Smyrna vs. Oakland

SHSBaseballLaz

Okay I am gonna just make it simple for everyone about the future, and right now about Smyrna. Also why they are going to win tonight.

Smyrna's Freshmen/Youth in the program:

QB - 2 Young QB's, one coming back from this year who was injured all season. He is a dual threat QB. Varsity experiance again Brentwood Academy when Sonny went down in 07.

13 (soph) - Starting now, DOESNT turn the ball over, hasn't but 1 time in the past 3-4 games I believe. He is very solid, some-what of a dual threat QB. Not naturally a QB.

14 (soph) - Backup now, solid QB, strong arm, naturally a QB.

RB's -

#5 (Bryson) soph - VERY quick, elusive, low to the ground runner with a good stiff arm, we all know what he can do off watching him in the State Championship in 07

#6 (Hicks) Senior - Powerful runner with break-away speed, has had multiple TD runs by RUNNING OVER opposing Linebackers, meaning he usually gets to the 2nd level of the defense because of his size and strength.

#2 (Brown) Jr - Quick, athletic, strong, going to split time next year, you may see some runs with him if either of the RB's go down. Proven runner on Varsity level.

WR's -

#8 Hager - Great athlete, great hands, great hops. Overall he is a great WR however doesn't like to go across the middle. (Also a b-ball player)

#9 Martin - Great athlete again, great hands, great hops. Has had some snags this season, pretty dependable. (Also a B-ball player)

#21 (Gage) - Elusive to say the least, lots of screens will be run to him where he can cut up field.

#4 Andrew Jenkins - Great hands, just a possession WR that is go-to in clutch times come 4WR sets.

D-Line - O-Line

Eady, Woods, Richardson, Cadena, would all START in every high school program in the state on one of the line at least. Also some young freshmen and sophomores that are getting better with the PT collected when switching in and out of games.

LB/SS

Full of HYBRID athletes who will hit. Hybrid meaning they are not TRUE LBs and SSs. Due to the defense the Bulldogs run a lot of guys are suited in positions that better suit there attributes.

For instance #10 is a SS that plays as the OLB pretty much, but is more of a CB/S but hits like a LB.

Also #45 who is very quick and a fast hitter, this defense is full of ATHLETES who love to HIT. That is all you need to know.

As for the game, Smyrna is hitting on all cylinders, offense, defense, special teams (Outside of Yoder's punts). Oakland is a great team, however I doubt they will complete more than 5 passes in this game. I do not think that they will move the ball very effectively. The Oakland defense is great, however they have not faced a RB tandum like this as well as a QB that can move the ball down the field with his arm. Last time Oakland played Smyrna it was more like Oakland vs Bryson. This week you'll see a lot more. I believe my Bulldogs will hang up atleast 21 on these Patriots.

No disrespect, but Oakland is not used to being here as of late, and its time they go back to where they belong, in the stands watching.

Smyrna - 24

Oakland - 10

Oakland on an early TD, held to a FG for the rest of the game.

Smyrna with 1 Special Teams TD, and 2 Rushing TD's. Maybe a Play Action pass to Richardson (15).

Goodluck and be safe to everyone going to this game.

Man all this talent, I just dont know how lil ole Oakland can compete.................

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are two very good posts with a lot of reasoning behind your ideas. I would like to rebut just a bit here.

Let's not forget, while Smyrna's O has shown vast improvement. They have not faced a D like Oakland since they played them last. Let us also remember that Oakland's O has improved as well. They too have developed an effective passing game and it will loosen up Smyrna's D as well.

As dominate as the Smyrna D has been, it has holes. I am very surprised that more teams have not figured it out and exploded them. I will not get into them on here but they are there. If Oakland finds those holes, it could be a long night for the Bulldogs and their supporters.

With that said I think Smyrna will find a way to get things done Friday night and get another playoff win for Smyrna??™s Football program.

WOW is it only Monday? Friday night can??™t come soon enough.

Thats because Bball is INSIDE and the Fire Marshall sets capacity limits. On OUTSIDE events it can be standing room only and then they will still sell tickets. The biggest restraint will be like every school has and that is LACK of parking!

So R'dale is 'rumored' to be losing three more eh? I am surprised that number is that low! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I can't wait to see who we will be playing for out of district games next year. My early guess is the Tn School for the Blind and some GIRLS school for two 'MAYBE' wins!

[/quote

LOD ya'll can join the new district with Coffee County....you should be able to finish 3rd or 4th. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Okay I am gonna just make it simple for everyone about the future, and right now about Smyrna. Also why they are going to win tonight.

Smyrna's Freshmen/Youth in the program:

QB - 2 Young QB's, one coming back from this year who was injured all season. He is a dual threat QB. Varsity experiance again Brentwood Academy when Sonny went down in 07.

13 (soph) - Starting now, DOESNT turn the ball over, hasn't but 1 time in the past 3-4 games I believe. He is very solid, some-what of a dual threat QB. Not naturally a QB.

14 (soph) - Backup now, solid QB, strong arm, naturally a QB.

RB's -

#5 (Bryson) soph - VERY quick, elusive, low to the ground runner with a good stiff arm, we all know what he can do off watching him in the State Championship in 07

#6 (Hicks) Senior - Powerful runner with break-away speed, has had multiple TD runs by RUNNING OVER opposing Linebackers, meaning he usually gets to the 2nd level of the defense because of his size and strength.

#2 (Brown) Jr - Quick, athletic, strong, going to split time next year, you may see some runs with him if either of the RB's go down. Proven runner on Varsity level.

WR's -

#8 Hager - Great athlete, great hands, great hops. Overall he is a great WR however doesn't like to go across the middle. (Also a b-ball player)

#9 Martin - Great athlete again, great hands, great hops. Has had some snags this season, pretty dependable. (Also a B-ball player)

#21 (Gage) - Elusive to say the least, lots of screens will be run to him where he can cut up field.

#4 Andrew Jenkins - Great hands, just a possession WR that is go-to in clutch times come 4WR sets.

D-Line - O-Line

Eady, Woods, Richardson, Cadena, would all START in every high school program in the state on one of the line at least. Also some young freshmen and sophomores that are getting better with the PT collected when switching in and out of games.

LB/SS

Full of HYBRID athletes who will hit. Hybrid meaning they are not TRUE LBs and SSs. Due to the defense the Bulldogs run a lot of guys are suited in positions that better suit there attributes.

For instance #10 is a SS that plays as the OLB pretty much, but is more of a CB/S but hits like a LB.

Also #45 who is very quick and a fast hitter, this defense is full of ATHLETES who love to HIT. That is all you need to know.

As for the game, Smyrna is hitting on all cylinders, offense, defense, special teams (Outside of Yoder's punts). Oakland is a great team, however I doubt they will complete more than 5 passes in this game. I do not think that they will move the ball very effectively. The Oakland defense is great, however they have not faced a RB tandum like this as well as a QB that can move the ball down the field with his arm. Last time Oakland played Smyrna it was more like Oakland vs Bryson. This week you'll see a lot more. I believe my Bulldogs will hang up atleast 21 on these Patriots.

No disrespect, but Oakland is not used to being here as of late, and its time they go back to where they belong, in the stands watching.

Smyrna - 24

Oakland - 10

Oakland on an early TD, held to a FG for the rest of the game.

Smyrna with 1 Special Teams TD, and 2 Rushing TD's. Maybe a Play Action pass to Richardson (15).

Goodluck and be safe to everyone going to this game.

1st-The game is friday not tonight. Tonight the Browns play the Bills ...

2nd-You're speaking as tho Oakland is inferior to Smyrna. Smyrna has alot of talent everywhere but so does Oakland.Our quarterbacks are young also and the starter has really just found his groove again after his injury. When the starter went out the backup came in and managed the game to keep us undefeated. I havent seen many quarterbacks in this region throw with accuracy on the run and off of their back foot like our starter has. Even when you pressure him he's smart enough and fast enough to scramble and throw or run for a first down. He's not a pocket quarterback in my opinion and even when the play is dead he makes time for his receivers to come back to the ball.

3rd-No doubt Bryson,Hicks,and Brown are great but Oaklands run game is unlike anyone probably in the STATE! Precious Valentine and Sam Bass are just as good if not better then Hicks and Bryson. As for brown... well he's no comparison to T.Mayberry or big Dre Frazier.

4th- Wide receivers eh! Chris Johnson stands 6'4 and smyrnas secondary probably avg 5'9 so you do the math. The holes are smyrnas secondary and if they wanna play bump and run then its going to be a long night for them. But Chris isnt all we have. 6'3 Will Walker is also catching the lob passes and 6'4 Blissard will be coming in. Thats just the tall guys. #7 and #9 are our big linebacker and DL and they both play tight end and NEVER have dropped a ball all year! wait! lets not forget about the short but quick guys. #25 is a short little guy and u wudnt think he's anything but think of him as a wes welker kinda receiver. #20 Buddy Mitchell is short but very strong. He's quick and runs great routes. Last but not least theres #1 Chanz Boyd. Imean the kid runs a 4.4 and is just now trying to get in a groove from his ankle sprain. He led along with Johnson in THIS region with ypc and yac.

5th- DL? you've gotta be kidding me! Tim Mcadoo is a Mr.Football candidate as a junior and as of late has been eating offenses for dinner so im sure bulldogs is on his menu for friday night. #78 hasnt got much pub but avg about 2sacks and 8 tackles a game. Also he's lined up right next to Mcadoo so pick your poison. #67,#83,#9, and also big RICO have been tallying up the sacks/tackles up as of late. Smyrnas dl could back up ours but they wont start over anyone we have thats why our defense is 2nd in 5-a among opp ppg and smyrna is in the top 15.

6th-our OL IS VERY GOOD! i dont think we have given up a sack in playoffs at all and 3-4 of our DL PLAY BOTH SIDES.

7th- our linebackers are just as good if not better then smyrnas. can u please give us some credit somewhere geez!

finally it will be a cold day in heck before smyrna scores 24 points on oakland in our house!

oakland 13

smyrna 10

I think Rico Summers and Austin Murray could be the most under-rated linemen in the region. Rico is a hard worker and is surprisingly quick. With such a low center of gravity, he can be a force . Austin was such a pleasant surprise last year and he has only gotten better.

As for 3 Riverdale transfers? I hate that kind of stuff. Stick with your own dang team. Anyone that bails because they lose one season ....well that whispers of a lack of character to me. Then there comes the R word rearing its ugly head. Hope this is just rumors and not fact. I don't like this kind of stuff at any school, but ESPECIALLY not MINE!

ozone......we have some great backs, but no one has proven themselves more than Jeremiah Bryson has done.

I think Rico Summers and Austin Murray could be the most under-rated linemen in the region. Rico is a hard worker and is surprisingly quick. With such a low center of gravity, he can be a force .

As for 3 Riverdale transfers? I hate that kind of stuff. Stick with your own dang team. Anyone that bails because they lose one season ....well that whispers of a lack of character to me. Then there comes the R word rearing its ugly head. Hope this is just rumors and not fact. I don't like this kind of stuff at any school, but ESPECIALLY not MINE!

amen!

hey ozone.....so you played bball for OHS? I am sure that I witnessed your play then as I was present at the majority of all the OHS games the last few years. What does this yr's team have in store for us? Those Siegel games were absolutely WILD!! No way we get the crowd like we did for the 98 OHS/RHs football game. No way....no how.

Did you play football as well?

hey ozone.....so you played bball for OHS? I am sure that I witnessed your play then as I was present at the majority of all the OHS games the last few years. What does this yr's team have in store for us? Those Siegel games were absolutely WILD!! No way we get the crowd like we did for the 98 OHS/RHs football game. No way....no how.

Did you play football as well?

i havent gotten a chance to check them out yet. i just got back in town from taking a year off from college basketball. word is they are state bound but us alumni are wanting to get a scrimmage in with them before it all gets going. siegel vs ohs games are unlike anything ive experienced and thats why i love goood ol oakland. 20,000 cant fit in either gym but WE WILL TRY!!!!

im sure uve witnessed my play. i led ohs to back to back sub-state births before i went off to prep-school!

No football. strait up and down basketball! at that time the fball team wasnt so great and i had the best coach(arguably) in the state. last thing king wanted was me playing football