East Tennessee got a chance in 4A?

RebelConvert

It seems every year East Tennessee gets tripped up by Maryville. Just curious if anyone has seen both Maryville or Rhea and South or Greeneville. Don't make out of East Tennessee much with work and youngun. I know this week isn't over yet, but just curious as to what the chances are. I know South and Greeneville play well, but know nothing about Maryville and Rhea outside of their record. I know there are alot of bias, just sort of looking for someone unbiased. If there is such a thing.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my own opinion Maryville is a well coached group of kids, year in year out they are great and never seems to be a drop off in talent. They should have been 5A some time back before this reclassification ever rolled around. In no way am I looking past Greeneville but i think South has a good shot at them this year, especially w/ East TN home field advantage.

It seems every year East Tennessee gets tripped up by Maryville. Just curious if anyone has seen both Maryville or Rhea and South or Greeneville. Don't make out of East Tennessee much with work and youngun. I know this week isn't over yet, but just curious as to what the chances are. I know South and Greeneville play well, but know nothing about Maryville and Rhea outside of their record. I know there are alot of bias, just sort of looking for someone unbiased. If there is such a thing.

Man you just opened up a can 'o worms with that one.

Morristown West got lucky a few years ago and tripped up Maryville in the playoffs... an overtime game as well deciced by a FG.

Ever since, Maryville has steamrolled everyone and anyone out of east TN.

Will be the same story and same song for years to come.

Except next year its 5A and not 4A. Which, in my biased eyes, is a very good thing.

Man you just opened up a can 'o worms with that one.

Not looking for trouble. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Just wondering. Our area manager's son plays for Cleveland. He said Maryville was down this year. I can't say I don't believe him because he has power to terminate me. However, Maryville laid a whoopin on Cleveland. I know Maryville shouldn't be in 4A. I just really want East Tennessee to pull through this year. Just want to know if Greeneville or South can get it done. Wheter they play Maryville or Rhea. Sorry Rhea Co. for not giving you love. Just going on the fact it's been Maryville for how many years?

Sullivan South and Greeneville great teams. I really like Sullivan South this year. If they do play MARYVILLE next week in Kingsport. I wanna pick Sullivan South, but my gut feeling tells me that MARYVILLE will win /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> When you think you have a shot at them they put you down. But, you never know?

Sullivan South and Greeneville great teams. I really like Sullivan South this year. If they do play MARYVILLE next week in Kingsport. I wanna pick Sullivan South, but my gut feeling tells me that MARYVILLE will win /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> When you think you have a shot at them they put you down. But, you never know?

I think all 3 teams have a shot, but then again, it is Maryville.

I don't know anything about Rhea Co, so sorry I dont say much about you. Greeneville, I saw play South earlier in the year, with Greenway. They dont have him anymore, plus they have Barner now. So I really cant say anything about them either. BUT, what I can say is South is a very good team again this year, and IF they are fortunate enough to win this Friday, and so does Maryville, I think it will be a close game between the two.

Last year in the semis, it was anybodys game for the first half. I think South is better this year than that first half team from the semis last year, but like I said, it's Maryville.

Bein' that Sullyvun South, Greenvul, Ray County, and Mairvul's all from "East Tennessee" eye thank thay've got a chance......... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

No offense but I'm talking far EAST Tennessee. Guess I needed to be more clear because if you aren't smack dab in the middle then your either east or west. My bad! No matter what get your /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> ready!

No offense but I'm talking far EAST Tennessee. Guess I needed to be more clear because if you aren't smack dab in the middle then your either east or west. My bad! No matter what get your /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> ready!

I really think Sullivan South has a good chance at Maryville "IF" they don't surrender 14 points right off the bat. If they hang around with ya for a lil bit,the best thing that SS does is close out games. It's all a mind game FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS,STUDY FILM and KNOW YOUR JOB /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> as for this week Greenville. Stop Hall and you win easily. Barner is still not 100% and all they will do is run the zone /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />