Kentucky schools wanting a taste of Alcoa?

CGALUM07

Ok, so ive been hearing rumors around the camp fire that a few teams from KY are trying to play Alcoa next year during the regular season. I live right on the border of TN and KY and i played Alcoa two times in my football career. The two teams that are trying to play Alcoa are Middlesboro, a decent team that tried to run the spread this year and hasnt faired too well at it, and Bell county, who runs the dive so many times in a game that you cant keep count, but its effective against the teams they play and they will probably win the state championship doing it. Personally i hope that Alcoa picks Bell because i just really can not stand them and i would like to see Alcoa shut them up. Anyway, if anyone knows anything about this, let us all on here know because it would be great to have a tornado pass through this county and wipe out some bobcats for a change!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So lemme tell ya, I go to college in KY and their definition of football is TOTALLY different than Tennessee! For Alcoa to play a KY team(especially from the west side of the state) would be like them playing a team like Dresden that was 0-10 this year. If Alcoa really wants to play some talented out of state teams, they need to travel to Alabama!!! The only team I think Alcoa could match up to in Western KY would be Mayfield, but they are even down this year. i mean if Alcoa wants an easy win on the schedule, then sure pick a KY team. But if they want a challenge, lets go to Alabama!

Kentucky schools focus most of their effort in their marching band programs. Marching band is HUGE up here. Alot more so than in TN. I've been to a couple of HS football games in KY and seriously people come to watch the band at half-time...then leave!! I just couldn't believe it. Especially since I was in band in high school! I was like holy crap, respect for the band??? what's that?? LoL

Anyway, this is just my opinion since I've been around these schools for a few years.

So lemme tell ya, I go to college in KY and their definition of football is TOTALLY different than Tennessee! For Alcoa to play a KY team would be like them playing a team like Dresden that was 0-10 this year. If Alcoa really wants to play some talented out of state teams, they need to travel to Alabama!!! The only team I think Alcoa could match up to in KY would be Mayfield, but they are even down this year. i mean if Alcoa wants an easy win on the schedule, then sure pick a KY team.

Ever heard of Trinity? St. X? Highlands?

While I agree to an extent about Kentucky football, to talk about Kentucky football and not include at least those three programs is shortsighted.

Well im not sure about those two teams but i do know that since rankin came in to Alcoa we have tried to contact and maybe set up a game with Trigg Co. KY. We played them back in 05 or 06 and beat em by a good 4 scores

The Trigg co statement is totally off. Alcoa coaches have said they will NEVER return to trigg, co where they played Hopkinsville high school in 2005. The bell co rumor is very true but alcoa will try to schedule tennessee teams first and if they cant then they will put bell co on the schedule for next season. Right now they are just waiting to see what happens with the teams they are calling. After scheduling maryville, fulton and mcminn for non-region games they still have two fo find.

Ever heard of Trinity? St. X? Highlands?

While I agree to an extent about Kentucky football, to talk about Kentucky football and not include at least those three programs is shortsighted.

No I haven't. I've only really dealt with the teams in the Western side of the state so as far as teams in Lexington, or Bowling Greene, or Louisville....anything East of Owensboro really, I don't know much about. But they were commenting on Trigg Co. and I DO know their program and it's no comparison to a TN team.

No I haven't. I've only really dealt with the teams in the Western side of the state so as far as teams in Lexington, or Bowling Greene, or Louisville....anything East of Owensboro really, I don't know much about. But they were commenting on Trigg Co. and I DO know their program and it's no comparison to a TN team.

There are several pretty good teams in Western Ky. Mayfield is not one of them right now. Fort Campbell comes to mind. They are 2a in Ky...but i don't think they could compete with Alcoa.

if they want to play good teams why don't they go down to georgia or have georgia come to them. there are some really good teams on the border of tennessee and georgia.

Nah........we'll stay in state and play bad teams like Maryville, Fulton, etc................. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

So lemme tell ya, I go to college in KY and their definition of football is TOTALLY different than Tennessee! For Alcoa to play a KY team(especially from the west side of the state) would be like them playing a team like Dresden that was 0-10 this year. If Alcoa really wants to play some talented out of state teams, they need to travel to Alabama!!! The only team I think Alcoa could match up to in Western KY would be Mayfield, but they are even down this year. i mean if Alcoa wants an easy win on the schedule, then sure pick a KY team. But if they want a challenge, lets go to Alabama!

Kentucky schools focus most of their effort in their marching band programs. Marching band is HUGE up here. Alot more so than in TN. I've been to a couple of HS football games in KY and seriously people come to watch the band at half-time...then leave!! I just couldn't believe it. Especially since I was in band in high school! I was like holy crap, respect for the band??? what's that?? LoL

Anyway, this is just my opinion since I've been around these schools for a few years.

I AGREE I LIVE IN BAMA NOW.

RUSSELLVILLE WOULD BE A GREAT OPPONENT

DESHLER

BROOKS

PRATTVILLE

HALEYVILLE

Well im not sure about those two teams but i do know that since rankin came in to Alcoa we have tried to contact and maybe set up a game with Trigg Co. KY. We played them back in 05 or 06 and beat em by a good 4 scores

Ya'll need to schedule somebody besides Maryville!!

I AGREE I LIVE IN BAMA NOW.

RUSSELLVILLE WOULD BE A GREAT OPPONENT

DESHLER

BROOKS

PRATTVILLE

HALEYVILLE

PRATTVILLE would thump Alcoa!