Marion Co. vs. S. Pitt.

scout

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by coacht:
Posted by scout:

Marion Co. and S. Pitt.-What do people think about the outcome of this one and when and where is it played?

It is being played on Friday, instead of Saturday, at S. Pitt, isn't it?

CoachT, I think that is right!

I really haven't heard much about Marion other than numbers are down and haven't heard a thing about South Pittsurg. We should find out a little at the jamboree friday in Whitwell. :x

South Pitt. plays Bledsoe & Lookout Valley

Marion Plays Sequatchie & Whitwell

Posted by Sequatchie:
Posted by coacht:
Posted by scout:

Marion Co. and S. Pitt.-What do people think about the outcome of this one and when and where is it played?

It is being played on Friday, instead of Saturday, at S. Pitt, isn't it?

Marion will win the game in a hard fought contest at South Pitt. The game will be great to see because the two teams are much improved from last year.

CoachT, I think that is right!

I really haven't heard much about Marion other than numbers are down and haven't heard a thing about South Pittsurg. We should find out a little at the jamboree friday in Whitwell. :x

South Pitt. plays Bledsoe & Lookout Valley

Marion Plays Sequatchie & Whitwell

Posted by Shadrick69:

why isnt it bein played on saturday?

I think they just decided to move it back to Friday since it is not being played at Finley Stadium this year. I was planning to attend the game until they moved it back to Friday. Hopefully I can catch one or both of them later in the year.

Posted by wardawg2038:

The game is on Friday at South Pittsburg. Moved to Friday because of not playing at Finley.

There is no benefit for either of those teams to be involved with Finley Stadium. That game belongs in the valley. Why should their fans drive to Chattanooga when they're so close to each other. It was a smart move by the schools to move it home.

Del.

Posted by Sequatchie:

I wish they would have it on Saturday Night all the time as one of the biggest games in the state a lot of people would like to go but don't want to miss there teams game!

I think that is one reason the Sequatchie/Grundy game is on Thursday night?

[Edited by Sequatchie on 8-19-02 11:38A]

I agree. I think a lot of people, who support other schools and are obligated to support their home team, would come to this one on a Thursday or Sat. nite. I noticed that White House and Portland is on Thurs. nite and BA and Brentwood is on Sat. nite. Sorry I'm going to miss this one.

The best rivalry in high school football has arrived. I have had the opportunity to see both teams practice and scrimmage and believe that both teams are fairly close in terms of talent. South Pittsburgh has decent speed and athleticism, but is prone to break down and give up big plays on both sides of the ball. They will rely heavily on running back jones and will go as far as he can carry them. The pirates have problems at quarterback as the play from that position has been erratic. Marion looks similar to the team they had last year. The warriors have decent size but are lacking for speed, especially in the secondary, which is the teams weakest position. Marion doesn't appear to have many standouts and will have to perform collectively.

OUTLOOK: Neither team will dominate the other and the game should be a typically competitive affair. As usual, the team who makes the fewest mistakes and is able to capitalize on the opportunities that occur will win. Marion is the deeper team and gets more consistent play from the quarterback position. These two factors will result in the warriors claiming the victory.

[Edited by tnaquarius on 8-26-02 11:08A]