Fri., 9/18 - @ Elizabethton D

Fri., 9/25 - vs. Daniel Boone

Fri., 10/2 - @ Johnson Co. D

Fri., 10/9 - OPEN

Thur., 10/15 - vs. Happy Valley D

Sat., 10/17 - @ Haysi, VA

Fri., 10/23 - OPEN

Fri., 10/30 - @ Unicoi Co. D

Wow, the Raiders A.D. must of been pullin his hair out trying to make a schedule. Did you catch this Volman? Not only do they only have 4 home games but they have an open date to rest up for a Thursday night home game followed by a 48hr. Saturday night road trip. I've never seen that done before. Let's spin it as a great publicity stunt for the program. I hope Lane Kiffin doesn't find out about this! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Good luck Raiders! You can win em all!

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sullivan North 2009 Schedule

Thur., 8/20 - @ Sullivan Central

Fri., 8/28 - @ Volunteer

Fri., 9/4 - vs. Sullivan East D

Fri., 9/11 - vs. Rye Cove, VA

Fri., 9/18 - @ Elizabethton D

Fri., 9/25 - vs. Daniel Boone

Fri., 10/2 - @ Johnson Co. D

Fri., 10/9 - OPEN

Thur., 10/15 - vs. Happy Valley D

Sat., 10/17 - @ Haysi, VA

Fri., 10/23 - OPEN

Fri., 10/30 - @ Unicoi Co. D

Are you sure this is accurate. I've never known of a high school team to play 2 games in three days before. That sounds almost impossible.

/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

North / South / City Schools:

Wow, a little time out of state and I miss so much chatter on both highschool football and local politics. It's also funny to read the Times News take on all the annexations and the new city school being built in the midst of the South-Land. The fact, that they will not speak of, is the city is strip mining Rock Springs and Colonial Heights just like they did Lynn Garden. We already have seen what it has done to North. What a gloomy day it will be if North goes away completely! I tell you this though, and this is just my opinion, if this day does come and if I had a kid that was athletic, I would really consider first moving him to South. I guarantee you if the former North zone kid come in and works and wants to play, he will be welcomed with open arms by the staff and kids at South. Also, once the county cousins from the North spent the weekend at Rebel Camp, they'd be hooked. Heck, ask Duke Moretz (from Central) what he thought about making the move to South. Great kid, I wish South had had four years of his services. No doubt his photo would have been on the wall in the weight room. The only reason I mention this whole North to South scenario, is because even with the history between North and South, even as recently as last years coin toss and lack of hand shakes, I for one believe the cousins from North WOULD be a welcome addition to the South program. Coach Carter would get them all together and they would all be.... Rebels. When you're 15-17 years old, last year was a thousand years ago. All they want in '09 and beyond is to win.

North will be here next year as a high school and middle school (7th and 8th grade). The county commisioner, from the South Zone, that made the comments that lead to the article in the paper was a smoke screen. Colonial Heights will be annexed into the City of Kingsport in 2010. He made that statement to try to get North closed and save South in the future. The City has taken all the students that they can from the North Zone. So, now it is South's turn. I am not blaming Kingsport City Schools, it is just part of life. The surburban area of Kingsport is growing. Sooner or later Sullivan County, Bristol City, and Kingsport City Schools will be under one Board of Education. Until then, the County schools are going to have make the best out of the situation they are in for now.

Now, back to football, in AA North is going to have a good team next year. Their toughest games will be against Daniel Boone and Elizabethton. They should do well in their new conference, schedule, and the players they got coming back.

In AAA, DB, South, and TH are going to be the teams to beat. Daniel Boone and SH will be right there with those teams. All five of those teams has alot of questions that need answering. For DB, Who will be the next quarterback, go to widereciever, and their line? The good knews for DB is the quarterback gets to hand the ball to # 32! That will make the play at QB easier and make that O-line look better too! I trust that the coaches at DB will have their boys ready. However, I think the biggest question for the Indians is "what is Coach Watson going to do?" He is the anchor on that coaching staff.

"The surburban area of Kingsport is growing. Sooner or later Sullivan County, Bristol City, and Kingsport City Schools will be under one Board of Education. "

What a freakin' nightmare. I'm glad I work for JC--- I'd never work for the city of Kingsport again for any reason. When South becomes a Kingport City School is when I move back to Tallahassee. Hopefully I'll have one in law school there and one playing for BBowden by then and Greg won't whine about.... or he'll just have to visit me. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> Go Rebs & Noles.

What a freakin' nightmare. I'm glad I work for JC--- I'd never work for the city of Kingsport again for any reason. When South becomes a Kingport City School is when I move back to Tallahassee. Hopefully I'll have one in law school there and one playing for BBowden by then and Greg won't whine about.... or he'll just have to visit me. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> Go Rebs & Noles.

As a current Kingsport City Schools employee in after school programs and teachers assitant positions over the past four years, and a hopeful Kingsport City Schools future teacher, I'm curious to why you would never work for Kingsport City ever again 'for any reason'? My interest is genuine.

Also, I say this to everyone, I do not believe that Kingsport City, Bristol City, and Sullivan County will come under the same house politically; Kingsport and Bristol would never give up their charters. It's more likely they will come together in the realm of education at some indefinite point in the future. The county education situation is woeful. Forced consolidations, annexation, and lack of funds is killing the county. Being a citizen of Kingsport and an employee of multiple city departments, I can honestly say I'd pay more taxes if it meant the situation would get better. I would like to see, however, the county 'wise men' be a bit more proactive in finding a solution to this situation the county system finds itself in, if their is one. I understand we in the city, both Kingsport and Bristol, are part of the problem, but we are not the problem.

I also should say, kingsportfan and I are best friends. He is from the part of Bloomingdale where the city limit now sits on his closest horizon when it used to be miles away. I am from southeast Kingsport, situated between Memorial Blvd. and Ft. Henry Dr. The only topic, and I do mean only topic, we have made a conscious decision to not talk about is the county education system, our sympathies simply run too deep. However, we both are adament about the need for the cities and county to cooperate to fix the problem. We are all in this together, some more than others, and we are all part of the solution.

I am now stepping off the soap box. Next.

[

Why do you say that? I work for Kingsport City, and I never have had any problems. I doubt South will become a city school or North for that matter. I say in about 10 years (give or take a few) our school systems (Bristol, Kingsport, and Sullivan County) will be under one Board of Education, like Knoxville and Nashville.

Why do you say that? I work for Kingsport City, and I never have had any problems. I doubt South will become a city school or North for that matter. I say in about 10 years (give or take a few) our school systems (Bristol, Kingsport, and Sullivan County) will be under one Board of Education, like Knoxville and Nashville.

I think that would be a major mistake and I hope it never happens. Kingsport has one of the most prestigious school systems in the state and has won numerous national awards. Consolidation would mandate that all teacher salaries be equal. No longer would Kingsport get the best and brightest minds to teach our kids. With consolidation we have nothing to gain and everything to lose. That's just the way I feel.

I think that would be a major mistake and I hope it never happens. Kingsport has one of the most prestigious school systems in the state and has won numerous national awards. Consolidation would mandate that all teacher salaries be equal. No longer would Kingsport get the best and brightest minds to teach our kids. With consolidation we have nothing to gain and everything to lose. That's just the way I feel.

You have a right to your opinion, but try to look at it in an other perspective. It could help all the systems in different ways. It want happen anytime soon, but it will sooner or later.

North will be here next year as a high school and middle school (7th and 8th grade). The county commisioner, from the South Zone, that made the comments that lead to the article in the paper was a smoke screen. Colonial Heights will be annexed into the City of Kingsport in 2010. He made that statement to try to get North closed and save South in the future. The City has taken all the students that they can from the North Zone. So, now it is South's turn. I am not blaming Kingsport City Schools, it is just part of life. The surburban area of Kingsport is growing. Sooner or later Sullivan County, Bristol City, and Kingsport City Schools will be under one Board of Education. Until then, the County schools are going to have make the best out of the situation they are in for now.

Now, back to football, in AA North is going to have a good team next year. Their toughest games will be against Daniel Boone and Elizabethton. They should do well in their new conference, schedule, and the players they got coming back.

In AAA, DB, South, and TH are going to be the teams to beat. Daniel Boone and SH will be right there with those teams. All five of those teams has alot of questions that need answering. For DB, Who will be the next quarterback, go to widereciever, and their line? The good knews for DB is the quarterback gets to hand the ball to # 32! That will make the play at QB easier and make that O-line look better too! I trust that the coaches at DB will have their boys ready. However, I think the biggest question for the Indians is "what is Coach Watson going to do?" He is the anchor on that coaching staff.

I think the O-line will be fine this year.We have a couple of real good seniors returning in Hanson and Fuller . There is some real good and strong juniors and fine up and coming sophmores to mix in.I heard a big senior that didn't play last year may come back as well. Derrick S will bring the speed at wideout

I taught in the school system for 7 years.... I'm just glad to be teaching at school system to actually wants me to TEACH and not do reams of paperwork all day--- and then complain that I don't teach enough. JC pays me to teach, lets me teach, helps me teach, and does all they can stop paperwork before it interrupts my teaching. Our scores are tops in the state as well. Kingsport has some of the most talented teachers I've ever worked with in 17 years--- they are just hidden behind the piles of red tape micromanagement paperwork and can't see over their desks much less teach their students.