CASCADE vs JO BYRNS

reddevil36

GAME WINNER  

126 members have voted

1. 1. GAME WINNER

I think actually the County coughed up most (if not all) of the stadium money. Don't faint, I almost did. It's about time they pushed a little money our way and we didn't have to get the Lions' Club to foot the bill. BTW, your home bleachers are pretty nice. You guys going to stick the visitors overflow in the little bleachers in the end zone?

As for your drink of choice, you said only soft drinks, etc., no happy juice at your place! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Wrong, I said I wouldn't be serving any...LOL....I'm not going to be responsible for a bunch of drunken Devils......LOL..... I think the plans are to put a couple of 2x4's on top of the port-a-potties on the visitor??™s side to accommodate Logger and his family..... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll see big man. Coaches who haven't been there before tend to tighten up the game plan instead of opening it up (unless you're Spurrier and you run throw-back reverses on kickoffs at Florida). Cascade hasn't and won't run any sort of trickery or misdirection plays. The closest thing I've read is a reverse and last minute pitch on a kickoff and that came from the players themselves. That's a shame too because when you've run 12 weeks without any sort of double pass or flea flicker, it would be the last thing an opposing coach would be looking for. Who am I to argue though? You put up 55 points on McEwen.

Yes indeed they did put up 55 on us. And on that note...remember that McEwen does not have a bad defense at all. We held JB to 14 pts ourselves if you remember. But Cascade's offense (as I mentioned earlier) didnt look like the same unit on the field....wayyyyy better. The first game they put up 42 but remember that 14 of those were Interceptions returned for scores. The offense only scored 28. But the 55 last week was straight up but kicking on offense and they attacked us from every directions. they had better motion in the backfield, they set up counter really well, when they established the run they made us bite and hit us with play action with perfect throws down the seams and on the go route's. The coaching was brilliant so if I was JB coaches I wouldnt count out anything this week with Cascade's O!!!

For clarification if I was the one that you all thought said that JB had a weak secondary it was highly misunderstood. JB has an awesome Defense and I meant that if they had a weakness it was in the secondary because it definately isnt the sideline running #5 and the rest of his linebacker buddies!!! haha...And that comment is based on the fact that McEwen has a less than average passing game if any and we had success throwing the ball against Jo Burns when they shut down our 2000 yard plus running back that night!! But I say once again...after playing both teams and Cascade twice I think I would choose to play JB before missing with that freaking offense of Cascade's again.

Yes indeed they did put up 55 on us. And on that note...remember that McEwen does not have a bad defense at all. We held JB to 14 pts ourselves if you remember. But Cascade's offense (as I mentioned earlier) didnt look like the same unit on the field....wayyyyy better. The first game they put up 42 but remember that 14 of those were Interceptions returned for scores. The offense only scored 28. But the 55 last week was straight up but kicking on offense and they attacked us from every directions. they had better motion in the backfield, they set up counter really well, when they established the run they made us bite and hit us with play action with perfect throws down the seams and on the go route's. The coaching was brilliant so if I was JB coaches I wouldnt count out anything this week with Cascade's O!!!

For clarification if I was the one that you all thought said that JB had a weak secondary it was highly misunderstood. JB has an awesome Defense and I meant that if they had a weakness it was in the secondary because it definately isnt the sideline running #5 and the rest of his linebacker buddies!!! haha...And that comment is based on the fact that McEwen has a less than average passing game if any and we had success throwing the ball against Jo Burns when they shut down our 2000 yard plus running back that night!! But I say once again...after playing both teams and Cascade twice I think I would choose to play JB before missing with that freaking offense of Cascade's again.

We weren't concerned about your passing because we knew that wasn't your strong point. We were concerned about your running game. I think you did complete 2 or 3 passes and one for a td.

Yeah I'm with 44 on this one...you didn't have success passing the ball against JB. You only completed 1 more pass to y'alls guys than you did to ours (3 of 8 for 57 yards 1 TD and 2 Int's). JB has two totally different game plans when it comes to McEwen and Cascade. The proof is in the pudding, Cascade did next to nothing against JB the first time around. Like I like to say, what makes you think this game will be any different?

Wrong, I said I wouldn't be serving any...LOL....I'm not going to be responsible for a bunch of drunken Devils......LOL..... I think the plans are to put a couple of 2x4's on top of the port-a-potties on the visitor??™s side to accommodate Logger and his family..... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Thanks for clearing that up! It might get testy with drunk Devils and all that fire, etc.

Yeah I'm with 44 on this one...you didn't have success passing the ball against JB. You only completed 1 more pass to y'alls guys than you did to ours (3 of 8 for 57 yards 1 TD and 2 Int's). JB has two totally different game plans when it comes to McEwen and Cascade. The proof is in the pudding, Cascade did next to nothing against JB the first time around. Like I like to say, what makes you think this game will be any different?

I think getting pounded for 55 points is enough to change anyone's point of view. I agree though that we prepare very differently for Cascade than we do for McEwen. Our low score in that game can also be attributed to the many turnovers in that game. I think that situation has been rectified at least I hope that it has. If we have turnovers against Cascade then we are in BIG trouble. I think that it is also can be said that McEwen played Cascade very early in the season but JB played them late it hasn't been that long since week 9.

I think getting pounded for 55 points is enough to change anyone's point of view. I agree though that we prepare very differently for Cascade than we do for McEwen. Our low score in that game can also be attributed to the many turnovers in that game. I think that situation has been rectified at least I hope that it has. If we have turnovers against Cascade then we are in BIG trouble. I think that it is also can be said that McEwen played Cascade very early in the season but JB played them late it hasn't been that long since week 9.

Ok I wont be one of those guys that get on here to argue because I only comment on what I see as a coach at different levels and as a fan of the sport in general. But one comment does sit a little sideways with me here. Your comment that .."our low score in that game can also be attributed to the many turnovers in that game"...helloooooo we had 6 turnovers ourselves!!! Do you not think that impacted our scoring a little bit as well. Now you can look at it like I do and say yes we were a little sloppy with the ball but we played a really good defense and really good defenses make teams turn the ball over. But where is a little mutual respect in saying that maybe you all played a pretty good defense as well??? The only team that we didnt pretty much shut down "for the most part is Cascade". And yes we did play Cascade early in the season and obviously late in the season (last week) and let me tell you....They are extremely more dangerous now than they were then. We also only played you all a few weeks ago which is what I am giving my comparative breakdown based on. I have never said and would not for a second take away from JB but there is no harm making a comparison on match ups (mutual or not) and not thinking the outcome will be the best for JB. I was on the sideline for both games against Cascade and the one at home against JB. I saw every play of all 3 games and not only did I see them I was the one charting them for both teams. I am not biased at all...because I have no more invested in Cascade than I do JB...just like I said...as a Coach (not High School)..I coach our Jr. High and am Director of and coach the 10-12 yr olds in our Jr. Pro youth Football program.....i just believe that Cascade has too many weapons and are peaking at the right time.

Ok I wont be one of those guys that get on here to argue because I only comment on what I see as a coach at different levels and as a fan of the sport in general. But one comment does sit a little sideways with me here. Your comment that .."our low score in that game can also be attributed to the many turnovers in that game"...helloooooo we had 6 turnovers ourselves!!! Do you not think that impacted our scoring a little bit as well. Now you can look at it like I do and say yes we were a little sloppy with the ball but we played a really good defense and really good defenses make teams turn the ball over. But where is a little mutual respect in saying that maybe you all played a pretty good defense as well??? The only team that we didnt pretty much shut down "for the most part is Cascade". And yes we did play Cascade early in the season and obviously late in the season (last week) and let me tell you....They are extremely more dangerous now than they were then. We also only played you all a few weeks ago which is what I am giving my comparative breakdown based on. I have never said and would not for a second take away from JB but there is no harm making a comparison on match ups (mutual or not) and not thinking the outcome will be the best for JB. I was on the sideline for both games against Cascade and the one at home against JB. I saw every play of all 3 games and not only did I see them I was the one charting them for both teams. I am not biased at all...because I have no more invested in Cascade than I do JB...just like I said...as a Coach (not High School)..I coach our Jr. High and am Director of and coach the 10-12 yr olds in our Jr. Pro youth Football program.....i just believe that Cascade has too many weapons and are peaking at the right time.

Jo Byrns is peaking also. I respect your opinon! I know Cascade is probably gonna show us some things we didn't see in the first match-up but we have something they didn't see. This is just gonna be a great game, everything that can be said, has been! Everyone from the fans down to the players are so ready for this game!