. What a shame.

Well said. You got my agreement there /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Since you seem to know what you are talking about I would suggest you name the names of these few select parents. Let other parents that don't know all this bs have their say. Coach Lunsford is well thought of by the players on the team. Some say they will not play if he is not the coach. It is a shame that a few select parents with a personal agenda of their own want to cripple Hampton's football program.

I also want to put my two cents in here: The fans in the stand are tired of seeing all the parents and kids on the sidelines with the football players. We pay to see the game and it is next to impossible to watch with the McClain's kids and now the Chamber's kid running and playing while the game is going on. There are way too many parents allowed out there also. It is a 3 ring circus for sure at any Hampton game. What happened to home land security? Isn't it the coach's job to keep the kids safe? Some parents get too angry during games. Some parents I have been told don't even have children on the team and yet they are allowed on the field. I think the only ones allowed should be the coaches. I think all parents should get in touch with your school board member and complain about this until something is done.

I'm not gonna name any names, but if you just hang around you will find out. I think we should rally around our coaches and stand up for them and stand up for what we believe in. As far as the sideline thing, your dead on. Needed to be said a long time ago. And I will go another one, close the lockerroom at halftime to just coaches and players only. This is the only people that need to be in there. Too many onlookers and people trying to find something to complain about.

I'm not gonna name any names, but if you just hang around you will find out. I think we should rally around our coaches and stand up for them and stand up for what we believe in. As far as the sideline thing, your dead on. Needed to be said a long time ago. And I will go another one, close the lockerroom at halftime to just coaches and players only. This is the only people that need to be in there. Too many onlookers and people trying to find something to complain about.

Very good one about the locker room at half time. When Hampton played Greenback a parent come from the locker room and told the fans and parents one of the coaches told the players it was over and they might as well get ready for next year. He went on to say three boys walked out of the locker room after this statement was made. The parent who was saying this isn't from Hampton and his son hasn't step foot on the playing field at all for varisty but this parent has been on the sidelines and in the locker room at half time.

Mike knows the game of football Unicoi could use him! About the language, there's no call for it. I can't help but wonder how many coaches go home and "cuss" their own kids for not doing their homework, watching too much tv, or basically not doing every thing they are told to do? I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's easier for a coach to "cuss" someone else kid rather than his own.

Very good one about the locker room at half time. When Hampton played Greenback a parent come from the locker room and told the fans and parents one of the coaches told the players it was over and they might as well get ready for next year. He went on to say three boys walked out of the locker room after this statement was made. The parent who was saying this isn't from Hampton and his son hasn't step foot on the playing field at all for varisty but this parent has been on the sidelines and in the locker room at half time.

We had the same problem at Cloudland during the Lunsford and Byrd years. Too many fans on the sideline and in the locker room. When Robbie took over, he cut a lot of that out. The Lockerroom is for coaches and players only. Also, I think students and students only should carry the water bucket. Not people who have hung around the school for 20 years. Its just my opinion, but I think it makes the team look bad. I'm talking about Cloudland by the way.

Mike knows the game of football Unicoi could use him! About the language, there's no call for it. I can't help but wonder how many coaches go home and "cuss" their own kids for not doing their homework, watching too much tv, or basically not doing every thing they are told to do? I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's easier for a coach to "cuss" someone else kid rather than his own.

You are right!! I was wrong in my reply to 96Dog and I apologize for the remark I made.

With that being said I have my own reasons for for Coach Lunsford staying at Hampton. I would hate to see him go and it would have a very promising upcoming team hurt. I have had serveral parents to tell me that if Lunsford left their children would not be playing.