New Coach at Blackman

2priceless

Fred you are nuts! I would never work for Willie and he didin't play at Cumberland(who buy the way won the Mid South west Tittle). He blew his knee out running through the ropes at CU in the first drill of 2 a days. That was his only day on the team. PERIOD!!! He told the kids when he coached at Lebanon that he was CU's all time rushing leader. He lies so much it's easy to tell when he's doing it. His mouth is open.

FBMan,

You can say what you want on the "T", but calling Fred nuts crosses the line. Inept, maybe, but not nuts. He single-handedly in one season forgot the balls and towels on a rainy game night and then allowed a senior, dressed in full cap and gown steal the kicking tees. I respect his football wisdom as you should, but don't never put him in charge of anything valuable. I will back up and say these were only strong accusations from Josh "Freeman Did It" the Manager. If you will check closely on Ask.com, you can find Sceamin's stats at CU.

E5

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You gotta love Shad turning into Larry Brown. There are just so many oddities about the moves he has made in the last year or so. If his daughters follow him to Blackman, that kind of paints his move in a "slightly" better light. Otherwise, he looks like a diva doing what he's done.

To be honest, I feel bad for Bud Raikes and Smyrna in this deal.

1. He hired the guy at an extremely young age

2. Was more than patient with that man when they fell hard in the playoffs year after year (a couple of those playoff losses were bad, bad, bad)

3. Relented to give Shad an all star staff with Robbins and those guys

4. Catches lighting in a bottle (more like Sonny and Rod) and wins two state titles

5. Bailes when the cupboard would have had to be redeveloped to go spend time with his "family"

6. Then walks out after about 8 months to go coach against his alma mater

After thinking about it, Shad should split whatever raise he got at Blackman between Sonny and Rod, if that isn't an NCAA violation. They got these perks for him, that's real talk.

No doubt Blackman High School's new coach is a proven winner who can build a successful program. But he is not working for Bud Raikes or Rick Powell anymore. Nor is he working for Gail Vick or Scott Lawless. The person he is working for now demands respect, perfection, and class at all times. A man who has experienced nothing but success in his coaching career. A proven administrator and family man. There is no doubt Shadowens will be given time but he will be forced to do it the right way from day one. That is the only way John Strickland will have it.

No doubt Blackman High School's new coach is a proven winner who can build a successful program. But he is not working for Bud Raikes or Rick Powell anymore. Nor is he working for Gail Vick or Scott Lawless. The person he is working for now demands respect, perfection, and class at all times. A man who has experienced nothing but success in his coaching career. A proven administrator and family man. There is no doubt Shadowens will be given time but he will be forced to do it the right way from day one. That is the only way John Strickland will have it.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Yeah, when I think of class, I think of John Strickland /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Give me a break. Strickland is a joke and is as arrogant as they come. He will try his best to coach vicariously through Shadowens.

You leave out several facts. Facts that don't support your argument besides your jealousy of the Green Wave program. Mt Juliet lost this year running the wing-t, Hendersonville won this year but had lost three years prior running the wing-t, and Wilson Central won 28-14 then got beat the following year by the inept Green Wave. The overall record is massively in favor of a team that does not run the wing-t, GALLATIN. Put it on the board, frame it and look at it every day if you want to. Until you made it personal, I was just stating the facts about the wing-t and state championships at the highest level. You can coach, cheer for, or play in that archaic offense all you want but it still ain't won the big one. And won't this year.

No, you leave out the facts. You cannot say that the overall record is massively in favor of a team that does not run the wing-t when coaches in this state have been massively successful against it. Mt. Juliet did lose that game, but not without rushing to the tune of 275 yards in that archaeic offense. That was not the problem in that football game. I would agree to a push in that Gallatin had a young football team in 07 and MJ in 08, but that directly proves my point that it is not a question of offense. Again, the games with Central were a push (however, they did scrimmage this fall and Central beat them). Hendersonville has had the better of the Green Wave in a big way over the last decade...if your allegiance keeps you from admitting that, I understand. But, personal would be when I bring up one particular game against one particular team...I am rather convinced that this offense can win, and am seeing versions of it resurface at some major programs. Does it need a great defense and solid special teams...yes. Does most offensive schemes...yes. It is better suited for the long haul in December than other offenses...I believe so. Do you see versions of wing-t plays in every other scheme...you bet you do. Offenses and defenses have become more than one-dimensional, and I will agree to disagree that some verison of the Wing-t will not win a championship...because I believe it will. I promise you that football has evolved a tremendous amount in the last decade, as has this offense. As for the bulletin board material, that is for those teams to post, but I will tell you this much, if those four offenses boat race you in the next year, don't start a thread on this stuff b/ce I will be forced to remind you.

FBMan,

You can say what you want on the "T", but calling Fred nuts crosses the line. Inept, maybe, but not nuts. He single-handedly in one season forgot the balls and towels on a rainy game night and then allowed a senior, dressed in full cap and gown steal the kicking tees. I respect his football wisdom as you should, but don't never put him in charge of anything valuable. I will back up and say these were only strong accusations from Josh "Freeman Did It" the Manager. If you will check closely on Ask.com, you can find Sceamin's stats at CU.

E5

E5 son you are crazy! willie j was the all time leading rusher in cumberland history. FBMan YOU DID NOT HAVE TO PULL OUT THE ROPE STORY! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AMAZING!! you boys keep it real it has been a blast!