HAMPTON,CLOUDLAND,UNAKA wont play ELIZABETHTON

FTBALLMANIA08

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cloudland is now pending and for Hampton go schedule West Greene and whom ever you want. You make excuses about us not playing you until the time comes. You have never called to play. 2 years ago we called wanting to play you in week 0 before Happy Valley was back on the schedule and the AD said no. Either you beleive me or make excuses because THE BIG DOG up there knows we did /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Two years ago, Unaka called Elizabethton trying to play Elizabethton. They said the would willingly play BOTH games at Elizabethton, with Unaka getting only 50% of the gate from one of the games... And Elizabethton said no... What goes around comes around I guess.

Hey all you NET posters;

Tell me a bit about Elizabethton. Sounds like we, CAK, have picked them up for 09. We're having to pickup 5 non-region games next year due to the new classifications. I know it is a pretty good drive and pretty country, but I really don't know much about Elizabethton's football program other than Jason Witten, whom I actually spoke with last week at the UT vs Wyoming game. Please give me some insight for 09. Thanks.

They are ok. Their defense is not any good but they can score. Onething to remember they are the best team in Carter County but that is not saying much. They are the only team in the county that can throw the ball and defend the pass a little. Cloudland and Happy Valley have learned that you can throw the ball in football. That will help them in the future.

Thanks for the input. Just a few more ?'s. What type of offense do they run? Pro set, Spread, Wing T, etc...? Are they a 4-3, 4-4, 3-5, 5-2, etc... defense. Are they big, fast, athletic? Were they Senior heavy this year or returning a lot of starters? What kind of season did they have this year? Any All-Conference type players? I know the coaches will trade film, but as fans we don't get much info. And the most important question, do they have good concessions? /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Thanks for the input. Just a few more ?'s. What type of offense do they run? Pro set, Spread, Wing T, etc...? Are they a 4-3, 4-4, 3-5, 5-2, etc... defense. Are they big, fast, athletic? Were they Senior heavy this year or returning a lot of starters? What kind of season did they have this year? Any All-Conference type players? I know the coaches will trade film, but as fans we don't get much info. And the most important question, do they have good concessions? /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

You will have your hands full 23 seniors returning 8th grade 8-1 9th 9-0 JV 9-1 beat DB SH

Elizabethton will be good. You can say you will run all over them but you probaly wont. They run a 3-5 defence. They were lucky enough to get into the playoffs and gave Greenville a game. Lineman are all big, They got 2 running backs that will be returning that are really good. And im sure some will get All-Conference awards.

But since im from HV we dont like them that much so go CAK Warriors /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Two years ago, Unaka called Elizabethton trying to play Elizabethton. They said the would willingly play BOTH games at Elizabethton, with Unaka getting only 50% of the gate from one of the games... And Elizabethton said no... What goes around comes around I guess.

they didnt want much of our baseball program the last coupla years either..