New Classifications/Districts

ruse?

I thought tssaa was trying to cut down driving distance.Dickson co. will have to make six trips to clarkville,one trip to henry co,one trip to springfield in all sports but football,you add that up in fuel and that going to be alot of money spent on transportation.Thanks tssaa you really thought this though.

Dickson Co. requested to be put in the Clarksville district, which made it easier for the TSSAA to accept Hillsboro's request to be put in the Williamson District. If you have a problem with it, you may need to talk to your AD and coaches.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dickson Co. requested to be put in the Clarksville district, which made it easier for the TSSAA to accept Hillsboro's request to be put in the Williamson District. If you have a problem with it, you may need to talk to your AD and coaches.

I read the same thing in the Tennessean as the paper interviewed the Assistant Principle at Dickson County wanting to play Clarksville area schools. With I-840 being completed, it would have been a quick drive to stay with Williamson County teams with the great game gate and concessions. The change gives Dickson County a chance to go to the playoffs every year as long as they go 1-9 with the lone victory against a hapless Rossview. It's like selling your sole to the devil...or worst, the TSSAA. Situations like this are pitiful??¦it makes the TSSAA playoff system a sham.

On the other hand, Hillsboro wanted to play tough schedule, great competition, and the extra money from gate and concessions will be positive to the Hillsboro school athletic pocketbook. With Maryville moving to 6A, I could see future possibility of 5A & 6A champions from the same Class 3A, District 11 in the same year. I haven't given this much thought but doesn't it seem strange that this type of event could happen in the same year? I guess it could resolve which Class is better at times...5A or 6A. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />