Knox Halls

HaveitYourWay

After seeing what Webb was loosing, Coach J made a good choice with Webb. If you think you get better playing good teams why do we play Gibbs, we ought to keep playing Maryville then Farragut, if that is what will make us get more better. After going 4-6 this year, we better be looking for easy wins cause our district is going to be tuff enought.

I dont know about you devilsden, but im kinda looking forward to the new district. The only teams in it that we dont already play is Karns and Hardin Valley. We play Anderson Co. and Oak Ridge and Campbell Co. every year anyway. We finally got rid of Maryville, but we may pick them up in a non district game. Our coach said that he would still like to play Maryville even though they weren't in our district anymore.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Halls will be in a transition mode again. Coach Williams second year at the helm of the offense I think he will make some more changes to fit the personel at his disposal. I hope we find a threat at QB this year. I'm glad we lose Maryville but the other games are going to be mouth watering especially AC back on the schedule not much love lost there between both schools.

I think we will be ok and you have to keep Gibbs it's a big revenue game.

We havent played Oak Ridge in probably 15-20 years. If we wont to play other tuff teams we ought to keep playing Maryville and pick up Farragut. We use to play Farragut but then we stopped, for what reason I dont know. Gibbs is always a win, I think they beat us 1 time in about 50 tries (actually 30-35 tries) but that game dont help us get ready for tuff region games.

I agree but you need a feel good game during the season. At the moment that is Gibbs. But whos to say in a couple of years it could be Farragut. I have seen Farragut teams that were sad just like the Oak Ridge program this year. With the close proximity of the schools and the student competitive nature it would be a shame to lose Gibbs again. I like the natural rivalries with Central, Powell & Gibbs. Plus the driving distance isn't that bad and believe me gasoline will go up big time in the not to distant future. I'm glad the trip to Lenoir City is now a memory. Nothing against the Panthers it's just to far for a lackluster game.

Yea, Halls will be in a transition mode once again if we leave the little fellar at OC. Put Dowdy at QB and learn to throw the football or get the h*** out of coaching. I dont wont to hear this crap about we dont have quality receivers that can sprint past everybody down field. We aint never had them and we aint never going to have them. Teach how to run routes and time up throws and quit blaming it on the kids. Its the coaches fault if we cant find sombody to throw the ball and catch it. And if you cant teach it get some different coaches.

If we dont play Gibbs ther egoes one sure fire win. That will be almost as bad as having the little fellar calling his famous wing-t crap again this year.

Yea, Halls will be in a transition mode once again if we leave the little fellar at OC. Put Dowdy at QB and learn to throw the football or get the h*** out of coaching. I dont wont to hear this crap about we dont have quality receivers that can sprint past everybody down field. We aint never had them and we aint never going to have them. Teach how to run routes and time up throws and quit blaming it on the kids. Its the coaches fault if we cant find sombody to throw the ball and catch it. And if you cant teach it get some different coaches.

If we dont play Gibbs ther egoes one sure fire win. That will be almost as bad as having the little fellar calling his famous wing-t crap again this year.

Before we go schedule another high school Southern Cal, if I'm not mistaken, only the top 2 (not 4 as before) teams from each region class automatically make the playoffs under the new system.

Kind of like the old college BSC system.

Which I take to mean it makes your regular season win-loss record much more important because if you are not 1 or 2 in your region class, you will be competing not only agaist your other 3rd place & lower regional opponents but also those from other districts/regions as well.

So not so many 3-7 rural region playoff makers.

Plus one of the tie breakers may be points scored (again like old BCS system).

So if that means scheduling a "weaker" opponent or two with a large gate potential, so be it.

The goal is to make the playoffs & play in the final TSSAA game of the year.

Also, after the way this year went, other schools may just want to schedule US.

We will probably start off under the playoff radar next year.

Good, we play better as underdogs anyway.

Red Devils you simply must bust it harder than ever this offseason,

good luck.

Maybe you forgot a kid named Dayton. He punished Maryville when the coaches leaned on the passing game. I'm not getting into a offensive coaching call out but it isn't the receivers believe me it was the QB selection. We have decent receivers we haven't had any one to throw the ball to them since Lucas left and he didn't get a fair shake on throwing that often. Gresham will be a good target next year if we want to look for him. By that I mean position our team with a formation that works to be successful. We don't seem to get that right to often and so the beat goes on till that time.

I remember Daniel Dayton, I remember him well. But what routes did we throw to him? Go, deep ins or Post, corner route. Have some different things like the colleges do. I think they call them read routes. Do we go to clinics to learn new ideas in the passing game? I be t we dont. Now how in the world can you learn if you dont put in the effort to go to clinics to TRY and learn new things?

I have to agree with Devilsden. We need to explore and develop passing leagues. Can't we get one of our so called assistant coaches to work on that alone. Running game is fine lets get better.

Also, the lineman blocking for the passing game has a lot to be desired. Don't we run block on most passing formations and use the element of suprise. Well nobody was surprised last year as our QB ran for his life and tucked the ball for little if no gains.

baseballmad,

Finally somebody with a little football sence agrees with what I say. I dont know if the answer is passing leagues or not, bubt I dont think our coaches go to clinics and try to find out passing game plays to use. It seems the only passes we throw regularly are bootleggs and other types of action play passes.

Why dont we throw some quick passes like little 3-4 yard routes, fly flickers, reverse passes? SOMETHING to jizz up the offense. I'm tired of the same old crap and blaming it on the kids 'casue we cant run fast enough'.

• 2 weeks later...

baseballmad,

Finally somebody with a little football sence agrees with what I say. I dont know if the answer is passing leagues or not, bubt I dont think our coaches go to clinics and try to find out passing game plays to use. It seems the only passes we throw regularly are bootleggs and other types of action play passes.

Why dont we throw some quick passes like little 3-4 yard routes, fly flickers, reverse passes? SOMETHING to jizz up the offense. I'm tired of the same old crap and blaming it on the kids 'casue we cant run fast enough'.

What the heck is a fly flicker?