BA vs MUS

singlewing

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First and foremost - Congratulations to MUS on a great season and a well deserved championship tonight. I was at the game and was very impressed - particularly with Brunetti. He is a stud. He killed BA with his roll-out and quick release all night. I suspect I represent many DII fans (of any school but MUS) when I say I wish he'd graduate early . . . He's the real deal.

Congratulations also to BA. We knew coming in that to win, we'd have to play a mistake free game and unfortunately, the wheels fell off. 6 turnovers will get you beat by a mediocre team and clearly MUS is not mediocre. 5 of the 6 turnovers were unexcusable -- just poor ball handling. In the last 2 games (Briarcrest and EHS) BA was able to put a lot of the mental mistakes behind them, but they came back to bite us again in the end. You just can't give a team like this a short field . . .

On a final note -- MemphisReb, I'm sorry you feel so disrespected but for goodness sakes get over it. Your team showed what they were made of and you should be enjoying the win. I'm not sure which BA/MBA fans you think have shown MUS such disrespect (there are only a couple of BA posters left and all of the true MBA posters that I can see always represent thier school well and with class). No one who saw the game tonight will doubt that MUS deserved the Championship. You don't need to play the "we don't get the respect we deserve" card anymore - you won.

Again - congratulations to both teams

'big game' BA, go ahead and dust off another spot in the trophy case.......we've added another.

Cute . . . I'd rather be in the final game with a chance than sitting at home writing smug posts . . .

First and foremost - Congratulations to MUS on a great season and a well deserved championship tonight. I was at the game and was very impressed - particularly with Brunetti. He is a stud. He killed BA with his roll-out and quick release all night. I suspect I represent many DII fans (of any school but MUS) when I say I wish he'd graduate early . . . He's the real deal.

Congratulations also to BA. We knew coming in that to win, we'd have to play a mistake free game and unfortunately, the wheels fell off. 6 turnovers will get you beat by a mediocre team and clearly MUS is not mediocre. 5 of the 6 turnovers were unexcusable -- just poor ball handling. In the last 2 games (Briarcrest and EHS) BA was able to put a lot of the mental mistakes behind them, but they came back to bite us again in the end. You just can't give a team like this a short field . . .

On a final note -- MemphisReb, I'm sorry you feel so disrespected but for goodness sakes get over it. Your team showed what they were made of and you should be enjoying the win. I'm not sure which BA/MBA fans you think have shown MUS such disrespect (there are only a couple of BA posters left and all of the true MBA posters that I can see always represent thier school well and with class). No one who saw the game tonight will doubt that MUS deserved the Championship. You don't need to play the "we don't get the respect we deserve" card anymore - you won.

Again - congratulations to both teams

Cute . . . I'd rather be in the final game with a chance than sitting at home writing smug posts . . .

He is not playing the "we don't get no respect card" he is playing the "we are from Memphis and the rest of the state hates Memphis card".

He is not playing the "we don't get no respect card" he is playing the "we are from Memphis and the rest of the state hates Memphis card".

Ah, I had the wrong card. That makes more sense -- he's right . . .

(I'm kidding! Relax MemphisReb)

/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

All I want to say is congratulations to BOTH teams for getting to this game. However either team got here, it wasn't easy, and BA and MUS are both to be commended.

BA, getting here was tough and you overcame lots of adversity including knocking off a tremendous Ensworth team that few gave you any chance you could beat them. Hold your head up....take a few weeks off and start getting ready for next year. You will have more chances to bring home the gold. The BA seniors have 2 silvers and 1 gold ball they have added to the case. This is a great accomplishment that few schools have ever done across the state. You are going out winners! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

MUS is to be congratulated as well for an undefeated season! THAT is an accomplishment in DII! Up 31-0 at halftime speaks for itself. You are definitely the champs.

Silverballs says:'big game' BA, go ahead and dust off another spot in the trophy case.......we've added another.

Fan6 replies:

SilverBalls does these smug posts every year. He never posts unless it is something about the BA trophycase, and it is normally after a runner-up year.....of course, Silverballs (his handle is a direct slam to BA) is digressing back to overcoming feelings of inferiority from his JR. Pro last in his division days when he was in 5th grade and the Una Bears were dashing his dreams of the City Championship. Some of the Bears became Eagles and football for him has never been the same. In his heart, he wants to be an Eagle and affiliated with winners to make up for lost experiences in his childhood. My bet is outside of going over to BA to gawk at an overwhelming display of Gold and Silver balls in a locked trophy case, he has never been around or earned one. /wub.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

Congratulations MUS, you won no excuses.BA we can't go back and do anything over it's done it's history!You over came a lot this season and fell a little short.There is a lot to be proud of, you've been to the big dance and danced on the big stage 3yrs in a row many go a lifetime without doing it once.

I noticed in the stats Ishmael Lewis for BA did not play. Where was he? I am out of the loop, so be kind if he has been out for a while....

He played.They confused names all night.

'big game' BA, go ahead and dust off another spot in the trophy case.......we've added another.

Yep....you are right.....have you ever seen the size of those trophies???? Gold and Silver balls take up lots of room in the tophy case. It wouldn't suprise me if BA builds a bigger trophy case.....heck.....maybe a building in itself to put all the hardware they have won over the years.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> These BA seniors have been a part of adding 3 balls to the case. Not too shabby. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Congrats BA!