Lewis County

Stat_pack1

No doubt the potential for leadership is there. I hate to keep making the point of leadership with this team, but as you all know when times are tough and it??™s all on the line leadership and attitude will carry you through. Signs are there for this team to really need their Srs. to step up and not allow anyone to look for excuses. I choose to believe that any unwillingness to accept responsibility in the past was just immaturity and this team will develop great leadership. If they do everyone will be amazed at what they will accomplish.

As the season gets nearer, maybe you'll start seeing the signs of the senior leadership. With the new schedule I seen for LCHS, it will have to be a total team! Maybe when you have scrimmages you'll see who rises to the top. Seniors will have to get through the rest that its just playing the games, but its winning the games that matters.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to add they are working "very hard" in the weight room. The next max. date is a few weeks away and coaches are excited to see the jumps.

That's good to hear. I have a friend who's son plays for LCHS, and he said his son was telling him about some of the numbers. Very impressive. Also said some of the smaller men (160-170 lbs) are showing some big improvements. Some of the numbers he told his dad is "very impressive" for that size men. Some of them are closing in on 300 lbs on the bench, which is awesome for that size. Maybe they are getting the fever now and the signs of leadership will start to surface. Any word when they scrimmage, and who?

Just wanted to add they are working "very hard" in the weight room. The next max. date is a few weeks away and coaches are excited to see the jumps.

Good to hear! After reading so many post putting down LCHS and their schedule I certainly hope nothing but the best for them. They (after reading so much negative).....they have become the Rodney Dangerfield of 2a "I don't get any respect". I certainly hope this year is something special for all involved in the program. A big task has been set ahead of them/new schedule (much tougher than in the past). But from what you are saying DDaddy, it would seem you have the horses, its just a matter of them getting the leadership in place, and the kids looking forward to the challege and believing. They can take on the "so called" big boys and tougher schedule and show that LCHS can play with anyone. I have heard from some over your way about how hard its going to be for LCHS to compete this coming year. But after reading your post, I think they will be surprised.......you do have the players, its just a matter of them "all" pulling together and setting one goal (not individual) and everyone putting out 100% effort and believing in each other!

Let me know what you hear......started following LCHS and know some people in Lewis.

Good luck to the "TEAM"

Well We all have been saying for years that LC just needs to schedule up for stiffer competition' so they can compete in the playoffs. Well you don't have to worry about it anymore, the TSSAA did it for you. No more 13-0

And we're sooooo terrified. We are so upset that you big bullies at the TSSAA made us start playing "real competition." If you knew anything about LC football you would know we have tried to play top notch competition in the past, and couldn't get it done for whatever reason (our fault, other team's fault, noone's fault) doesn't matter. Everyone thinks that now LC will finally hit the wall and lose every game cause we never played "real competition" in the past. But I think you will see that we have always been a good team that ran into better Goodpasture teams in the playoffs. But hey, if we played an NFL schedule it wouldn't be good enough for some of you. And it may not be 13-0 anymore, but I can guarantee you LC will still be a presence in 3A for years to come. See you in the Fall.

And we're sooooo terrified. We are so upset that you big bullies at the TSSAA made us start playing "real competition." If you knew anything about LC football you would know we have tried to play top notch competition in the past, and couldn't get it done for whatever reason (our fault, other team's fault, noone's fault) doesn't matter. Everyone thinks that now LC will finally hit the wall and lose every game cause we never played "real competition" in the past. But I think you will see that we have always been a good team that ran into better Goodpasture teams in the playoffs. But hey, if we played an NFL schedule it wouldn't be good enough for some of you. And it may not be 13-0 anymore, but I can guarantee you LC will still be a presence in 3A for years to come. See you in the Fall.

Some good points there. Still haven't been able to figure out if this is a rebuilding year or reloading. From what I have read I tend to lean towards rebuilding, based on lack of experience in the skilled position. But.............I have also read about this class of jrs. and seniors playing together since 8th grade, and feel that they will come together and surprise many who think this is LCHS year to stumble. My guess for LCHS is if they do great this year, the excuses will still fly......."the district was down" or "if they would have played in it last year". Always going to be something till (I guess) LCHS wins it all. We sure are interested in watching them preform next year and showing the make up of the team and coaches. ddaddy has expressed concern of attitude and leadership. I hope as they get nearer that these things will start to surface and the Seniors will start to show both.

One thing, with losing the entire offensive back field , really curious to see what LCHS has for this years version of the panthers. Going to have to work awful hard between now and open game to gell. But LCHS always seems to find that diamond or diamonds.

GOOD LUCK LCHS...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not again.......I noticed another one of those scheduling comments. Does it ever stop for LCHS. Seems that all I ever see negative wrote about LCHS. If never winning a gold ball is the standard for a teams failure, think of how many are failures. Shame that people only have that comment about LCHS. But guess one way to look at it.........Only one complaint.....not so bad. Reading so many other boards there are teams/coaches/communities with bigger problems than schedules (or Scheduling). So over all LCHS is in pretty good shape.

How are things looking? Any idea on dates/teams of scimmages?

Not again.......I noticed another one of those scheduling comments. Does it ever stop for LCHS. Seems that all I ever see negative wrote about LCHS. If never winning a gold ball is the standard for a teams failure, think of how many are failures. Shame that people only have that comment about LCHS. But guess one way to look at it.........Only one complaint.....not so bad. Reading so many other boards there are teams/coaches/communities with bigger problems than schedules (or Scheduling). So over all LCHS is in pretty good shape.

How are things looking? Any idea on dates/teams of scimmages?

Here is the game's for this season

Fri Aug. 21 at Mt. Pleasant

Fri Aug. 28 Collinwood

Fri Sep. 4 Page D

Fri Sep. 11 Spring Hill D

Fri Sep. 18 at Hickman Co. D

Fri Sep. 25 at Wayne Co.

Fri Oct. 2 Marshall Co. D

Fri Oct. 16 Giles Co. D

Fri Oct. 23 at Fairview D

Fri Oct. 30 at East Hickman D

As for the scrimmages i heard Lewis is going to do there spring in may this year.I heard they were going to be playin camden,and not for sure the other team.If i had to guess maybe bruceton..Heard the kids maxed today..Anyone Heard any results?

Haven't heard anything on the max. But will check with my friend and see what he has heard. He did say that there are some kids really putting the effort in and pushing it.

Can't wait to see the 09 version of LCHS. The return of the "Cardiac Kids". I have seen much film on this group from my friend...dating back to 05. There never was a quit in them...no matter how bad it looked. If they come with that same spirit......going to be an exciting year for all.

They always found a way to pull it out it seemed. He said that the team back then was being guessed to win only 2 or 3 games, that it was a down year. I believe they only lost 2 and one was in overtime to Bridgeforth (Giles). They played in the civic bowl (which I seen the film) and looked liked they had it together as a team.

Hopefully this year.......the same with happen.

Good luck.

Any updates on the progress would be appreciated.