The Sequatchie Valley Jamboree

Sequatchie

Here is the Schedule for The Sequatchie Valley Jamboree TONIGHT Aug. 23 at Whitwell High School 6pm(CST) :rolleyes:

Teams will play Two Quarters Each!

1.) Whitwell Vs. Grundy Co.

2.) Bledsoe Co. Vs. Grundy Co.

3.) Bledsoe Co. VS. South Pittsburg

4.) Lookout Valley Vs. South Pittsburg

5.) Lookout Valley Vs. Sequatchie Co.

6.) Marion Co. Vs. Sequatchie Co.

7.) Whitwell Vs. Marion Co

This is always a fun football jamboree so come and see some good football! :D

[Edited by Sequatchie on 8-23-02 11:05A]

Posted by WhitVol:

When did Boyd Buchannan stop playing in the jamboree?

(I haven't been to one in a long time)

Also, are they now rotating the site of the jamboree? It used to be in S. Pitt and Jasper on different occasions, as I recall.

:confused:

I can't remember Boyd-Buchanan being in it the past 7-8 years! Notre Dame played in it for a couple of years till they started playing in Week 0 Games.

The Jamboree was scheduled to be played in Dunlap since they got the new stadium for a few years but Marion Co. didn't like the idea although it appeared that the other schools thought Sequatchie Co. did a good job hosting it. But it was decided to rotate it to schools who wanted it? Now lets just see where everyone will park tonight in Whitwell not just Fans but 7-8 Buses!! :confused:

[Edited by Sequatchie on 8-23-02 11:49A]

Posted by Sequatchie:
Posted by WhitVol:

When did Boyd Buchannan stop playing in the jamboree?

(I haven't been to one in a long time)

Also, are they now rotating the site of the jamboree? It used to be in S. Pitt and Jasper on different occasions, as I recall.

:confused:

I can't remember Boyd-Buchanan being in it the past 7-8 years! Notre Dame played in it for a couple of years till they started playing in Week 0 Games.

The Jamboree was scheduled to be played in Dunlap since they got the new stadium for a few years but Marion Co. didn't like the idea although it appeared that the other schools thought Sequatchie Co. did a good job hosting it. But it was decided to rotate it to schools who wanted it? Now lets just see where everyone will park tonight in Whitwell not just Fans but 7-8 Buses!! :confused:

[Edited by Sequatchie on 8-23-02 11:49A]

Well, highway 28 runs from I-24 straight to Crossville... Should be plenty of parking (LOL). Just kidding..

I have never liked the parking situation at Whitwell. Now, they added the new elementary school on the hill (where the old practice field used to be) and lost more parking space. It used to serve nicely for parking for home games, if you didn't mind the walk. It was a lot easier walk in the cool dark of a friday night compared to a hot august afternoon (which I did on several occasions).

I didn't know Dunlap had been hosting it. Will the rotation be permanent?

For as long as i can Remember! I played in the games during high schoo and have coach in it since graduating college. That span runs from 1988 to current. Since Dunlap got the new stadium in 1999 as I understand it they asked to host it the first year the stadium was finished which was ok except the field was not ready. The sod was terrible at the time and really should not have been played on in my opinion. Then it came back to Marion Co. the next year,2000, and it was voted on during the off season without a MCHS coach present, to rotate the game. I think in my own opinion it was assumed that the only ones who would want to host would be MCHS and Sequatchie Co. I that assumption was wrong. So 2001 was back in Dunlap 2002 in Whitwell I guess 2003 we will be in Grundy Co. or Lookout Valley or South Pittsburg who ever is up next. I felt like Sequatchie did a good job hosting the jamboree the last time but the gates have been better in Marion County than in Sequatchie and I thought that is what jamborees are for fund raisers. Who knows and who cares it is always a good atmosphere and a good start to football season "in the valley"!! :(

Yes Dunlap has had it twice I think if haven't been to Dunlap you need to come and see our new stadium she's a beauty! We also have a nice new practice field behind the stadium that will have a track when they get put in.:)

As for as Parking we can always park at Hardee's and Walk :D:(:(

[Edited by Sequatchie on 8-23-02 12:21P]

Posted by wardawg2038:

For as long as i can Remember! I played in the games during high schoo and have coach in it since graduating college. That span runs from 1988 to current. Since Dunlap got the new stadium in 1999 as I understand it they asked to host it the first year the stadium was finished which was ok except the field was not ready. The sod was terrible at the time and really should not have been played on in my opinion. Then it came back to Marion Co. the next year,2000, and it was voted on during the off season without a MCHS coach present, to rotate the game. I think in my own opinion it was assumed that the only ones who would want to host would be MCHS and Sequatchie Co. I that assumption was wrong. So 2001 was back in Dunlap 2002 in Whitwell I guess 2003 we will be in Grundy Co. or Lookout Valley or South Pittsburg who ever is up next. I felt like Sequatchie did a good job hosting the jamboree the last time but the gates have been better in Marion County than in Sequatchie and I thought that is what jamborees are for fund raisers. Who knows and who cares it is always a good atmosphere and a good start to football season "in the valley"!! :(

No disrespect but it should never be played at Lookout Valley because it is called "The Sequatchie Valley Jamboree" so it should stay in the Valley!

The jamboree was at Jasper for twenty or more years...before that is was at South Pittsburg forever. You guys get a new stadium and now you think it's the next Neyland Stadium. Don't get me wrong it is very, very nice. But not any better than Marion's or South Pittsburg. Jasper is just a better central location.

Posted by Sequatchie:
Posted by warboss:

The jamboree was at Jasper for twenty or more years...before that is was at South Pittsburg forever. You guys get a new stadium and now you think it's the next Neyland Stadium. Don't get me wrong it is very, very nice. But not any better than Marion's or South Pittsburg. Jasper is just a better central location.

I some what disagree about Jasper being a Central location with Bledsoe & Sequatchie on the North end as well as Lookout Valley coming across the mountain and where the Grundy Co. HS is now I would say Dunlap is better located because from where I live I can be at either SCHS or GCHS in the same amount of time give or take 5 mins.

It was in S. Pitt. for years before it went to Jasper. I would say Dunlap is no more out of the way that S. Pitt is. Either way, it's one night in the season and I don't consider it a problem.

I do wish I could be there tonight since Whitwell is hosting though. I'm stuck in Cynthia Mckinney land.. (God help us ALL!)

I am going to end by saying we will always disagree. Oh and bythe way what mountain on I-24 will Lookout Valley cross to get to Jasper? None. I live in Wildwood right down the road and drive it every day. About a 20 minute drive on the interstate. As for the fields. I am biased to the one in Jasper but our field is as good as anybody's around, PERIOD!! The field is lined every home game and i should know since I am involved with the process. As for Sequatchie's Stadium. It is very nice and something to be proud of but easy when talking about others. As a person who knows we acan all look back and say it was about time Dunlap got a new stadium because the old one was awful. Marion's may not be as new but it is as well built and as nice as any other in the Valley.