Lewis County

Stat_pack1

Alcoa may very well be the second best team in Tennessee and the second best dynasty for that matter. They have great players and great coaching.

Lewis County is not on that level... just like another 100 teams in Tennessee, but that doesn't mean that they are not a very good football team and very good program for that matter.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the loss of so many starters/seniors, is this considered a rebuilding year for Lewis? Going to sure be hard to replace the seniors and their level of play. The line is taking a big hit with all the seniors gone.

The entire backfield is gone.

Anyone have an opinion ......Rebuilding vs. Reloading.

Sure is going to be hard to replace QB and Line.

Would love to hear opinions, thoughts or forecast for next year. With the new schedule it seems to make the job very difficult to repeat the past.

Let me hear.

With the loss of so many starters/seniors, is this considered a rebuilding year for Lewis? Going to sure be hard to replace the seniors and their level of play. The line is taking a big hit with all the seniors gone.

Would love to hear opinions, thoughts or forecast for next year. With the new schedule it seems to make the job very difficult to repeat the past.

Let me hear.

Sounds like a rebuilding year, not a good time with all the changes TSSAA has made as far as schedule.

Let me hear.

Stat, to answer the question is it rebuilding or reloading, well - I think that depends greatly on the players that ARE coming back. The '09 Panthers will have some talent, no doubt. Can they replace Mason Sharp, Jake Tenison, Kane Crowell, Willie Frazier, Shane Greve, Andrew Lawson, Colton Mathis, Eric Wright, etc., etc. - certainly not. There will be no replacing those players or any of the seniors - you can't replace them - they were too good of players with too good of leadership to just flip a switch and replace them.

However, the juniors, sophomores, and freshmen classes do have some talent, but got to ride the coattails of that great senior class in the past. Now, they have to step up their game and make their own mark. Yes, the new district will be much tougher than the old region, and yes, LC lost a ton of great players - but they have the talent to reload and make another run, it just depends on a lot of if's. If this happens, or if that happens it will be a great year. But, if this or that happens it could be a terrible year. The next class of seniors are the ones who will have alot of say in how good their last year will be.

How many of the juniors last year were starters? How big is the , now senior class?

Is there strength going to be size or speed. Sure is tough on any team to lose that many, and face a tougher schedule. The young men coming up will have to really work hard it sounds like.

Good luck to the LCHS panthers.

Could be an interesting team to watch next year.

How many of the juniors last year were starters? How big is the , now senior class?

Is there strength going to be size or speed. Sure is tough on any team to lose that many, and face a tougher schedule. The young men coming up will have to really work hard it sounds like.

Good luck to the LCHS panthers.

Could be an interesting team to watch next year.

Not sure of the numbers that will be seniors......but this is the bunch from a few years ago known as the "Cardic Kids". If they have the same determination and togetherness that they showed over the years.....could be one heck of a lot fun to watch this group. Not sure how many they lost out of that group over the years.....but they seemed like just when you thought they were done, they found a way to win. Hope they maintain that same determnation and show that grit.

From what all I have read and heard..a lot is going to determine with the line.....both offensively and defense. Not sure of the skill players in regards to speed size etc. But like you say......it will be interesting to see next years panthers.

Lewis Co. will be in the hunt every year in this distrct like their old one. They have good coaching ,good kids,and great administrative and community support.

They may be, but this coming year presents a lot tougher schedule, can't see any gimme's! This is going to have to be a complete team effort. Coaches this year will have their hands full, and will earn every win.

Good luck!

You will never replace the great players who played this year. Next year??™s team will have some really good players coming back. You can come up with a very impressive list of players who played a major role in this year??™s team like; Couch DE/TE, Spears C/T, TrullC/DE, Feichtinger G/DE, Vaughn QB/DB, Sparkman RB/DB, Crews G/T, Ammons G/LB, Hinson LB, Jones FB/OLB, Sherman RB/DB, Wooldridge SE/DB. Having enough talent and coaching to compete with the new teams is not going to be the question. The question is will these players have what it takes above the shoulders to step up into the new role. I love them all, but there are a few of these kids that have not had to stand out front when it matter the most. If these players step up and do what we know they can, then we will have a very good year. If they fall back and makes excuses and use the blame game then they won??™t. Let??™s all hope for the latter.

Yes I Talked To Someone Of The Boys About It...They Said They Think It Will Be A Blast Having A Tough Schedule........They Might Not Win Everygame This Years But I think They Will Be Good Competitive Games.......They Have Some Great Players With Great Attitudes I Beleve We Have 8 Or 9 Returning Starters....I Beleve All But 2 Are On D.....Lc Should Shock Some People This Year