Tullahoma Girls Basketball 2008-09

Skipper

Nothing happened they are not missing any players, talked to coach tonight to confirm this. MJUHB has lost his mind, i dont know where he is getting his information. Give the girls a break!! Tullahoma is building a strong base, if the parents will work with them and be patient there will be good things happen in the future.

MJUHB has not lost his mind.

Fact: the following young ladies did not return from last years roster:

Chanel Trice, Lyndsay Lester, Stephanie Mullins, Jenna Larson, Katlin Buchanan, and Whitney Souviney.

In addition, four young ladies (Julia Jernigan, Kellen Pearson, Dearia Johns, and Lisa Dicker) left the team after the spring team experience and Ms. Souviney didn't participate on the spring team because of softball. Two were given ultimatums to show up for open gym or they would not be allowed to play on the school team and two left because they were involved in other sports and basketball season was long over as well as the spring team play. (By the way, I believe two of these young ladies were all conference players in middle school along with Ms. Brock and they can sing too.)

Ms. Dicker was allowed to return without trying out while the other four participated in tryouts. Three were again selected for the team one was cut but the four have not seen much playing time.

Believe you me the girls do need a break! No one is bashing the girls. The win loss record speaks for itself. If all the talent exists that has been referenced, then one can only arrive at one conclusion.

I would like nothing more than to see this program succeed but there are issues beyond those posted on this site.

Katlin Buchanan is a very good ball player and an all around athlete. It amazes me that she would be cut from any team. She is a very nice young lady, she seems to get along well with her peers, has always been well mannered and respectful whenever I have seen her. Her mother is an avid supporter of whatever sport her daughter participates, so not only have both the basketball and soccer teams suffered but so has the booster club for both basketball and soccer. In addition, when players are driven off, the revenue that their parents and supporters bring to a program is driven off as well as is clearly evident by looking at the stands.

Good luck in Shelbyville Katlin!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MJUHB has not lost his mind.

Fact: the following young ladies did not return from last years roster:

Chanel Trice, Lyndsay Lester, Stephanie Mullins, Jenna Larson, Katlin Buchanan, and Whitney Souviney.

In addition, four young ladies (Julia Jernigan, Kellen Pearson, Dearia Johns, and Lisa Dicker) left the team after the spring team experience and Ms. Souviney didn't participate on the spring team because of softball. Two were given ultimatums to show up for open gym or they would not be allowed to play on the school team and two left because they were involved in other sports and basketball season was long over as well as the spring team play. (By the way, I believe two of these young ladies were all conference players in middle school along with Ms. Brock and they can sing too.)

Ms. Dicker was allowed to return without trying out while the other four participated in tryouts. Three were again selected for the team one was cut but the four have not seen much playing time.

Believe you me the girls do need a break! No one is bashing the girls. The win loss record speaks for itself. If all the talent exists that has been referenced, then one can only arrive at one conclusion.

I would like nothing more than to see this program succeed but there are issues beyond those posted on this site.

Katlin Buchanan is a very good ball player and an all around athlete. It amazes me that she would be cut from any team. She is a very nice young lady, she seems to get along well with her peers, has always been well mannered and respectful whenever I have seen her. Her mother is an avid supporter of whatever sport her daughter participates, so not only have both the basketball and soccer teams suffered but so has the booster club for both basketball and soccer. In addition, when players are driven off, the revenue that their parents and supporters bring to a program is driven off as well as is clearly evident by looking at the stands.

Good luck in Shelbyville Katlin!

All right, you have skirted around the problems. What does all of this mean? The Tullahoma situation keeps going on, evidently there is a huge amount of talent there. Is there conflicts between coaches? Why doesn't the principal get involved in this if the coaches can't resolve this? This goes on from year to year.

While the school season does not overlap, the girls have opportunities to play year-round in basketball and soccer. I believe that soccer now has a non-school indoor season that overlaps basketball. I think the school basketball and soccer teams have camps in the summer that may overlap, and soccer players on summer traveling teams are unable to participate in summer basketball camps. I think the high school coaches of the various sports encourage their players to commit to their sport over the others, and are not very supportive of the players wanting to do other activities as well.

That is true, but coaches better start changing their way of thinking. Basketball coaches are losing players right and left to other sports all over the state. They may say that they encourage you in other sports, but they want you in AAU in the summer. The one sport athlete is becoming the thing of the past.

Congratulations to the Lady Cats, with back-to-back road wins against Moore County and Coffee County! The win over Coffee County was their first District win in several years.

Good start overall with a win vs CC, and not a bad showing tonight vs Shelbyville. Tullahoma will probably not win the district, but look for them to upset the apple cart for some teams this year. Good job Lady Wildcats!

The win over CC was the first district win since 04' year. These lady cats are a fundamental group of girls just not any size. They played Shelbyville tough for almost 3 quarters tonight when their point guard Thornburg went down with a knee injury possibly ACL...but not for certain yet maybe someone else knows some news on that...i think it might be the same knee she injured at the end of last season. Good Luck Lady Cats!

The win over CC was the first district win since 04' year. These lady cats are a fundamental group of girls just not any size. They played Shelbyville tough for almost 3 quarters tonight when their point guard Thornburg went down with a knee injury possibly ACL...but not for certain yet maybe someone else knows some news on that...i think it might be the same knee she injured at the end of last season. Good Luck Lady Cats!

I was very impressed with Tullahoma last night. Tough defense, didn't turn the ball over much, they won't finish last this year in the district. Good coach. They did hang tough all night in Shelbyville.