Smyrna vs. Oakland

SHSBaseballLaz

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it does indeed alternate.

I think it alternates every two years .In 06 Ootlewuh came here and 07 Bearden traveled here.

I still remember being on the field after the Bearden game and seeing several Bearden players

in tears an even throwing up because they had played so hard all season and it

was all over in a matter of 60 minutes. Its a shame that no mattter how hard you

work and sacrifice there still can be only one winner...

To seinors on both teams thank you and , " remember the good times " !!!

Oakland by 14? Ok we almost beat you guys I think you all got reallll lucky; it took 4 OTs to kill the Dawgs in the regular season. Imagine how long it'll take in the playoffs. Close game either way.

Oakland basically spotted Smyrna 4 points with their two safety's they gave up. If they play at the top of their game, I don't think this one will be as hard a win for them.

If I recall correctly, in their last meeting, Oakland was the only team to score a touchdown in regulation. Smyrna got to 7 with a field goal and 2 safeties and never saw the endzone until OT. I realize both teams have made adjustments since that time but these posters that truly seem to believe Smyrna will put up 20 points or more against that tough Oakland D have got to be crazy!

I think it alternates every two years .In 06 Ootlewuh came here and 07 Bearden traveled here.

I still remember being on the field after the Bearden game and seeing several Bearden players

in tears an even throwing up because they had played so hard all season and it

was all over in a matter of 60 minutes. Its a shame that no mattter how hard you

work and sacrifice there still can be only one winner...

To seinors on both teams thank you and , " remember the good times " !!!

It alternates every year. I am not sure of the reason, but the TSSAA changed the brackets mid-year last year. It was a wierd deal, and I can remember the teams from the East griping which was justified. You will never see a team host a semi-final game two years in a row.

Whoever wins tonight will have to gas the bus up and get ready for a long trip next week.

It alternates every year. I am not sure of the reason, but the TSSAA changed the brackets mid-year last year. It was a wierd deal, and I can remember the teams from the East griping which was justified. You will never see a team host a semi-final game two years in a row.

Whoever wins tonight will have to gas the bus up and get ready for a long trip next week.

The reason TSSAA changed it last year was that it was almost impossible for Region 2 (which both Ooltewah and Farragut play in) to get 4 home play off games. Every other region had that opportunity. Lucky for us (Ooltewah) they made that change. Tonight will be our third home playoff game and if we win next week will be number 4. Being a band booster, it sure has helped the budget.

Once again, good luck to both teams and I really hope to see one of you next week.

To Owls

The reason TSSAA changed it last year was that it was almost impossible for Region 2 (which both Ooltewah and Farragut play in) to get 4 home play off games. Every other region had that opportunity. Lucky for us (Ooltewah) they made that change. Tonight will be our third home playoff game and if we win next week will be number 4. Being a band booster, it sure has helped the budget.

Once again, good luck to both teams and I really hope to see one of you next week.

To Owls

I remember it was something wierd like that. I remember not understanding the reasoning. That is wierd that it was set up like that. I thought that each part of the brackets were set up the same. One side of the bracket would host one year and the other the next. At least they rectified the situation to be fair to everybody. I know gate money is important to every team

1. Smyrna has a very potent running game and is def a "1-2 punch". I would also agree that its like the Titans "smash and dash" but Oakland has a 1-2-3-4-5 punch knockout! Valentine and Bass carry the load but are complimented by the BIG Dre Frazier, downhill runner T.Mayberry and Mr. B.J. Nelson. Since you compare the bulldogs attack to "smash and dash" of the Titans I will compare ours to "Earth,Wind,and Fire" of the Giants.

2. A few started and some did play but THAT WAS LAST YEAR. Why do you think Oakland is so good? not bc of last year but bc of what we went through last year. Our team is battle tested and lets not forget our coaching staff has put up gold balls also! Theres plenty experience for both teams.

3.Honestly the Woods story wasnt what made them gel. The 4 ot loss made them gel and come together. The woods drama was just a stepping stone if anything. Even the smyrna coach said this on TV.

Experience is key and our "experienced" coaching staff lead us on this journey to a win tonight !!!

27-9? even if Smyrna scores that much u honestly think oakland will not be right there matching them point for point? our defense isnt giving that up and u will see tonight. im done talking. see u in the oakland vs ooltewah/farragut thread!

Hey what happen to doing you talking on the field? " see u in the oakland vs ooltewah/farragut thread!" It may, in fact hold true but I think that the Bulldogs will bring something to the boro tonight that will change your "confidence" into "concerns" pretty quickly.

It is time for us to stand and cheer for the doer, the achiever, the one who recognizes the challenge and does something about it.

- Vince Lombardi

Go Dogs!!

If I recall correctly, in their last meeting, Oakland was the only team to score a touchdown in regulation. Smyrna got to 7 with a field goal and 2 safeties and never saw the endzone until OT. I realize both teams have made adjustments since that time but these posters that truly seem to believe Smyrna will put up 20 points or more against that tough Oakland D have got to be crazy!

finally someone with some sense!!!

I've seen 27-9 score in favor of Smyrna(bizzare) and 24-10.

Smyrna in their last 5 games after the loss from ohs havent played a defense like ours. When they have throughout the season the results were a loss to BA and only scoring 10 @ BA , a loss to siegel and getting a goose egg , and of course the loss to oakland. Those were their 3 losses against great defensive teams. So why some of you think Smyrna will put up big numbers on the scoreboard is COMICAL !

Hey what happen to doing you talking on the field? " see u in the oakland vs ooltewah/farragut thread!" It may, in fact hold true but I think that the Bulldogs will bring something to the boro tonight that will change your "confidence" into "concerns" pretty quickly.

It is time for us to stand and cheer for the doer, the achiever, the one who recognizes the challenge and does something about it.

- Vince Lombardi

Go Dogs!!

COULDNT HELP MYSELF! IF ONLY THE GAME WAS ABOUT TO KICKOFF...

IM JUST REPLYING TO BIAS SMYRNA FANS NOT BEING REALISTIC. SMYRNA WILL BRING IT. HA, THEY BETTER BRING IT! BUT TONIGHT AT 00:00 YOU WILL SEE RED HELMETS IN THE AIR AND PUPPS ON THEIR CAGES

"I don't think (our players) are overwhelmed by what's going on, and I don't think they feel like they've exceeded their expectations." ??” Oakland coach Thomas McDaniel

Smyrna in their last 5 games after the loss from ohs havent played a defense like ours. When they have throughout the season the results were a loss to BA and only scoring 10 @ BA , a loss to siegel and getting a goose egg , and of course the loss to oakland. Those were their 3 losses against great defensive teams. So why some of you think Smyrna will put up big numbers on the scoreboard is COMICAL !

I think you forgot about the early Brentwood loss, who also has a pretty solid Defense. You know as well as I do that the Smyrna Team you will see tonight is like night and day in comparison to the team that played siegel Brentwood and BA.

I think.......think you know Smyrna will be no push over tonight.......and they have a very good chance to come in there and get a win.

If not let me say that overconfidence can still produce a result of ???Failure" - When your best just isn't good enough.???

This is a different football team than the one who played siegel, BA, and brentwood. Smyrna had no passing game then, Steve Wilson has now come around and is getting comfortable in the pocket and out of the pocket. He is a strong candidate for most improved on this football team.