claiborne ?

mrv1

I watched Claiborne play at Campbell last night. Claiborne players play hard but the X's and O's may be lacking again this season. Claiborne came back from a large deficit and came within a few points only to see the X and O decisions take place. The fans I sat with last night told me that Claiborne had already had an all-district player from last year quit the team. I was impressed by the young players.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched Claiborne play at Campbell last night. Claiborne players play hard but the X's and O's may be lacking again this season. Claiborne came back from a large deficit and came within a few points only to see the X and O decisions take place. The fans I sat with last night told me that Claiborne had already had an all-district player from last year quit the team. I was impressed by the young players.

as long as cook stays coach, it will always be the same . Just like the other team in the county - cumberland gap lady panthers. LOT'S OF TALENT, NOT ENOUGH COACHING!

Here we go again with Claiborne. Clearly, the powers that be do not wish to have quality programs. Until the community changes that situation, the teams will continue to be mediocre. Everybody can't win the regional title every year anyway, so just sit back and enjoy your mediocrity. Somebody will have to get a win when Claiborne plays Cumberland Gap. I never blame players or coaches, the real culprits are almost always weak administrators and school board members with personal agendas. The only people who can change them are the ones who vote them in or out of office. Have some fun with it!

Here we go again with Claiborne. Clearly, the powers that be do not wish to have quality programs. Until the community changes that situation, the teams will continue to be mediocre. Everybody can't win the regional title every year anyway, so just sit back and enjoy your mediocrity. Somebody will have to get a win when Claiborne plays Cumberland Gap. I never blame players or coaches, the real culprits are almost always weak administrators and school board members with personal agendas. The only people who can change them are the ones who vote them in or out of office. Have some fun with it!

wow! now here's someone that really knows what their talking about. O nly been here 10 yrs but been in several counties in my lifetime and i've never seen anything like claiborne county! folks around here talk like it's just a way of life and we have to deal with it. I've heard countless of times,' Oh, it's like this everywhere". well i'm here to tell anyone that will listen, no it is not! I have never heard of such politics in my 71 yrs of life. I got educated friday night at the ball game - an this was by a politician in this community! He discussed with me about the moving around of all the teachers in this county and who was to gain from it, not even taking into consideration what their really there for -- the children- i mean isn't that what it's all about? what i can't understand tho is why administrators of these schools don't do whats right for the children and the sports programs? where i came from the administrators were held accountable for their sports programs, if the program looked bad so did they and changes were made in order for them to keep their jobs. No one cares anymore, at least in this county, about that athlete who's sure looking at a scholarship if only they had the right training. From what i'm hearing, parents are having to do the leg work on that, and i promise that's the coaches job. Oh i wish i were a bit younger i'd be running for office and really shake things up in this county. The "good ole boys" club, as i heard it, would cease to exist!

wow! now here's someone that really knows what their talking about. O nly been here 10 yrs but been in several counties in my lifetime and i've never seen anything like claiborne county! folks around here talk like it's just a way of life and we have to deal with it. I've heard countless of times,' Oh, it's like this everywhere". well i'm here to tell anyone that will listen, no it is not! I have never heard of such politics in my 71 yrs of life. I got educated friday night at the ball game - an this was by a politician in this community! He discussed with me about the moving around of all the teachers in this county and who was to gain from it, not even taking into consideration what their really there for -- the children- i mean isn't that what it's all about? what i can't understand tho is why administrators of these schools don't do whats right for the children and the sports programs? where i came from the administrators were held accountable for their sports programs, if the program looked bad so did they and changes were made in order for them to keep their jobs. No one cares anymore, at least in this county, about that athlete who's sure looking at a scholarship if only they had the right training. From what i'm hearing, parents are having to do the leg work on that, and i promise that's the coaches job. Oh i wish i were a bit younger i'd be running for office and really shake things up in this county. The "good ole boys" club, as i heard it, would cease to exist!

i have to disagree with you on one thing coachh17. I take it your a coach? you stated that you never blamed coaches or players! well, i was a coach for many yrs and many of times i had to swallow my pride and accept that a loss was due to my mistake and the taste was bitter but as a coach there are many responsibilities and one of them as a high school coach is your expected to win. If my players didn't play to my expectations and the way i knew they could play - and we took a loss due to that - i blamed them, not the administration and they suffered the consequences, as a team, the next practice session. sorry if you don't agree with my coaching methods but they were effective.

I am saying that it is not the coaches fault that they hired her and choose to keep her on. It is also not the players fault that they may be playing for a coach that is in over her head. I don't know this coach and this particular group of players. I am a former coach and we had some good games with Claiborne a few years back. This political mess started last year and the Claiborne program has suffered. Something is not right, it is hard to tell where the rsponsibility lies. I agree with you that coaches and players have personal responsibility for how they perform night in and night out, but a lot of the things that go in to building a successful program are out of their control.

I am saying that it is not the coaches fault that they hired her and choose to keep her on. It is also not the players fault that they may be playing for a coach that is in over her head. I don't know this coach and this particular group of players. I am a former coach and we had some good games with Claiborne a few years back. This political mess started last year and the Claiborne program has suffered. Something is not right, it is hard to tell where the rsponsibility lies. I agree with you that coaches and players have personal responsibility for how they perform night in and night out, but a lot of the things that go in to building a successful program are out of their control.

from what i'm hearing, the political mess has caused other teams/programs to also suffer in this area. good observation

from what i'm hearing, the political mess has caused other teams/programs to also suffer in this area. good observation

Without question the program isn't where it was a few years ago. Claiborne went from top-notch coach to one that isn't bad, the current coach just can't prepare these players for a very competitive schedule like he could. I think that is why Claiborne has down graded its schedule so that it can be competitive with all of its opponents. Their fans are some of the most supportive around and expect to one of the top teams in E TN. I still think that they have a very talented underclassmen.

Claiborne County beat hancock by 12 last week. They are 1-1. They lost to Campbell County by 20 earlier. I was not impressed by neither hancock or claiborne county. I've been watching these two teams play for nearly 30 years. It was the smallest crowd that I've ever seen at this game. Both programs have went from state contenders to district competitors in only a few years. It is sad.

Claiborne County beat hancock by 12 last week. They are 1-1. They lost to Campbell County by 20 earlier. I was not impressed by neither hancock or claiborne county. I've been watching these two teams play for nearly 30 years. It was the smallest crowd that I've ever seen at this game. Both programs have went from state contenders to district competitors in only a few years. It is sad.

Claiborne has not been a state contender but always a contender for a possible state tournament seed. They have been regional contenders for years. True, they are now only contenders for a district championship. I did watch the Hancock game. Their schedule is also weak when compared to previous years. They may simply need to carefully look at the future of the program again at the end of this season. I didnt think this coach was a bad elementary coach but the high school game and this program may demand more then what can be done. Claiborne's weak schedule will hurt them come regional tourney time.

Claiborne has not been a state contender but always a contender for a possible state tournament seed. They have been regional contenders for years. True, they are now only contenders for a district championship. I did watch the Hancock game. Their schedule is also weak when compared to previous years. They may simply need to carefully look at the future of the program again at the end of this season. I didnt think this coach was a bad elementary coach but the high school game and this program may demand more then what can be done. Claiborne's weak schedule will hurt them come regional tourney time.

I agree.