Oak Ridge Football Recap

Ole Dad

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Oak Ridge punter kicked for more yards in 2008 than the offense gained for the season.

I will bet it wasn't hard to do either! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I should not talk as y'all at least throw the ball. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

The Oak Ridge punter kicked for more yards in 2008 than the offense gained for the season.

Ole Dad saw your post about the kicking game at OR this past season. Look forward to playing you guys again next season. We have been in involved in some epic battles with you guys in the past always has been a great rivalry. Work with several folks from OR so I keep up with your program in that way. They seem to be in agreement with you that your punter was very good, but I have heard them complain quite a bit about the rest of your kicking game, coverage, and especially place kicking. If they are correct your place kicker did not hit a field goal this year and missed several extra points bet that has not happened often in OR. Just wondering if you thought your kicking game will be any better next season? Good luck to OR in the future always has been and always will be one of the greatest traditions in high school football. Central Bobcat

I just finished reading the morning paper. Does Coach Stevens realize that in his new district there is only 1 automatic qualifier in 6A? The others come from 5A. At the rate OR played this year, I wouldnt bet on being an automatic qualifier unless OR was the only 6A team in the district!

He better get that program turned around and quick or else he will be watching somebody else take that team to the playoffs.

Well the 2009 schedule has been released and our rivalry with DB during the regular is no more. DB has been dropped and now the rivalry starts with Maryville as they are now on the schedule for the fifth week of the football season. I personally have always enjoyed the DB game both here and at J. Fred Stadium in Kingsport. Great fans, great football.

Look at it this way, all OR has to do to reach the playoffs every year is beat Karns and Hardin Valley. OR could technically be the automatic qualifier from your district every year with a 2-8 record. Karns hasn't been to the playoffs in a lifetime, and Hardin Valley has never even played a varsity game. Surely that alone will secure OR a playoff spot for a few years.

Look at it this way, all OR has to do to reach the playoffs every year is beat Karns and Hardin Valley. OR could technically be the automatic qualifier from your district every year with a 2-8 record. Karns hasn't been to the playoffs in a lifetime, and Hardin Valley has never even played a varsity game. Surely that alone will secure OR a playoff spot for a few years.

This may be the only way a Stanton Stevens team from OR makes the playoffs! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Karns freshman team was loaded this year and I think their JV team was pretty good. I was also told that Hardin Valley was pretty strong at the JV level this year. These two teams may not be such a cake walk for OR next year..........and stop calling me Surely. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well the 2009 schedule has been released and our rivalry with DB during the regular is no more. DB has been dropped and now the rivalry starts with Maryville as they are now on the schedule for the fifth week of the football season. I personally have always enjoyed the DB game both here and at J. Fred Stadium in Kingsport. Great fans, great football.

I hate we are not going to get to continue this rivalry. Oak Ridge is my favorite game every year. Maybe we will continue seeing each other in the playoffs. Good luck Wildcats in '08' ROLL TRIBE.........................