Dobyns Bennett Football

My prediction is that DB goes 8-3 next year losing in the first round in the playoffs. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm no DB fan, but who do you actually think is going to beat them in the new district? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm no DB fan, but who do you actually think is going to beat them in the new district? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Crockett. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

No, I don't really see the Indians being challenged. They will probably have 4 gimme games and the other 3 will be competitive for 2 or 3 quarters.

South,THS.& HillToppers. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

That does sound nice, but I dunno. Even though the Indians dont do the whole playoff thing, during the regular season they are great. Tn High didnt get the job done this year, or science hill. In my opinion, South could have beaten them this year, but we will never know for sure, they havent beaten them since the early nineties.

I just dont see any teams next year beating them in conference play. Might be a few very close games, but I dunno.

Obviously, it's official. Dobyns Bennett will have 7 conference games:

Daniel Boone (Gray)

David Crockett (Jonesborough)

Sullivan Central (Blountville)

Sullivan South (Kingsport)

Tennessee High (Bristol)

Science Hill (Johnson City)

Volunteer (Church Hill)

This will allow for 3 non-conference games. My prediction for these games is 1 Private (DII-2A) and 2 Publics (DI-3A/6A). I feel anything from the Nashville area east is fair game. I honestly wouldn't rule out a neutral site game, especially with the community, booster clubs, and alumni we have.

I saw where former Indian Phillip Tritapoe had a sack in the UT JV game last night. Congrats to a fine young man. It takes a tough kid with a big heart to do what he's doing at UT. Could be playing small college ball somewhere but is working his tail off to be a part of the Big Orange. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I saw where former Indian Phillip Tritapoe had a sack in the UT JV game last night. Congrats to a fine young man. It takes a tough kid with a big heart to do what he's doing at UT. Could be playing small college ball somewhere but is working his tail off to be a part of the Big Orange. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well said. Phillip was a friend of mine in high school, great guy, always worked hard, no suprise he's still doing it at UT. VolmanScott, his brother played his football at Sullivan South, running back if I remember correctly.

I have no reason to believe anyone from the district will beat DB, other than the law of averages. Seems like somebody up here wins against DB every 10-15 yrs. So we are in that window. South says their gonna' win every year so theres no difference there. I don't think they could of beaten DB this year either. DB will lose 2 of the 3 out of district games and of cource the first round of the playoffs. 8-3 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I have no reason to believe anyone from the district will beat DB, other than the law of averages. Seems like somebody up here wins against DB every 10-15 yrs. So we are in that window. South says their gonna' win every year so theres no difference there. I don't think they could of beaten DB this year either. DB will lose 2 of the 3 out of district games and of cource the first round of the playoffs. 8-3 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

So when will we know the conference schedules anyway? Would love to know when we are playing certain teams and who the home team will be.

The Inner Circle was having its weekly meeting last night, going over the basics. Talking South football, politics, shootin' the bull...then all of the sudden some guy showed up in a South sweatshirt. He sat down at the table and jumped in our conversation, acting like he owned the place. All of the I.C. members were looking around at each other, trying to figure out who this guy thought he was, showing up uninvited. Finally, it hit Rebeltothecore and he said, "That's Wacojaco!" And sure enough, he blushed and ran out of the room, screaming something like "Please, just let me join, I'll do anything!"

The Inner Circle's influence is vast, and even the DB "faithful" want in.

I hope we (south) play DB later in the year... Sensabaugh is going to be a beast. I think DB trips up 1 time in the conf. vs either SSHS, SHHS, or THS. I do have to say, the "new" conference is going to hurt DB. I agree that it is imperative that they schedule some tough non-conf opponents to get better in the playoffs. there has to be some knoxville team they can play or pick up maryville, or heck i hear bell co. KY is always looking to play someone

I hope we (south) play DB later in the year... Sensabaugh is going to be a beast. I think DB trips up 1 time in the conf. vs either SSHS, SHHS, or THS. I do have to say, the "new" conference is going to hurt DB. I agree that it is imperative that they schedule some tough non-conf opponents to get better in the playoffs. there has to be some knoxville team they can play or pick up maryville, or heck i hear bell co. KY is always looking to play someone

was hoping the same thing. I always though it would be better for both teams to play later in the year in case QBs were new and so forth. I'm curious as to which of the 3 games will be at home. DB, THS, or SHHS. Figured tricitiessportsfan would already know but guess not.