Smyrna vs. Oakland

SHSBaseballLaz

Wow has this thing slowed down the last few days. It started out like a California wild fire then it came screeching to a halt. I guess whoever the Oakland poster is who told the Oakland folks to stop posting. We'll let the results speak for themselves, has a lot of power there in the boro.

Also, I see the percentage of picks for this game has moved a bit in Smyrna direction. It was between 79% and 75% most of the week. Now since the Tennessean has picked Smyrna to win it 20-17, the picks start going Smyrna??™s way a bit.

Come on people, think for yourselves.

Wow, I??™m reaching with this post. Friday night can??™t get here soon enough.

Thank goodness there some good football on tonight because this board has gone dead.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Wilson and Hicks didnt play last year but they are about the only ones. Almost the whole defense is returning. I'll put it this way would you rather have the experience or none at all? I know it doesn't win the game but it sure helps.

8 Starter are returning from last year??™s defense.

3 (maybe 4) Starters are returning from last year??™s offence.

There you go.......they have experience, Now what?

The score is still 0-0 right now........no edge.

Good luck to Oakland supporters that have hung in there through the lean years 2p and others.

I wish Oakland no ill will and hope we have a very spirited, competitive,hard hitting,sportsmanlike game

----- where smyrna kicks the everloving crrp out of oakland /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

jk -- couldn't keep my sarcasm in check but truly good luck and whoever wins go get the gold ball.

As I said before, you can't discount that Smyrna has gotten this far the last 2 yrs and taken it the rest of the way. However, you have kids who have EXPERIENCED the hoopla of going farther in the playoffs, but if you really compare experienced players....the edge would have to go to Oakland. The majority of our team played last yr......yes I know we didn't go to the playoffs, but we have more starters from last yr returning than Smyrna does. In fact we have several of our defense that have started for THREE yrs. I call that battle-tested and experienced.

BTW, thanks Cat....it has been a rough road returning to this point at OHS, but I have been proud of each and every player that has ever put on the red, white, and blue for OHS. I have said it before....it takes more of a man to keep strapping it on when you are losing than when you are winning in my eyes. These seniors deserve the chance to take it all the way and I hope that we get the chance to do just that. Win or lose, these kids have started a new tradition at OHS and can actually walk down the halls with their heads up now. Just don't get too cocky......

Good luck to Smyrna too. Everyone seemed to cast yall off when Shad left you along with a ton of your coaches....and you PROVED them wrong. WAY TO GO, guys! Be proud of what you have accomplished.

well if oakland loses at least they well loses with class!

go oakland

What do you know about losing with class WC fan? And your right, If Oakland loses and I mean "IF", I'm sure you will not see posts like: That was the worst officiated game I've ever seen and If that ???call??? wasn't made it would have been a different game. (Even thou you could only drum up a safety and a 4th down broken TD play in 2 games.)

Have you notice that there has been no post on here where they are calling for a 24 or 31 point wins?

What a concept: Being realistic

Man, do you bring out the worst in me.

Wow has this thing slowed down the last few days. It started out like a California wild fire then it came screeching to a halt. I guess whoever the Oakland poster is who told the Oakland folks to stop posting. We'll let the results speak for themselves, has a lot of power there in the boro.

Also, I see the percentage of picks for this game has moved a bit in Smyrna direction. It was between 79% and 75% most of the week. Now since the Tennessean has picked Smyrna to win it 20-17, the picks start going Smyrna??™s way a bit.

Come on people, think for yourselves.

Wow, I??™m reaching with this post. Friday night can??™t get here soon enough.

Thank goodness there some good football on tonight because this board has gone dead.

Just an alum no power. We would rather do our talking on the field. Nothing we say on here holds any kind of water on the field and makes it feel like the game is far away rather then tommorow bc most oakland people have bought in to me saying "we'll do our talking on the field". Every newspaper in tennessee can pick smyrna over oakland but tomm night when the cowbells get ringin' , fans screaming, 2big teams coming head-2-head ... NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!

P.S dont believe any source even if its a newspaper that thinks Smyrna let alone any team will put up 20 on Freedom Field. ugh uh .... no way ... no how

What do you know about losing with class WC fan? And your right, If Oakland loses and I mean "IF", I'm sure you will not see posts like: That was the worst officiated game I've ever seen and If that ???call??? wasn't made it would have been a different game. (Even thou you could only drum up a safety and a 4th down broken TD play in 2 games.)

Have you notice that there has been no post on here where they are calling for a 24 or 31 point wins?

What a concept: Being realistic

Man, do you bring out the worst in me.

WC FANS WHO POSTED ON HERE FOR THEIR TEAMS JUST POSTED BEING BIAS(NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT). MOST WERENT MAKING ANY SENSE AND WANTED TO DO MORE JAWING THEN TALKING ABOUT THE GAME. SMYRNA HAS CLASS AND SO DOES OAKLAND THATS WHY WE RESPECT WHAT THEY'VE ACCOMPLISHED THUS FAR AND VICE VERSA.

BIGGGGGGGGGG "IF"

Yes Wilson and Hicks didnt play last year but they are about the only ones. Almost the whole defense is returning. I'll put it this way would you rather have the experience or none at all? I know it doesn't win the game but it sure helps.

YES THEY HAVE EXPERIENCE AND THAT DOES COUNT BUT THERES NO EDGE OVER OAKLAND AT ALL IN THAT ASPECT. WE ARE AS READY IF NOT MORE PREPARED THEN SMYRNA. THERE IS NO PRESSURE ON US(THANK GOD WE LOST TO LEBANON AND WENT THRU A LOSS ALREADY) TO WIN. WE HAVENT WON IT BACK TO BACK AND ARE BEING CONSIDERED AS A DYNASTY PROGRAM(3-PEAT CHAMPIONSHIP). YET WE ARE HUNGRY! NONE OF THE PAST MATTERS NOW. 4 OT LOSS DOESNT MATTER AND SMYRNA WINNING 6/7 DOESNT MATTER REALLY(BC OHS DID THE SAME THING) OR US WORRYING IF THE WOODS KID WOULD PLAY OR NOT. WE PREPARED FOR IT ALL TODAY(I WATCHED) AND ITS EITHER PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

LETS JUST TRY TO GO 1-0 FRIDAY NIGHT. NOT 12-1 AND MOST CERTAINLY NOT 11-2. LET'S JUST GO 1-0 !