St. Benedict head coaching position

Ace5

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was your record this year? Did you beat anyone in the conference? Is the pay comparable to the other schools in your conference?

2-8 record, beat no one in region (only 4 in the region, next year only 3), no the pay is no where near comparable. The team does have some athletes.

• 3 weeks later...

Playing in D2 may prove much too difficult for your school unless they are going to allow you to get athletes like everyone else in the league. You don't have great facilities, you are not going to "out coach" anyone in D2 and the school will not allow you to go and get athletes. Any combination of the above is a recepie for failure. Do like Notre Dame & Catholic and go D1 where you will have the opportunity to compete.

Playing in D2 may prove much too difficult for your school unless they are going to allow you to get athletes like everyone else in the league. You don't have great facilities, you are not going to "out coach" anyone in D2 and the school will not allow you to go and get athletes. Any combination of the above is a recepie for failure. Do like Notre Dame & Catholic and go D1 where you will have the opportunity to compete.

I agree with all those points. The facilities are not as good as everyone else's and they won't let anybody recruit over there. It would still be tough going D1 but maybe could have more success, but they won't because their girl sports are so good and it is 75% all girls. They need to hire a young hire energy guy that will try and get it turned around. I think Coach Jordan should probably get it because he fits that and has a good relationship with the kids at the high school and middle. The middle school has been successful but the kids end up going to Christian Brothers. Anyway I wish them the best since I am no longer there.

I agree with all those points. The facilities are not as good as everyone else's and they won't let anybody recruit over there. It would still be tough going D1 but maybe could have more success, but they won't because their girl sports are so good and it is 75% all girls. They need to hire a young hire energy guy that will try and get it turned around. I think Coach Jordan should probably get it because he fits that and has a good relationship with the kids at the high school and middle. The middle school has been successful but the kids end up going to Christian Brothers. Anyway I wish them the best since I am no longer there.

Don't take this the wrong way but answer the following question: Why would any good young coach take the job if they don't stand a good chance of being successful (going deep in the playoffs) most every season? Part of being a great coaching is knowing what jobs to stay away from!!!!!

Don't take this the wrong way but answer the following question: Why would any good young coach take the job if they don't stand a good chance of being successful (going deep in the playoffs) most every season? Part of being a great coaching is knowing what jobs to stay away from!!!!!

Not taken the wrong way. That is why I think Coach Jordan should take the job. He knows what it would take to try and get the job done having been on staff there the last 3 yrs. I think he has the optimism as well. Also there have been many programs that have been down and the right guy come in and turn it around. There are some athletes at St. Benedict to be competitive. If someone can come in there and start winning then some of the athletes that have been going other places will come over.

• 4 weeks later...