Dobyns Bennett Football

As a current Kingsport City Schools employee in after school programs and teachers assitant positions over the past four years, and a hopeful Kingsport City Schools future teacher, I'm curious to why you would never work for Kingsport City ever again 'for any reason'? My interest is genuine.

Hey TCF--- I've enjoyed your posts over the past year, btw. After 17 years in the classroom, too many college degrees, and tenure in Tallahassee, Kingsport, University School, ETSU COE, and presently Johnson City... I speak from experience, friend. This board in not appropriate for my work views but I'll be glad to chat with you and help you with job hunting in any way. Email me and we'll trade info: TaylorD@JCSchools.org

TGIF- BobbyMama

...and his old 4th grade teacher

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sullivan North 2009 Schedule

Thur., 8/20 - @ Sullivan Central

Fri., 8/28 - @ Volunteer

Fri., 9/4 - vs. Sullivan East D

Fri., 9/11 - vs. Rye Cove, VA

Fri., 9/18 - @ Elizabethton D

Fri., 9/25 - vs. Daniel Boone

Fri., 10/2 - @ Johnson Co. D

Fri., 10/9 - OPEN

Thur., 10/15 - vs. Happy Valley D

Sat., 10/17 - @ Haysi, VA

Fri., 10/23 - OPEN

Fri., 10/30 - @ Unicoi Co. D

If in fact DB plays on the 21st of august,I'll try and catch the North and Central game .For sure,I'll go to the Daniel Boone game on DB's open day.

Don't you hate it when a woman pulls your shorts down from behind. Dally Mama eh...Bobby Mama, I'm just glad I'm on your side...sheesh! Imagine if you and my wife hung out together...OMG!

Oh I am hard core about some baggin' britches! Any boyz in my house better crank up that belt or risk a show & tell. I told 'em I didn't want to see their panties in any way, shape or form. Some still have to learn the hard way... That kid looks like Erkle when he comes to the house now--- pants pulled up to his chin...he! he! he!

Hey TCF--- I've enjoyed your posts over the past year, btw. After 17 years in the classroom, too many college degrees, and tenure in Tallahassee, Kingsport, University School, ETSU COE, and presently Johnson City... I speak from experience, friend. This board in not appropriate for my work views but I'll be glad to chat with you and help you with job hunting in any way. Email me and we'll trade info: TaylorD@JCSchools.org

TGIF- BobbyMama

...and his old 4th grade teacher

Experience you do have. I would appreciate any advice as I know only one system, the Kingsport system, graduating from it and now working for it. I also appreciate your desire to help. You should receive an e-mail from me sometime in the near future. Thanks in advance, BobbyMama.

So why was it that we built South? Was Central overcrowded? What, we were trying to save gas money on busing? What...20 miles from South to Central. From North to South what...15 miles. And how much did South cost?

My point is...was it a bad decision or good for the times and now things are just different? I contend that then as now someone is influencing a group of someones to make the same mistake all over again.

It's terrible to have so much money and need to spend it so as not to leave it to another generation for a more important purpose. It's terrible to need resourses now because of a decision made yesterday and have no resources available. It's terrible to repeat this process over and over. It's terrible that Kingsport City teachers make that much more money than Sullivan County teachers.

Teachers, Waitresses, Policemen, Nurses, Coaches...we treat them all like we are doing them a favor allowing them to do their job.

Let's build a new school...any suggestions on where to put it?

Here is a link to the Dobyns Bennett football page: Dobyns Bennett - Football 2009

Dobyns Bennett 2009 Schedule - Varsity

8/21 - @ Farragut

8/28 - vs. Clinton

9/4 - @ Sullivan Central D

9/11 - vs. Sevier Co.

9/18 - vs. Daniel Boone D

9/25 - OPEN

10/2 - @ Sullivan South D

10/9 - @ Tennessee High D

10/16 - vs. David Crockett D (Homecoming)

10/23 - @ Science Hill D

10/30 - vs. Volunteer D (Senior Night)

*All games are scheduled on Fridays and will begin at 7:30 pm.

Dobyns Bennett 2009 Schedule - Junior Varsity

8/24 - @ Science Hill D

8/31 - @ Sullivan North

9/7 - @ Sullivan Central D

9/14 - vs. Volunteer D

9/21 - vs. Daniel Boone D

9/28 - OPEN

10/5 - @ Sullivan South D

10/12 - @ Tennessee High D

10/19 - vs. David Crockett D

10/26 - vs. Elizabethton

*All games are scheduled on Mondays and will begin at 5:30 pm.

Dobyns Bennett 2009 Schedule - Freshman

8/27 - vs. Science Hill D

9/3 - @ Greeneville

9/10 - vs. Sullivan Central D

9/17 - @ Volunteer D

9/24 - @ Daniel Boone D

10/1 - vs. Elizabethton

10/8 - vs. Sullivan South D

10/15 - vs. Tennessee High D

10/22 - @ David Crockett D

*All games are scheduled on Thursdays, game times are unknown.

I like the fact that the Indians will play all district opponents in the coming year, varsity, junior varsity, and freshman. It's my hope that every member of the Big 8 does this so we can have definitive conference champions on the junior varsity and freshman levels, adding a bit of flavor to the minor leagues. Does anyone know if all Big 8 junior varsity and freshman teams will play each other this fall, giving me the Big 8 JV Conference and Big 8 Freshman Conference I so desire?

I think the O-line will be fine this year.We have a couple of real good seniors returning in Hanson and Fuller . There is some real good and strong juniors and fine up and coming sophmores to mix in.I heard a big senior that didn't play last year may come back as well. Derrick S will bring the speed at wideout

Who is the likely starter at QB? Roop or Seabolt?