New Coach at Blackman

2priceless

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I wasn't necessarily looking for a job ??” I was happy at MTCS," Shadowens said. "It was a great year there ??” a year I really enjoyed.

if you werent looking for a job, how'd the application get turned in? this guy's a mess, or a saint, depending on who you hear it from. im sure it will all show on the field this season. his teams have been infamous for their lack of class FOR YEARS, and im sure the blaze will become no different now unfortunately. like i said he makes it so easy for me to root against them now, which is unfortunate with them being a m'boro team

i would have rolled the dice on the 3 or 4 career win (as head coach) Steve Britton.

"I wasn't necessarily looking for a job ??” I was happy at MTCS," Shadowens said. "It was a great year there ??” a year I really enjoyed.

if you werent looking for a job, how'd the application get turned in? this guy's a mess, or a saint, depending on who you hear it from. im sure it will all show on the field this season. his teams have been infamous for their lack of class FOR YEARS, and im sure the blaze will become no different now unfortunately. like i said he makes it so easy for me to root against them now, which is unfortunate with them being a m'boro team

i would have rolled the dice on the 3 or 4 career win (as head coach) Steve Britton.

I would call neither him nor his teams classless. I know that after Brandon Messick suffered the hit last year at Smyrna that resulted in 2 broken vertebra in his neck that both Coach Shadowens and the young man that made the hit showed quite a bit of class to the entire Messick family.

1. I do. Smyrna ties run deep!

2. He had been the coach too long. If you don't look to leave every year, what kind of coach are you???

3. Shad would not leave a coaching job. I heard he told the kids at Blackman that he is committed to them, felt "led" to the them, and he is coming to Blackman to spend more time with his family. There is no truth to the rumor that he applied at Portland. On a side note, did Gail Vick say in the paper that she hired him for his stability? You know when Rankin was hired at Alcoa is was because they knew that he would not apply for any more jobs!

4. Does Riverdale really want a QB from MTCS. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

1. Gill is MUCH closer to Raikes then Shad. Gill played for Raikes when Raikes was the coach there instead of the Principal. Gill will NOT grant exceptions for a Smyrna player (namely Bryson) to go to Blackman to play against Smyrna.

4. He was a R'dale QB BEFORE he suddenly went to MTCS. Thing is now he is stuck there as he will not have any eligibility left if he transfers also.

Something in this whole thing stinks worse than a dead carp laying in 100 degree day sunlight.

I just hope this does not start another round of recruiting wars in Rutherford County.

I would call neither him nor his teams classless. I know that after Brandon Messick suffered the hit last year at Smyrna that resulted in 2 broken vertebra in his neck that both Coach Shadowens and the young man that made the hit showed quite a bit of class to the entire Messick family.

Totally different set of circumstances. To not do something there would not only be classless it would be heartless as well. I have heard many stories of classless things that have been done by his teams to locker rooms of teams they visit. I have also seen this with my own eyes. Writing and destroying things on boards and walls in locker rooms. The coaches are responsible for checking to make sure things are good before they leave.

Totally different set of circumstances. To not do something there would not only be classless it would be heartless as well. I have heard many stories of classless things that have been done by his teams to locker rooms of teams they visit. I have also seen this with my own eyes. Writing and destroying things on boards and walls in locker rooms. The coaches are responsible for checking to make sure things are good before they leave.

Any kids that want to go to Blackman will have to MOVE to the school zone. Mr. Gill and the BOARD make the decisions for excemptions. purple75gold are just trashing coach shad because he left? Whatever the reason he left only he and his family will ever know and we can all talk about til we're blue in the face. Coach Shad is a stand up guy and he will be successful at Blackman, just like he was successful at SHS. And if trashing a lockerroom makes coaches and kids classless add Wilson Central to the list because they trashed SHS after the Bulldogs beat them in the playoffs this year. I have known Phillip since he was an 8th grader and I would stand up for him at any time. Yes I am a little disappointed that he left SHS to go to MTCS and will be at Blackman, but that doesn't make me want to trash him the way some of you are!!

1. Mrs. Shadowens does not have a full time teaching job at MTCS. She does sub on occasion.

2. If I'm not mistaken, both daughters have starting positions on their respective basketball teams, so they must being doing something right to be starting for two really competitive teams. Plus, word on the street is the girls might be staying. Therefore, I think it is a little crazy to assume he is changing jobs for that reason.

3. I am sure some ties were severed at MTCS, but not all. Some of us who do not know the details choose to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Coach Shadowens is a big school guy, so it does kinda make sense that he would go back to that setting. I don't know the reasons why he left. I could speculate, but what's the point. However, I will choose to believe there are deeper reasons than some of the shallow reasons some are offering.

Just the opinions of this spectator for whatever it's worth.

Any kids that want to go to Blackman will have to MOVE to the school zone. Mr. Gill and the BOARD make the decisions for excemptions. purple75gold are just trashing coach shad because he left? Whatever the reason he left only he and his family will ever know and we can all talk about til we're blue in the face. Coach Shad is a stand up guy and he will be successful at Blackman, just like he was successful at SHS. And if trashing a lockerroom makes coaches and kids classless add Wilson Central to the list because they trashed SHS after the Bulldogs beat them in the playoffs this year. I have known Phillip since he was an 8th grader and I would stand up for him at any time. Yes I am a little disappointed that he left SHS to go to MTCS and will be at Blackman, but that doesn't make me want to trash him the way some of you are!!

I am not talking trash because of Shad changing teams, I could care less what the man does. Someone said he was a classy guy but I think different. He very well may be a class act but some of his past players have done some classless things even after games they have won. The way players act is a reflection on the coach.

I am not talking trash because of Shad changing teams, I could care less what the man does. Someone said he was a classy guy but I think different. He very well may be a class act but some of his past players have done some classless things even after games they have won. The way players act is a reflection on the coach.

You sound awefully bitter, just wonder the reason or reasons why. I have been around the Smyrna program my whole life thru the Great times and the lean, there have been a number of teams who have trashed lockerrooms and the pool area at SHS. I just think for the sake of Coach Shad's family that some of the stuff said on here is very harsh. Good Luck to all involved in the coaching change.

im a hater who just cant help it, i just start rambling and stuff...

but smyrna has had the worst reputation of any rutherford county team for YEARS while he was at helm. i havent paid close enough attention to see if that has changed now. smyrna has always made it very easy for me to hate on them and have no remorse for doing so, and i think maybe shad played a part on that, or that he deserves at least some of the blame.

ideally, i'd like to be able to lend my support to any rutherford county team, especially while my team is out of it. its not the bitterness in rivalries any more as i have graduated and am a little beyond that

this is just discussion, so nobody lose any sleep over it, if people say shadowens is a great man then i trust their judgment. i guess i just havent been blessed to see it for myself. heck maybe im envious.........naaaaaaaaaaa wont take it that far.