Lewis County

Stat_pack1

Still on last I heard......just watched the weather and it doesn't look good up that way. Maybe it will blow through earlier than they are saying...but it does look like heavy rain. Not sure how the field up that way handles large amounts of rain. Hour by Hour call I guess. I hope Lewis gets at least one in this spring. They are suppose to have a "Black vs. Gold" on friday, which doesn't really help much. They split the team in no particular order and play some. Its for a fund raiser for a good cause.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to try and get over there and watch the scrimmage......hope the weather holds so you guys can get one in. Do you know anything about Bruceton this year. I know last year was a really bad one for Bruceton. I took a peek at the weather just a few minutes ago and if the timing is right.....rain. Going to check bad later and see if anything has changed. Its closer than Lewis for me.....so might chance it. Hope you guys get it in, your players do need the experience regardless of who.....just getting the players to play together in live competition will help. At least give everyone an idea. It certainly sounds like the talent is there........now if it can just come together as one. I think your coaches may get a few more gray hairs this year. Hope to catch you all later. Good luck on the scrimmage and the weather!

I am going to try and get over there and watch the scrimmage......hope the weather holds so you guys can get one in. Do you know anything about Bruceton this year. I know last year was a really bad one for Bruceton. I took a peek at the weather just a few minutes ago and if the timing is right.....rain. Going to check bad later and see if anything has changed. Its closer than Lewis for me.....so might chance it. Hope you guys get it in, your players do need the experience regardless of who.....just getting the players to play together in live competition will help. At least give everyone an idea. It certainly sounds like the talent is there........now if it can just come together as one. I think your coaches may get a few more gray hairs this year. Hope to catch you all later. Good luck on the scrimmage and the weather!

We had a good deal of rain last night but they still may have a chance to play.

The practice field is on high ground and handles water pretty good. The field has got all year to heal up, I hope they go ahead and play ball rain or shine.

They need to get one in probably worse than Lewis County. Hope to see you all up there this evening.

We had a good deal of rain last night but they still may have a chance to play.

The practice field is on high ground and handles water pretty good. The field has got all year to heal up, I hope they go ahead and play ball rain or shine.

They need to get one in probably worse than Lewis County. Hope to see you all up there this evening.

Scrimmage is off. Bruceton called to cancel this morning.

Scrimmage is off. Bruceton called to cancel this morning.

Hate to hear it. Going to make it tougher to get them experience playing together for sure. Oh well they still have this summer. I'm sure the weather has caused this problem with a lot of schools. The boys still fired up? Looking forward to the coming season and seeing how Lewis performs at that level. Going to be a challenge......Tougher schedule and rebuilding......doesn't make for a good combo. Good Luck!

Did Lewis ever get a spring game in? How did the Black and Gold go. Haven't seen anything posted about either.......so assume the didn't get any in because of weather.

From what I heard they did it on Thursday.......thats about all I know, no details about anything, but if I hear of some I'll pass it along.

To bad they didn't get any spring games in. With Lewis rebuilding they needed all the experience they could get with so many holes being filled from last year.

It would certainly helped if they could have. They needed all the experience they could get but the weather was in the way. Haven't heard much out of them lately. DDaddy usually has some inside info. but he has been quiet lately. Sound like the workouts have been going good. Not sure about the team speed. I hope the defense can stand up to the bigger schools. The numbers will have a big influence. Still scratching my head on the District change. As I said before on paper this District just might be one the toughess top to bottom. Hard to figure out how Lewis and Hickman is going to respond this year. Lewis if nothing else has been consistent over the years. But hasn't faced a schedule like this in over 15 years......so both players and coaches will be tested this season.

So how many will have Lewis out this summer? Heard you had a giant Freshman class (for lewis). Any of them going to be able to help any? Hated that you didn't get any games this spring. (I saved gas at least). Hope the kids hit it hard during the summer (they are going to need all they can get). Tough schedule coming up. DDaddy........how is the leadership and attitude looking so far? I'll pop in once in a while and see whats happen at Lewis. Good luck and work hard!

The practice attitude has been better than I expected. Hearing great things about some emerging leaders like Pax and Tyler Hinson. Pax is setting a great example in drill work with great effort. Look for them to join Trull as some of the leaders next fall. There??™s also a lot of exciting talk about the Sparkman brothers and their great attitude. Justin has REALLY matured mentally to the point of being one of the most well behaved players on the team. We all must remember that he??™s just 14 years old with a body of a 20 year old. Darsha will play a huge role on both sides of the ball in the success of our team. You can??™t forget some of the proven reliable like; Couch, D. Ammons, Fish, Graham (what an animal), Fito and Bull. The really need Eric to step up to the plate and play to his potential. I have probably left someone out, but if some of the other talent turns the corner things could be interesting for the Panthers.