2009 Huntingdon Football Schedule

PWII

It still amazes me for a school the size of Huntingdon we will have 60+ kids out for football every year. I dare say there are not many if any schools that will have that kind of participation. That is just one of the things that makes Mustang football very special.

The schedule that Swenson has put together for next year may very well be a test in survival. If we can get through the regular season without many injuries, we will be more than prepared for the playoffs regardless of what our overall record is.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It still amazes me for a school the size of Huntingdon we will have 60+ kids out for football every year. I dare say there are not many if any schools that will have that kind of participation. That is just one of the things that makes Mustang football very special.

The schedule that Swenson has put together for next year may very well be a test in survival. If we can get through the regular season without many injuries, we will be more than prepared for the playoffs regardless of what our overall record is.

this freshman class has some pretty good players. the class behind them has some great players. i've coached them in baseball and know there ability. the sophomores and next years juniors have some phenominal players.check out our baseball team this spring and you'l see!

this freshman class has some pretty good players. the class behind them has some great players. i've coached them in baseball and know there ability. the sophomores and next years juniors have some phenominal players.check out our baseball team this spring and you'l see!

Baseball does not translate to football nor vice versa.

Baseball does not translate to football nor vice versa.

RedGrange...........Come out and watch practice a few days this spring and you may change your perception of these young men. There's talent that you haven't seen while sitting in the stands on Friday nights.

Get on board. It's going to be a fun ride with these young men!!!!

PWII.... You and SteveO are now official members of the "Pigskin Pals". Congratulations.. Cousin "Tiny" has one job with the PP and he does it well. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> I have a question and didn't know from talking with you Friday night if you knew the answer. Hopefully you can get an answer from Coach Swenson.

I haven't heard anything official but the TSSAA says all teams must have white jerseys when playing away from home. Does this happen next year for certain? Gonna seem odd for us for sure. Will Swenson go back to Old Gold for our colors and have blue helmets or will they keep the Vegas Gold uniforms and helmets? I'd like to go back to the "Old School" look with blue helmets and Old Gold myself.

I know you and SteveO have a special interest in Mustang football and I know we'll be better next year. Swenson will toughen them up this winter and spring. If you find out anything holler at me. Spring practice won't be too far off...

PWII.... You and SteveO are now official members of the "Pigskin Pals". Congratulations.. Cousin "Tiny" has one job with the PP and he does it well. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> I have a question and didn't know from talking with you Friday night if you knew the answer. Hopefully you can get an answer from Coach Swenson.

I haven't heard anything official but the TSSAA says all teams must have white jerseys when playing away from home. Does this happen next year for certain? Gonna seem odd for us for sure. Will Swenson go back to Old Gold for our colors and have blue helmets or will they keep the Vegas Gold uniforms and helmets? I'd like to go back to the "Old School" look with blue helmets and Old Gold myself.

I know you and SteveO have a special interest in Mustang football and I know we'll be better next year. Swenson will toughen them up this winter and spring. If you find out anything holler at me. Spring practice won't be too far off...

Thanks for the complimentary membership. I didn't realize that Tiny was so good at what he does. I guess that's just one more example of "practice makes perfect".

It is my understanding that the requirement for visiting teams to wear white jerseys will start next fall. Some of the boys have been told that they may have some old gold jerseys that will fit so tight that the big linemen will hate them.

Our spring practice is currently scheduled for May as per some of the players. What are we going to do until then? I guess we'll be bigtime fans of the basketball, baseball and softball teams. The baseball and softball teams should be really good next spring.

Thanks for the complimentary membership. I didn't realize that Tiny was so good at what he does. I guess that's just one more example of "practice makes perfect".

It is my understanding that the requirement for visiting teams to wear white jerseys will start next fall. Some of the boys have been told that they may have some old gold jerseys that will fit so tight that the big linemen will hate them.

Our spring practice is currently scheduled for May as per some of the players. What are we going to do until then? I guess we'll be bigtime fans of the basketball, baseball and softball teams. The baseball and softball teams should be really good next spring.

Some people can handle the off season on their own, myself, I had to get therapy. Hang in there and try to maintain, may will be here sooner than you think. Saw PWII Jr. at Atwood other day, looking real solid. Keep him watered and fed, in the weight room, and kick him every now and then to keep him mean. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Some people can handle the off season on their own, myself, I had to get therapy. Hang in there and try to maintain, may will be here sooner than you think. Saw PWII Jr. at Atwood other day, looking real solid. Keep him watered and fed, in the weight room, and kick him every now and then to keep him mean. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hardhead70, You've needed therapy for a long time. Did it do any good? I haven't noticed any change....................................

Hey Mr. Mustang.........................How do you get a membership in that Pigskin Pals club????? I'm really pumped up for my 2009 Mustangs but they may have to put some boys out there on crutches with the schedule they have for next year. If they can stay healthy, I expect a deep run at the playoffs next year.

Hardhead70, You've needed therapy for a long time. Did it do any good? I haven't noticed any change....................................

Hey Mr. Mustang.........................How do you get a membership in that Pigskin Pals club????? I'm really pumped up for my 2009 Mustangs but they may have to put some boys out there on crutches with the schedule they have for next year. If they can stay healthy, I expect a deep run at the playoffs next year.

my therapist had to end up getting therapy /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

'oldgold70' pigskin pals is a secret organization with its origin sometime in the late 1980's.it's believed to have origioated when some of the origional members drank some bad calorad before a milan game.anyway you now have to be annointed! mr. mustang is our fearless leader probably because he and our member now residing in kentucky are the only ones old enough to remember the secret chants!