Greeneville's New Football Conference

WGRV

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's not forget the 3 other teams in this district that will be playing the Devils this year!!! Cumberland Gap, Claiborne and Grainger are very capable of putting a good team on the field as well. It should be interesting!

Cumberland Gap and Grainger lost to South Greene this year. Claiborne beat Chuckey Doak 15-14. They are not better, at least not currently.

Cumberland Gap and Grainger lost to South Greene this year. Claiborne beat Chuckey Doak 15-14. They are not better, at least not currently.

Notice I said very CAPABLE of putting good teams on the field. CG and SG beat each other every other year. The home team has always won in that game. And to be honest, C-D is a team that really should be better than they are. The have a lot of athletes. Grainger, well, they were down this year, but mark my word, they won't stay down. Very physical teams in the past and with over 60 players, very capable of returning to that. Claiborne generally has good athletes and can put a good team on the field at any time. All I'm sayin is that Greeneville shouldn't go ahead and clear a spot in the trophy case just yet. They are by far the class of the league, but any of these teams can jump up and get em at any time. Oh and I don't want to forget WG...everybody needs to watch out for them. They are headin in the right direction there. I think it will be a competitive league from top to bottom and I'm lookin forward to it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Forget about the Greene Devil fans for a minute. Will the band have to show up 5 minutes before half time and leave right after they finish play? Or show up before the game and mark there spot on the bleachers? We had better show up early so we can get a seat for the game Devil Fans. To quote Bob Dylan "The times they are a changen".

Forget about the Greene Devil fans for a minute. Will the band have to show up 5 minutes before half time and leave right after they finish play? Or show up before the game and mark there spot on the bleachers? We had better show up early so we can get a seat for the game Devil Fans. To quote Bob Dylan "The times they are a changen".

Nah, just get the boosters to sell a few more Green and white dogs and buy some portable bleachers w/a nice new semi to haul them around. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

just so ya know guys greeneville has never played a game at C-D...all the games have been played at greeneville and won by them...i look for the same things to happen...so with that being said do u think other county schools wld have their home games played at greeneville so they cld make more money on gate fees with all the sitting and wonderful facilities and even more to come? barb lets hear it?

just so ya know guys greeneville has never played a game at C-D...all the games have been played at greeneville and won by them...i look for the same things to happen...so with that being said do u think other county schools wld have their home games played at greeneville so they cld make more money on gate fees with all the sitting and wonderful facilities and even more to come? barb lets hear it?

I think they played them at Tusculum once. I kind of doubt that the county schools would agree to always play at Greeneville now that it's a conference game, but you never know. Even though I don't like the conference, part of me will enjoy the return of these two yearly phrases:

"This is the year that South Greene beats Greeneville!"

and

"This is the year that Chuckey Doak beats Greeneville!"

and possibly a new one:

"This is the year that West Greene beats the spread!" (Hey you gotta work your way up)

I'm not upset at all. I'm just yankin your chain. We'll all play hard for the W, whoever we play. The local teams don't want to hear about your lack of competition. You got what you asked for, so why complain. Yes, we know GHS wanted the district with EHS, but it didn't work out that way. Let's all go out next season and give our fans their 6 bucks worth and have fun playing against guys we have known forever! And Dude, you better not let Barb catch you using that word on here, she'll get ya! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

You might notice its the soon to be former Greeneville foes that are crying out about the weak district...don't worry rebel and wp...South's still on the schedule at least until Greeneville comes out of our weak little district and beats you.And I believe we may be adding Jeff County and 'ol Betsy back on the schedule as well...and possibly Science Hill so I think we'll manage just fine.

You might notice its the soon to be former Greeneville foes that are crying out about the weak district...don't worry rebel and wp...South's still on the schedule at least until Greeneville comes out of our weak little district and beats you.And I believe we may be adding Jeff County and 'ol Betsy back on the schedule as well...and possibly Science Hill so I think we'll manage just fine.

Correct Barb, listening to Ron Metcalf well after the game was over, he said Betsy is done deal. No wait the contract not been signed. LOL

Other options are from the Morristowns, Cherokee and Volunteer.

A fine outside schedule.

Correct Barb, listening to Ron Metcalf well after the game was over, he said Betsy is done deal. No wait the contract not been signed. LOL

Other options are from the Morristowns, Cherokee and Volunteer.

A fine outside schedule.

Should have gotten that one locked up before the TH game /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Should have gotten that one locked up before the TH game /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />