Smyrna vs. Oakland

SHSBaseballLaz

This game is goin to come down to experience and momentum. Smyrna obviously have the experience since they have 2 state championships and Oakland didn't even make the playoffs. And momentum, Smyrns is playing like the last 2 state champs so watch out. Also Smyrna is out for revenge. Should be a great game but i gotta take Smyrna by more than 10 points.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is goin to come down to experience and momentum. Smyrna obviously have the experience since they have 2 state championships and Oakland didn't even make the playoffs. And momentum, Smyrns is playing like the last 2 state champs so watch out. Also Smyrna is out for revenge. Should be a great game but i gotta take Smyrna by more than 10 points.

I don't know how many times I need to say this but the Back to Back State Championships is in the past and do nothing for these Bulldogs right now. I don't think we as supporters need to focus on what has happen and worry about this Friday. That is what is important right now.

I hate this because it sounds as if I??™m down playing the last 2 years??¦??¦..I am not??¦??¦I can be no prouder to call myself a Bulldog and those were great years.

But they do nothing for this team and what they can accomplish IN THE NEAR FUTURE. If they go into this game thinking ???we??™re the champs and no one can take that away from us.??? It will get taken away.

I don??™t think Coach Williams will let that happen. He has done a nice job keeping this team grounded this year. (The BAD start helped with that as well)

I??™m sorry if this upsets any Bulldog faithful but I feel it needs to be said.

Go Dogs!!!

I don't know how many times I need to say this but the Back to Back State Championships is in the past and do nothing for these Bulldogs right now. I don't think we as supporters need to focus on what has happen and worry about this Friday. That is what is important right now.

I hate this because it sounds as if I??™m down playing the last 2 years??¦??¦..I am not??¦??¦I can be no prouder to call myself a Bulldog and those were great years.

But they do nothing for this team and what they can accomplish IN THE NEAR FUTURE. If they go into this game thinking ???we??™re the champs and no one can take that away from us.??? It will get taken away.

I don??™t think Coach Williams will let that happen. He has done a nice job keeping this team grounded this year. (The BAD start helped with that as well)

Go Dogs!!!

I DONT THINK ANY OF US COULD HAVE SAID IT ANY BETTER.

WITH EACH POST I READ OAKLAND SOUNDS MORE AND MORE LIKE THE UNDERDOG. I KEEP READING THAT SMYRNA HAS WON 6 OF 7(as if oakland hasnt done the same), DL IS MORE TUFF(as if ours are getting tackles by sheeeear luck),AND SMYRNAS OFFENSE JUST HAS TOOOOOO MUCH TALENT FOR OUR DEFENSE. OH YEA AND WE WILL LOOSE BY DOUBLE-DIGITS. MAN I GUESS WE JUST HAVE NO SHOT /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

ATTTENTION ALLL OHS POSTERS !!! DO NOT POST ANYMORE BC WE ARE GOING TO DO ALL OF OUR TALKING ON THE FIELD FRIDAY NIGHT! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

I DONT THINK ANY OF US COULD HAVE SAID IT ANY BETTER.

WITH EACH POST I READ OAKLAND SOUNDS MORE AND MORE LIKE THE UNDERDOG. I KEEP READING THAT SMYRNA HAS WON 6 OF 7(as if oakland hasnt done the same), DL IS MORE TUFF(as if ours are getting tackles by sheeeear luck),AND SMYRNAS OFFENSE JUST HAS TOOOOOO MUCH TALENT FOR OUR DEFENSE. OH YEA AND WE WILL LOOSE BY DOUBLE-DIGITS. MAN I GUESS WE JUST HAVE NO SHOT /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

ATTTENTION ALLL OHS POSTERS !!! DO NOT POST ANYMORE BC WE ARE GOING TO DO ALL OF OUR TALKING ON THE FIELD FRIDAY NIGHT! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

I always have to laugh around this time of the year. Everyone is throwing up records and how their team wants it more...and it always comes back as the other team is being cocky or classless. REMEMBER FOLKS... it's okay to think your team is going to win. If you didn't think they had a chance, why bother playing the game?

Also... it doesn't matter what your record was before playoffs....both teams are now 2-0... So that said... I think both teams have a chance to win based on that record... but you know who I'm pulling for. 2 is sweet, 3 would be sweeter.

Go Dogs!!!

Actually yes the last two state championships do, do something for this team. While almost all of Smyrna's starters have played in a game with this much on the line, no of Oakland's players have even played in a playoff game until this year. So this is unchartered ground for them. Yes both teams are excellent football teams but Smyrna has something Oakland doesn't have and thats experience. You can't say experience doesn't count for anything.

Actually yes the last two state championships do, do something for this team. While almost all of Smyrna's starters have played in a game with this much on the line, no of Oakland's players have even played in a playoff game until this year. So this is unchartered ground for them. Yes both teams are excellent football teams but Smyrna has something Oakland doesn't have and thats experience. You can't say experience doesn't count for anything.

Almost all of the starters have played in this type of game?

The correct comment would have been a few of them. I would say not even half of them have played and only a few of them have started in a game like this. But how will that make a tackle..........or make a block..........or catch the ball.........or hit the hole? Do you get my point?

They still need to execute and experience alone, won't do that.

Saying "We're The Champs" will not win Smyrna the game and come Friday night, it mean nothing as to the outcome of THIS game.

Almost all of the starters have played in this type of game?

The correct comment would have been a few of them. I would say not even half of them have played and only a few of them have started in a game like this. But how will that make a tackle..........or make a block..........or catch the ball.........or hit the hole? Do you get my point?

They still need to execute and experience alone, won't do that.

Saying "We're The Champs" will not win Smyrna the game and come Friday night, it mean nothing as to the outcome of THIS game.

Not trying to start anything, but my friend smyrna=statechamps06 does have a valid point in that a lot of the starters this year got experience in late games in the past 2 years. We both know the players personally seeing/talking to them everyday, they pretty much all have play off experience. I could name off players that played last year and saw significant PT if you would like? But believe me, the experience they got from the past 2-3 years has really paid off. The Bulldogs know what it takes to win state, they know how to prepare, and they are anxious to get on the field.

Not trying to start anything, but my friend smyrna=statechamps06 does have a valid point in that a lot of the starters this year got experience in late games in the past 2 years. We both know the players personally seeing/talking to them everyday, they pretty much all have play off experience. I could name off players that played last year and saw significant PT if you would like? But believe me, the experience they got from the past 2-3 years has really paid off. The Bulldogs know what it takes to win state, they know how to prepare, and they are anxious to get on the field.

I can name them too. My point is, this game is what??™s important and the experience it just that, experience. It will not win this game for them Friday. I??™m sure the coaches and players understand that.

What will win the game for them is to play within themselves and not try to be who they are not. Stay with what has been working for them the last half of the season.

They got here by playing physical, passionate, fast football............not because they are the Champs.

You do not become a champion in the future because you were a Champion in the past. It doesn??™t work that way.

Live in the now??¦??¦??¦Win now??¦??¦..The past is the past??¦??¦??¦control what you can control

I clearly wasn't saying we were gonna win State because we had 2 years before, I said the experience HELPS. Because it does, as an athlete when you find yourself in the same situation you know how to react to things, you know how to prepare yourself to do the best you can. If you haven't been there, you don't prepare the same, you don't react the same..its proven again and again in every athletic competition out there...Thats all I'm saying.

If you wanna crown them, then crown them.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I clearly wasn't saying we were gonna win State because we had 2 years before, I said the experience HELPS. Because it does, as an athlete when you find yourself in the same situation you know how to react to things, you know how to prepare yourself to do the best you can. If you haven't been there, you don't prepare the same, you don't react the same..its proven again and again in every athletic competition out there...Thats all I'm saying.

If you wanna crown them, then crown them.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

What in "all that is good in the world" are you talking about? There are posts on here where they have written:

"We will win because we are the BACK TO BACK STATE CHAMPS!!!!"

and you wrote??? No disrespect, but Oakland is not used to being here as of late, and its time they go back to where they belong, in the stands watching.???

???Smyrna obviously has the experience since they have 2 state championships and Oakland didn't even make the playoffs.???

???Also Smyrna is out for revenge.???

???While almost all of Smyrna's starters have played in a game with this much on the line, no of Oakland's players have even played in a playoff game until this year. So this is un chartered ground for them.???

If you read the above quotes, what is the common theme? They are all in past tense. They are not relevant to Friday night??™s game. Smyrna is not out for Revenge, they want to win THIS game so they can move forward THIS YEAR!

And this comment you made makes no sense:

???If you haven't been there, you don't prepare the same, you don't react the same..its proven again and again in every athletic competition out there...Thats all I'm saying.???

So, your thinking, if you??™ve never been in these situations, you're not properly prepared?

Think about that my friend, Smyrna never won a State Championship until they won their first one.

I think both of you guys are half right.

Experience does play a factor into the preparation and confidence factor, but it also doesn't make you block or tackle any better. While the last two years have proved to be invaluable experience in dealing with playoff pressure and knowing what kind of atmosphere to expect, it doesn't mean they will be able to block McAdoo or tackle any of their backs any better.

You can look at the 2 championship games to see both sides of this. Two years ago Ravenwood was the favorite and was expected to win just because "they won it the previous year" and they "had been there before". Smyrna came out and took care of business.

Then last year Independence showed their inexperience in the first half. They came out and had that "deer in the headlights" look and got down by a bunch early.

The experience thing only goes so far. I think all would agree they would rather have the experience than not, but it does not guarantee anything.

I don't think Oakland will get caught up in lacking experience, because they can point to the experience of already beating Smyrna this year. I think the experience factor only comes into play in unfamiliar settings...ie the Championship game on the turf, or playing an unfamiliar team in the Semi's. That is when experience or the lack of experience comes into play.

This game will come down to who makes fewer mistakes, who blocks better, and who tackles better....simple as that.

What in "all that is good in the world" are you talking about? There are posts on here where they have written:

"We will win because we are the BACK TO BACK STATE CHAMPS!!!!"

and you wrote??? No disrespect, but Oakland is not used to being here as of late, and its time they go back to where they belong, in the stands watching.???

???Smyrna obviously has the experience since they have 2 state championships and Oakland didn't even make the playoffs.???

???Also Smyrna is out for revenge.???

???While almost all of Smyrna's starters have played in a game with this much on the line, no of Oakland's players have even played in a playoff game until this year. So this is un chartered ground for them.???

If you read the above quotes, what is the common theme? They are all in past tense. They are not relevant to Friday night??™s game. Smyrna is not out for Revenge, they want to win THIS game so they can move forward THIS YEAR!

And this comment you made makes no sense:

???If you haven't been there, you don't prepare the same, you don't react the same..its proven again and again in every athletic competition out there...Thats all I'm saying.???

So, your thinking, if you??™ve never been in these situations, you're not properly prepared?

Think about that my friend, Smyrna never won a State Championship until they won their first one.

t3a cups is exactly right, what do you not understand about his quote? All of the players that were on the team last year already know the best way to prepare mentally and physically. Neither of us said that experience wins the game it just helps.