Morristown East Hurricanes

canefan72

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah well hopefully east has a good season this year, it would be the right time seeing as how much talent they have. There defense is what is questionable.

Any idea when spring outside practice begins ? East did lose several defensive

players. I look for T Howell to play both ways this year as his speed will be

needed for pass coverage . Several kids will have to step up in a hurry or this

will be a long season.

Any idea when spring outside practice begins ? East did lose several defensive

players. I look for T Howell to play both ways this year as his speed will be

needed for pass coverage . Several kids will have to step up in a hurry or this

will be a long season.

The sky is falling!!!!!!! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

We will be OK on the D side of the ball. We did lose some guys but we have depth and will be just fine. Wait and see. Spring practice is slated for May but not sure of the date yet.

DE Up for grabs

DT Up for grabs

DT Christian*

DE Fields*

SLB Bell

MLB Helton*

WLB Up for grabs

CB Howell*

SS Broyles*

FS Clark*

CB Blanton*

* Started games as either a so. or jr. or both.

The positions that are up for grabs have several players that can get the job done but we will have to see who wins the spot.

• 2 weeks later...

Spring Practice

April 27,28,30

May 4,5,7,11,12,13,14

Scrimmages with Sullivan East & Volunteer. Dates,time and location for scrimmages will be posted when I get them.

What happen in the weight room? I read about it, in the morristown newspaper. I was really looking

forward to spring practice & see how this team looks. What is the biggest concern East's will have, for

the 2009-2010 season? GO CANES!

Talking to a friend of mine that works at East, there were several players involved in a hazing incident in the locker room. Several prominent players were involved, including the son of a prominent school figure.

I wonder what this hazing incident ,will have on team chemistrie. I hope the young man who was hazed,

can forgive them. I am really glad you didn't name any of the young men, I would say most of them

are sorry it ever happen. GO Canes!

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder what this hazing incident ,will have on team chemistrie. I hope the young man who was hazed,

can forgive them. I am really glad you didn't name any of the young men, I would say most of them

are sorry it ever happen. GO Canes!

Eastfan--

East had their 1st day of practice today and all is well on the home front. Players all

seemed in shape and eager to get it on. East numbers are up this year with the

addition of last years Freshmen . The team speed has not lost a step on offense .

East should get a reading of how far along they are on May 7th when they travel to

Sullivan East . Both teams get a chance to check out their personnel in various positions.

On May 15 Volunteer comes down to East for a scrimmage. I believe East will be

competitive when the season gets underway.

• 2 weeks later...

Eastfan--

East had their 1st day of practice today and all is well on the home front. Players all

seemed in shape and eager to get it on. East numbers are up this year with the

addition of last years Freshmen . The team speed has not lost a step on offense .

East should get a reading of how far along they are on May 7th when they travel to

Sullivan East . Both teams get a chance to check out their personnel in various positions.

On May 15 Volunteer comes down to East for a scrimmage. I believe East will be

competitive when the season gets underway.

52---

Are the scrimmage games for May 7 and May 15 still on ? East fans need to verify

whether the May 7 scrimmage will be played . It is a long drive if the game has

been scratched.