Warren County Basketball

14pioneers

"Bulldozzzer", I wasn't trying to single out one player or coach, I was only stating facts. Was anyone on here blasting the boys in their 16 point loss to Siegel ? Nooooooo!! We were all very proud of that effort that night. But to go out there on Senior night and play like they did against (Dekalb County) ???? A team we beat by 40 points earlier in the year? The team effort and desire to win the Dekalb game was simply not there. Sorry.

I think it has been a long season for the guys. They are tired mentally and physically. Disgusted, frustrated and sick and tired of feeling like they can never do anything right. So by the end of the season yes I'm sure the desire is not as good as it was at the beginning of the season. But given the way they have been done and things that have been said to them over and over again. I'm proud they have stuck it out. I don't think if I was in their shoes I could have done it. Hope for better days ahead.........

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New low point for Warren County basketball. That's saying something. Sorry, players, I know it's been tough. Keep your heads up, it's gotta get better in the future. 3 wins, 0 district, ending with loss to a team you thumped first time at their place. Looks like Dekalb improved this season and we, well, they improved.

wait till they pass us to death in august 1st football game

To the Pioneers,

Thank you for your time you have put in this season playing this great game of basketball. You have represented our school and county well. You are a great group of young men! Good luck against the Siegel Stars tonight!

Great post & I'll second that! You young men will be successful in life as long as you keep working hard, don't quit and don't let anyone break your spirit.

Great post & I'll second that! You young men will be successful in life as long as you keep working hard, don't quit and don't let anyone break your spirit.

With the loss to Siegel, The Pioneer season has ended with a record of (2-25). I would like to thank, "Bulldozer, fullcount32, Nutnbutnet, Nitro, Sportsfan12, Mcthirty, Hoop, and every poster on this site, that took the time and made this year's thread a success. Hopefully, we will have more success next year as we make the move into a different district. I for one, do not welcome the change, because of the talent that will be missed by not having the "BORO" teams coming into Warren County. I do wonder, We are in 3aaa, Shouldn't we strive to play the best in our class ? Thanks, again everyone !!! The "SWAMI" is signing out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the loss to Siegel, The Pioneer season has ended with a record of (2-25). I would like to thank, "Bulldozer, fullcount32, Nutnbutnet, Nitro, Sportsfan12, Mcthirty, Hoop, and every poster on this site, that took the time and made this year's thread a success. Hopefully, we will have more success next year as we make the move into a different district. I for one, do not welcome the change, because of the talent that will be missed by not having the "BORO" teams coming into Warren County. I do wonder, We are in 3aaa, Shouldn't we strive to play the best in our class ? Thanks, again everyone !!! The "SWAMI" is signing out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your right 14pioneer. We should strive to play the best. We used to handle our own back in the day and should now. Other teams used to know when they played W.C. they were in for a war! What has changed? We have almost 2,000 students in our high school. Alot of us that played back then have kids competing now. Do we not have talent anymore? I say we do. It's just we let our kids quit because of bull crap excuses. I've heard alot of the coaches use the "rural" thing and say we will be more competitive. We have always had pride and worked hard defending our home court or field. I know for sure we used to beat their butts in football. I've already heard about some boys quitting football because of this or that. Makes me sick! Grow some backbone guys! It's about "Pioneer Pride" and your teammates and classmates. If you want to make excuses about this coach or that coach, wait til you get a boss! I see boys coming to the games, even away games that should be playing and pointing fingers and laughing. Who is the better person, the one who quit or the one who continues to work their tales off trying to turn things around? I am very proud of my son and the rest of the "PIONEERS" that have stayed the course and fought til the very end! A petiton is going around that makes me sick also. It has a small part about the boys basketball team saying "The best boys basketball team plays on Saturdays in the Jaycee league". If you truely believe that, I can arrange a game and we will see. I'll take a bunch of young men like the ones we have fighting on Tuesdays and Fridays anyday over the boys that want to quit and make slures at the boys that are working their tyales off trying to get a "W". It is time for everybody in W.C. to take a look in the mirror and quit making excuses and be a part of the solution. That goes for the administration, school board, parents and the students @ WCHS.

I know that Warren County has had some success in the past (Many years ago). Football has been to the quarterfinals one time in schools history. The girls basketball team was the most successful with one state championship and several trips to the state tourney during 6 on 6 basketball. Baseball a state championship and another trip to the tourney. Golf state champs. But the reality is things are not the same. The state of Tennesee has changed drastically in the last 20 years. People are not migrating to the rural areas. They are moving into the cities and the suburbs. While Warren County does have 2,000 students so does every school in its district except White County. Should they beat DeKalb, Cannon, and Maybe White County. Yes. In boys basketball, they have had the 8th best TALENT in their district for about 5 years. Could they be a little more competitive. Probably.

As far as the Jaycee Basketball League. What a joke. I get tired of hearing stupid people give their opinion on things that they don't have a clue about. The reason they play in the Jaycee League is because they can't compete aywhere else. The thing they are usually best at is making excuses. "I would play except the coach don't like me, I would play but I had to get a job, I would play but I didn't have a ride home" when really it should be "I would play except I'm better at telling people how good I am than showing them." Give me a break.

OK, a coupla things: First of all, shut up about Jaycee freaking basketball. Anyone who has EVER played organized, high school basketball knows that any community league is a joke. Next, the classification thing. TSSAA decides on classification based strictly on enrollment. Then they divide the districts based on geography. We don't have a choice. The Boro has grown to the point they can pretty much have their own district, so we had to go elsewhere. Another thing, 8th best talent for 5 years, give me a break. You haven't seen some of these kids play. I can think of 7 or 8 people who had college level talent in the past six years. That's more than one a year. About 3 college (at some level) talent guys on each team. That's enough to win with. When you're knocking talent, you're knocking the kids. Do you really believe they are the only problem? Cookeville, White Co., Blackman, even Lebanon... none of them match up great on paper, but wear us out on the court. We've had some (not a lot, some) talent. None of them wanted to continue their career at the next level except 2. There's another problem that is a whole different issue....

OK, a coupla things: First of all, shut up about Jaycee freaking basketball. Anyone who has EVER played organized, high school basketball knows that any community league is a joke. Next, the classification thing. TSSAA decides on classification based strictly on enrollment. Then they divide the districts based on geography. We don't have a choice. The Boro has grown to the point they can pretty much have their own district, so we had to go elsewhere. Another thing, 8th best talent for 5 years, give me a break. You haven't seen some of these kids play. I can think of 7 or 8 people who had college level talent in the past six years. That's more than one a year. About 3 college (at some level) talent guys on each team. That's enough to win with. When you're knocking talent, you're knocking the kids. Do you really believe they are the only problem? Cookeville, White Co., Blackman, even Lebanon... none of them match up great on paper, but wear us out on the court. We've had some (not a lot, some) talent. None of them wanted to continue their career at the next level except 2. There's another problem that is a whole different issue....

I agree. There is some talent, but it is not being developed. Not just in basketball, but several sports. Some of the talent that's being wasted is because of work ethic on the players part and some because of other issues.

I have been reading this post all season and since i am from Tullahoma, you would have to question why i am even posting on the topic. But what the heck, why would any kid play for WC, i feel sorry for the kids, they get out there and work their butts off for what to here all the fans talking trash, bashing their team that they have worked hard to play for. How about trying to incourage the kids, stay off coacht unless you have something good to say about the kids. Your kids are working hard they make many sacrifices, you should be proud of them for what they do and listen too. If you dont like what is going on, go to the board and make changes!!! i will admit you need a few changes in the coaches, but dont do it at the expense of the kids.... do it the right way.....