New Coach at Blackman

2priceless

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that Shadowens initially turned the job down, and then the job was offered to the Perry guy from Georgia (and he accepted), and then Shadowens decided he wanted the job, and then the Perry guy had the job yanked back. Anyone else hear this?

Is the Perry guy from GA kin to the Perry at MJ? Is he a wing-t guy?

If this is true, Blackman might qualify for "soap opera" status!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yes. You heard right......and yes, the Perry guy is kin to Roger Perry. He left a couple of years before Roger Perry left Portland and moved to Georgia. He is in his fourth year of Head Coaching in Georgia now.

I talked with someone who talked with him. He said that Shad did turn it down, the call was made to him, and Shad changed his mind.

Blackman ended up with there first choice, so, no harm done. He is like Roger, very upstanding man, great with kids and, in my opinion, would have done a good job at Blackman.

• 2 weeks later...

I heard that coach Shad was completely cleaning house. You know coach the QB coach will come, Im sure he will prolly bring one from MTCS and i heard a couple from Smyrna. Cant wait to see what happens.

I have heard the same thing. Word from the MTCS folk is that they would like for the DC ( Mitchell) to get the head coach there. I wasn't sure why Shad didn't automatically include him as the DC at BHS. He did a good job over there. The guy teaches at Smyrna, and has several endorsements . Does anyone know what the deal is with that?

I really hate to see guys have to scramble for a new job in this economy.

Did Wells get the DC at Riverdale?

I have heard the same thing. Word from the MTCS folk is that they would like for the DC ( Mitchell) to get the head coach there. I wasn't sure why Shad didn't automatically include him as the DC at BHS. He did a good job over there. The guy teaches at Smyrna, and has several endorsements . Does anyone know what the deal is with that?

I really hate to see guys have to scramble for a new job in this economy.

Did Wells get the DC at Riverdale?

remember to be head coach at MTCS you must be a church of christ member...Maybe they will call me i would be their head coach and i am a member of the church...think i will get a call?

Yes. You heard right......and yes, the Perry guy is kin to Roger Perry. He left a couple of years before Roger Perry left Portland and moved to Georgia. He is in his fourth year of Head Coaching in Georgia now.

I talked with someone who talked with him. He said that Shad did turn it down, the call was made to him, and Shad changed his mind.

Blackman ended up with there first choice, so, no harm done. He is like Roger, very upstanding man, great with kids and, in my opinion, would have done a good job at Blackman.

Well......no harm done except on making sure that everyone who doesnt already know, confirm that the administration at Blackmon is wishy washy at best. When you offer a job, you have offered it.......no do overs. This is a buisness. But, working for a woman, what can you expect? Shadowens will figure all of that out soon enough.