Dobyns Bennett Football

You have to know I hate bringing this up but "The Winningest Team in Tennessee" would most years be the 4th best team, at best, in Blount county. Is upper ET really that weak?

Being a Tennessee High fan you know as well as the rest of us that upper ET is pretty weak. But to correct your statement DB would be the 3rd best team in Blount Co. behind Maryville and Alcoa. Also you could make that statement about any team in the state. You pick the team. I think year in and year out Maryville and Alcoa are the top two teams in the state. Their record and number of state championships prove that. Your just jelious of DB, being a Tennessee High fan. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South and DB both had teams last year that should have made it to the Boro.Those schools will never have the talent level like they had last year.DB had a chance to go when Duran Ferguson was qb ,Time has run out .Combining the two schools,they might have a chance IMO. Maybe! Depending on the coach.

For years, many have said it is over for DB as far as talent goes. DB has a large pool to draw from with the diversity at the school. They will reload again, but it may take a little bit longer this time around. MAybe not...we'll see.... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I hope for an upper east TN school to win it all. Cloudland made it to the big game as did MWest. Both got beat pretty bad, especially Cloudland. People like to pick on DB for losing early. But realize, DB plays schools from Knoxville or Chattanooga in the first round, that was the 5A life. South or any other 4A school played other weak upper east tn schools until the semis (Maryville) and got waxed. Fact, South has only beaten one school from knoxville or west. DB, does it every year. First round in 5A is = to the 4A semis.

Why is it like this? I live in Nashville now and see it. I do not know why, but around here the players are bigger and faster. It does not make since, but it is true. I hate to admit it, but I do. I am hoping a school from the tri cities can break the trend.

I hope for an upper east TN school to win it all. Cloudland made it to the big game as did MWest. Both got beat pretty bad, especially Cloudland. People like to pick on DB for losing early. But realize, DB plays schools from Knoxville or Chattanooga in the first round, that was the 5A life. South or any other 4A school played other weak upper east tn schools until the semis (Maryville) and got waxed. Fact, South has only beaten one school from knoxville or west. DB, does it every year. First round in 5A is = to the 4A semis.

Why is it like this? I live in Nashville now and see it. I do not know why, but around here the players are bigger and faster. It does not make since, but it is true. I hate to admit it, but I do. I am hoping a school from the tri cities can break the trend.

I understand your point and agree to a certain extent. But, IMO, 5A first round is NOT equal to 4A semis. Maryville is better than ANY team D-B has ever played in the first round. Just my opinion.

As for players being bigger and faster in Nashville, I agree to a certain extent also. Fact is, Nashville is just a bigger city so you will have a 10 to 1 ratio of bigger/faster players. It's that simple. Just like if you compared larger US cities to Nashville, it would be the same thing. Population plays the biggest role.

Being a Tennessee High fan you know as well as the rest of us that upper ET is pretty weak. But to correct your statement DB would be the 3rd best team in Blount Co. behind Maryville and Alcoa. Also you could make that statement about any team in the state. You pick the team. I think year in and year out Maryville and Alcoa are the top two teams in the state. Their record and number of state championships prove that. Your just jelious of DB, being a Tennessee High fan. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

WOW

And yes DB would be the 4th best in the county. Wm Blount beats DB home or away. Last 5 games DB is 2-3 v Wm Blount.

Blount county is loaded with great teams.I don't know how Maryville will do in 6A,but if they are able to win some championships,it will be good for all of east Tennessee.Remember,we are just an hour or two away up here,and anytime a Knoxville area school wins it all,it's a win for the whole area as well as that school.OR has done a great job over the years of bringing back championships ,but in the last few years it's been done by other parts of the state in 5A. I look forward to the scrimmage with Maryville and hope that it will help DB's young team this year.

Blount county is loaded with great teams.I don't know how Maryville will do in 6A,but if they are able to win some championships,it will be good for all of east Tennessee.Remember,we are just an hour or two away up here,and anytime a Knoxville area school wins it all,it's a win for the whole area as well as that school.OR has done a great job over the years of bringing back championships ,but in the last few years it's been done by other parts of the state in 5A. I look forward to the scrimmage with Maryville and hope that it will help DB's young team this year.

Yes. A rising tide lifts all boats. It will be good for both areas. And Chattanooga, too.

Yes. A rising tide lifts all boats. It will be good for both areas. And Chattanooga, too.

Last year during the playoffs Wildcat as he or she called themself,became a wanted man for remarks made on this board,I think you are right there with them. I would not let my real name become known cause WaCo will terriorize U.

Last year during the playoffs Wildcat as he or she called themself,became a wanted man for remarks made on this board,I think you are right there with them. I would not let my real name become known cause WaCo will terriorize U.

Wrong. All she ever does is get frustrated and start name calling.

Besides, she will be outta here after the 1st week of playoffs.

OK,back to football.We are a young team this year at DB.Has anybody got a clue as to how good the local teams will be besides South,TH and SH.Everyone talks about the favorites,but I know the other schools have some talent as well.The kids at Holston have one of the best teams year after year,some of that talent has to go over to Central.I seen a mountain of a young man at East last year,what have they got coming back ? Is Boone as good as people are saying ?

OK,back to football.We are a young team this year at DB.Has anybody got a clue as to how good the local teams will be besides South,TH and SH.Everyone talks about the favorites,but I know the other schools have some talent as well.The kids at Holston have one of the best teams year after year,some of that talent has to go over to Central.I seen a mountain of a young man at East last year,what have they got coming back ? Is Boone as good as people are saying ?

Central had several starters back in 2008 from the year before and it didn't show; they only managed to win two or three games.

I haven't heard anything about Boone. I think Boone would be a top 3 5A team in the conference, behind THS and South.

Do you have an idea of how many Hilltoppers are returning this year? Do you think they will be better than last year?

Although East won't be in the Big 8, they should be a contender to win District 1 AA, along with Elizabehton and North. They'll have twenty-some seniors this year. Looney, Rosenbaum, Campbell, and Depew are returning. The big guy your talking about, Preston Frye, was a senior last year.