Munford assistant forced to resign

CoachSwitzer

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the link from the Commercial Appeal website.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2008/...-messages-sent/

We have a lot of idiots in the teaching and coaching profession> obviously we dont have the whole story but guys come on use some common sense we are we exchanging phone numbers and text messages with female students. just idiotic i dont want anyone with that bad of judgement coaching my kids in any sport

I'm sick of reading about this stuff every other day...Not just the male teachers but the female one's also.....where the heck did values and self respect go????? Sad for his family if he is married and has kids. Sad episode of "Divorce Court" If my daughter where to ever text a teacher...well I'd have to jerk a knot in her also. Thank God she is just 7 now.....parents shouldn't have to worry about this mess....as if there isn't enough to worry about already.

There's a teacher/coach at Oak Ridge who's the most popular guy in the school with the high school girls. I've heard he texts with them and I've heard he's not shy about doing some innocent flirting with them. Completely inappropriate in my opinion.

I have heard, easy now, those comments can be very damaging, If you have only heard it, it is far from the truth. Have a little evidence before even mentioning that kind of stuff.

A lot of idiots coaching and teaching, another harsh statement, I am not sure what profession that you folks are in but most most professions have a percentage of idiots, it does not mean a lot. One is too many.

Situation at hand, was it sexuall as most are presuming, it may have been angry message but who knows, I do not want my child exposed to that kind of behavior either but please be careful throwing out unsubstantiated comments.

I have heard, easy now, those comments can be very damaging, If you have only heard it, it is far from the truth. Have a little evidence before even mentioning that kind of stuff.

A lot of idiots coaching and teaching, another harsh statement, I am not sure what profession that you folks are in but most most professions have a percentage of idiots, it does not mean a lot. One is too many.

Situation at hand, was it sexuall as most are presuming, it may have been angry message but who knows, I do not want my child exposed to that kind of behavior either but please be careful throwing out unsubstantiated comments.

I am a teacher and a coach so I stand behind my statement that we have a lot of idiot teachers and coaches. Sure there are idiots in every profession but teaching and coaching pay my bills so thats the profession Im most concerned with. First of all it is dumb to be exchanging phone numbers with students of the opposite sex secondly its even worse because he is basically flirting with one of his players' girlfriend. So basically he lost all trust and credibility. I cant imagine my coach flirting with underage girls better yet my own girlfriend and then he expects these young men to listen to him and follow his instruction. If you are an adult male and you are physically attracted to a high school girl you are lame beyond the upteenth degree and are an obvious loser. Had that been my daughter I would have been on the news for nothing less than assault because I would definitely have him fearing me. this is just ridiculous

I agree not to through anyone under the bus without the facts but the sad truth is that anyone in the teaching profession has a knowledge of a story similar to this. Maybe not at your school but at a nearby school or district and it is simply bad. The teaching profession is not like many other prefessions. Some companies have policy against employee relationships and some don't but this is not your typical Comany or Business. There are very clear lines in this profession that cannot be crossed. Students today are different because of society and there are no line that some will cross so it is up to the ADULTS to make the right decisions. Educators are trusted with children for many hours a day, more than parent s spend with their children and must be people of character. I think beyond the basic moral responsibility of an educator there should be coursework in the Collegiate programs that prepare the teacher for dealing with these situations. I know this occurs with both new and old teachers but each teacher has an administration that is there to support and eliminate these situations before they go bad.

I am off my SoapBox, one last comment:

"There is NO excuse for this behavior"