Morgan County Schools need to consodilate..............

TigerDog

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be funny to see who the coach would be. With all new coaches throughout the county who would be the best pick? Or do you think they would find someone with no ties to either school? I personally think consolidation will never happen but it would be fun.

Consolidation would be the best thing for all involved. But knowing that neck of the woods like I do I think world war 3 would break out. Because all those little communities think they are superior to the other imo.

I can't seem to remember--where is Coalfield playing this Friday night????

Yes the Dogs took the Jackets this year.

Oh, i can't seem to remember... When was the last time anyone in the county made the playoffs..That is besides Coalfield. I know Wartburg is 2A, but 1-39?? Wartburg people just need to forget the football threads and stick to the non-contact sports that GIRLS can play. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Consolidation would be the best thing for all involved. But knowing that neck of the woods like I do I think world war 3 would break out. Because all those little communities think they are superior to the other imo.

You are right there. There would be alot of politics involved, who had the most pull. Thats why you should start anew, hire coaches not affilated with any school in the county. Just a dream I know. There wouldn't be enough pots for the local elected officials to put their hands in with one high school.

Build the school in Wartburg. 12 miles from Sunbright, around 12 from Coalfield, 16 from Oakdale, 16 from Deer Lodge, 18 from Burrville, and around 22 from Chestnut Ridge (Shake Rag). Thats not that bad. Counties all over the state have done it. It could be done. Morgan County isn't that big.

The distance isn't the issue, its the time. There are kids that ride the bus over an hour to get to school. Even if they built the school in Wartburg, there would still be elementary and middle schools in Sunbright, Coalfield, and Oakdale. The bus routes would stay the same for all the schools, but now the high school kids would have to stay on the buses from Sunbright or Coalfield to Wartburg. The state has limits on how long a kid can ride a bus to school and this would be getting awfully close to that limit.