Smyrna vs. Oakland

SHSBaseballLaz

t3a cups is exactly right, what do you not understand about his quote? All of the players that were on the team last year already know the best way to prepare mentally and physically. Neither of us said that experience wins the game it just helps.

What I don't understand is how "Experience" has ever put a point on the scoreboard or made 1 tackle or 1 block in a game. From what I know about football, that how you get wins.

OK............so using your argument only a handful of the Smyrna team will be prepared to play in this game. Wilson.........the QB and Hicks........the RB (who will most likely get the majority of the carries) and several other key players, will be wetting their pants with fear, not properly prepared for this moment?

The experience argument is just silly. Both teams will be ready for this game and both teams will battle their butts off. The experience thing will be irrelevant after the first 2 minuets in the game, if it??™s any factor at all.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I clearly wasn't saying we were gonna win State because we had 2 years before, I said the experience HELPS. Because it does, as an athlete when you find yourself in the same situation you know how to react to things, you know how to prepare yourself to do the best you can. If you haven't been there, you don't prepare the same, you don't react the same..its proven again and again in every athletic competition out there...Thats all I'm saying.

If you wanna crown them, then crown them.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yall won the first one after never making it past Riverdale........so how do you argue the experience card?

Yall won the first one after never making it past Riverdale........so how do you argue the experience card?

AHHHHHH 2P U DIDNT GET THE MEMO DID YOU?

LET THESE GUYS ARGUE ABOUT WHO'S RIGHT AND WRONG. PERSONALLY ONLY ONE IS RIGHT AND PAYING HOMAGE TO OHS(WHO ALREADY WON AGAINST SMYRNA)WHILE THE OTHER IS SO BIAS AND ONE SIDED IT'S

CRAZY!

ONLY 1 SMART PERSON HAS SAID OAKLAND DOES HAVE THE COACHING STAFF THATS BEEN THERE DONE THAT

AND WHO BETTER TO GET OAKLAND READY THEN COACHES WHO HAVE BEEN THERE DONE THAT. SOMEONE SAID

COOKEVILLE WOULD BE OUR MOST DISCIPLINED TEAM THUS FAR BUT NOW THATS SMYRNA. IM SURE THEIR COACHING STAFF HAS THEM READY ALSO BC WHAT? THEY'VE BEEN THERE DONE THAT AND FOR THE PLAYERS WHO HAVE BEEN IN BIG GAMES LIKE THIS IM SURE THEY HAVE EVERY PLAYER ON THAT ROSTER FOCUSED FOR FRIDAY NIGHT. THIS GAME IS EVEN ALL THE WAY DOWN THE LINE IN EVERY CATEGORY.

I THOUGHT ABOUT THIS AND IF ANYONE HAS SEEN THE MOVIE WHERE TOM CRUISE PLAYS A FOOTBALL PLAYER IN HIGH SCHOOL IT REMINDS U OF OHS VS SMYRNA. GAME WAS EVEN DOWN TO THE LAST SECOND. ONE TEAM MADE A GOAL LINE STAND AT THE 1 AND AFTER TURNOVER ON DOWNS WITH 4 SEC LEFT FUMBLED IN THE ENDZONE ON THEIR FIRST PLAY.

MY POINT IS.... NO TEAM HAS AN EDGE IN ANYTHING. THIS GAME WILL COME DOWN TO THE LAST SECOND OR LAST DRIVE. IT COULD BE A GOAL LINE STAND, A FIELD GOAL, OR PICK-6 THAT WINS THIS GAME FOR EITHER TEAM.

GOODLUCK TO BOTH TEAMS.. IF ONLY IT WAS FRIDAY NIGHT TONIGHT INSTEAD OF WEDNESDAY!!! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

AHHHHHH 2P U DIDNT GET THE MEMO DID YOU?

LET THESE GUYS ARGUE ABOUT WHO'S RIGHT AND WRONG. PERSONALLY ONLY ONE IS RIGHT AND PAYING HOMAGE TO OHS(WHO ALREADY WON AGAINST SMYRNA)WHILE THE OTHER IS SO BIAS AND ONE SIDED IT'S

CRAZY!

ONLY 1 SMART PERSON HAS SAID OAKLAND DOES HAVE THE COACHING STAFF THATS BEEN THERE DONE THAT

AND WHO BETTER TO GET OAKLAND READY THEN COACHES WHO HAVE BEEN THERE DONE THAT. SOMEONE SAID

COOKEVILLE WOULD BE OUR MOST DISCIPLINED TEAM THUS FAR BUT NOW THATS SMYRNA. IM SURE THEIR COACHING STAFF HAS THEM READY ALSO BC WHAT? THEY'VE BEEN THERE DONE THAT AND FOR THE PLAYERS WHO HAVE BEEN IN BIG GAMES LIKE THIS IM SURE THEY HAVE EVERY PLAYER ON THAT ROSTER FOCUSED FOR FRIDAY NIGHT. THIS GAME IS EVEN ALL THE WAY DOWN THE LINE IN EVERY CATEGORY.

I THOUGHT ABOUT THIS AND IF ANYONE HAS SEEN THE MOVIE WHERE TOM CRUISE PLAYS A FOOTBALL PLAYER IN HIGH SCHOOL IT REMINDS U OF OHS VS SMYRNA. GAME WAS EVEN DOWN TO THE LAST SECOND. ONE TEAM MADE A GOAL LINE STAND AT THE 1 AND AFTER TURNOVER ON DOWNS WITH 4 SEC LEFT FUMBLED IN THE ENDZONE ON THEIR FIRST PLAY.

MY POINT IS.... NO TEAM HAS AN EDGE IN ANYTHING. THIS GAME WILL COME DOWN TO THE LAST SECOND OR LAST DRIVE. IT COULD BE A GOAL LINE STAND, A FIELD GOAL, OR PICK-6 THAT WINS THIS GAME FOR EITHER TEAM.

GOODLUCK TO BOTH TEAMS.. IF ONLY IT WAS FRIDAY NIGHT TONIGHT INSTEAD OF WEDNESDAY!!! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

AHHHHHHHH............I hope you are not taking my comments as, I feel Oakland will beat Smyrna and I feel Smyrna has no chance in this game. I don't think you are but I want to make it very clear. I feel it will be a extremely close game and the teams will leave it all on the field but I think Smyrna will find a way to pull this one out.

I'm just not of the belief that Smyrna's 2 State Championships and this "Experience" issue has any validity in Friday nights game.

My Support for Smyrna is strong and I believe they have a very good chance to do something great Friday Night and beyond.

That, I want to be crystal clear on.

AHHHHHHHH............I hope you are not taking my comments as, I feel Oakland will beat Smyrna and I feel Smyrna has no chance in this game. I don't think you are but I want to make it very clear. I feel it will be a extremely close game and the teams will leave it all on the field but I think Smyrna will find a way to pull this one out.

I'm just not of the belief that Smyrna's 2 State Championships and this "Experience" issue has any validity in Friday nights game.

My Support for Smyrna is strong and I believe they have a very good chance to do something great Friday Night and beyond.

That, I want to be crystal clear on.

OH I KNOW YOU'RE A SMYRNA SUPPORTER IM JUST SAYING U AREN'T TAKING ANYTHING AWAY FROM OAKLAND.

The Bulldogs and the Patriots will be making their final preparations this afternoon in practice. I hope they both come out with their ???A??? games.

I will be a clear and cold night, great football weather. Bring the blankets and ware the longjohns??¦??¦??¦.come early and settle in for a hard hitting??¦??¦..physical??¦??¦..athletic football game.

Good luck Bulldogs

And remember:

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

And my favorite:

???Well done is better than well said.???

The Bulldogs and the Patriots will be making their final preparations this afternoon in practice. I hope they both come out with their ???A??? games.

I will be a clear and cold night, great football weather. Bring the blankets and ware the longjohns??¦??¦??¦.come early and settle in for a hard hitting??¦??¦..physical??¦??¦..athletic football game.

Good luck Bulldogs

And remember:

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

And my favorite:

???Well done is better than well said.???

well the pats have the opportunity to beat the bulldogs 2 times in the same year and will get it done tomorrow go out there and hit em in the mouth and make em like it go pats!!

How can you honestly say that experience plays no factor in this game... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Good luck to both teams, I'll be back after the game win or lose giving credit to both teams no matter what.

And when you find a post from me that says 'Smyrna will win because they're back to back champs' I'll buy you dinner wherever you want, back to back nights.

How can you honestly say that experience plays no factor in this game... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Good luck to both teams, I'll be back after the game win or lose giving credit to both teams no matter what.

And when you find a post from me that says 'Smyrna will win because they're back to back champs' I'll buy you dinner wherever you want, back to back nights.

I can say that because it is a fact that "experience" will not put 1 point on the board tomorrow night.

Dinner would be nice but it was not you that made that comment. But it is you who feels ???experience??? is what gives Smyrna the edge in this game; I feel it is not a factor.

I'm not going back to that argument again. You have you beliefs and I have mine.

I hope you enjoy the ball game tomorrow. I know I will.

What I don't understand is how "Experience" has ever put a point on the scoreboard or made 1 tackle or 1 block in a game. From what I know about football, that how you get wins.

OK............so using your argument only a handful of the Smyrna team will be prepared to play in this game. Wilson.........the QB and Hicks........the RB (who will most likely get the majority of the carries) and several other key players, will be wetting their pants with fear, not properly prepared for this moment?

The experience argument is just silly. Both teams will be ready for this game and both teams will battle their butts off. The experience thing will be irrelevant after the first 2 minuets in the game, if it??™s any factor at all.

Yes Wilson and Hicks didnt play last year but they are about the only ones. Almost the whole defense is returning. I'll put it this way would you rather have the experience or none at all? I know it doesn't win the game but it sure helps.