What does district 5AA look like next year?

fallguy

I sure hope you and everyone else keeps thinking that way. The cheifs have a GREAT young coach and a team that is hungry for success!! Keep up the hard work chiefs! Much improved! Go Cheifs!

dont get me wrong, they do have a wonderful coach that i know very well... but his team is pitiful! they will NEVER stand a chance in 5AA... cause after central drops off AFTER THIS YEAR its either meigs turn to run the show again, or polk will step in w/ their young talent and take over... the only even decent player they have is that little shortstop that was a freshman last year, but a sophomore cannot carry a team on his back alone. especially over a team loaded w/ senior leadership like central is this year

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they have done a pretty good job the past 3 years and this year should be their best. they have only had trouble with 3 teams that matter. (meigs, marion, goodpasture) and the 2 times the got beat by goodpasture they went on to win the state. so im thinkin thats dominant. what other team in 5-aa has dominated like that. im pretty sure they are the only ones.

meigs has won the district twice out of the last three years.

meigs has won the district twice out of the last three years.

like a said. the chargers have had trouble with three teams and meigs was one of the ones stated. and like pounder said. after they lost roberts, garland, medows and rayl they took a hit. meigs will have to rely on dakota to step up and do his thing on the bump. the tigers have alot of young tallent and they are a scrappy bunch but the coaching situation might play a role on the as well. we will all find out when the season kicks off.

like a said. the chargers have had trouble with three teams and meigs was one of the ones stated. and like pounder said. after they lost roberts, garland, medows and rayl they took a hit. meigs will have to rely on dakota to step up and do his thing on the bump. the tigers have alot of young tallent and they are a scrappy bunch but the coaching situation might play a role on the as well. we will all find out when the season kicks off.

Every team loses quality players each year, its the teams that can reload that win year after year. Mcginnis will most likely be the best pitcher in the district. Central should be the top team, but they also lost Shaw, who was Centrals ace for 3 years. Polk also lost two of the best pitchers in the district last year. This district could have the best sophomore class in the state. Polk ,Sequoyah, and Meigs are all loaded with sophomores who started as freshman. Central also has some quality sophmores but will rely on seniors to handle the load. Boyd could be the sleeper here because you never know who might transfer to a private school. Meigs is on their third coach in 3 years, that could be a factor.

Will McMinn Central continue its dominance?

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!! Baseball season. Central has not dominated this district. They won their district championship last year in a long time! They should repeat in 09 becuase the district is down this year. But, Meigs and Boyd could challenge. I hope they make it to the 'boro but I dont think they will. No pitching depth and they havent proven they can get past Marion and Goodpasture.

so why is the sequoyah fanatic not talking on this forum?? but yeah, i see the standings being central, polk, meigs in that order. and maybe throw boyd in there cause i have no idea how they look this year... central will dominate every single district game. especially if they can get aderhold back to 100%... polk vs meigs will probably the most entertaining series of the whole season for this district... both teams are very young w/ young talent... but i think polk will beat them

they did... but they dropped off and will remain down again this season. when they lost roberts they went down hill. now they've lost rayl and meadows... not looking good except for rowland this season

Rowland is their only player huh??? They have a major league arm anchoring a pitching rotation that is pretty solid. Yes they lost players from last years team but none of which really mattered. With Rowland, McKinney and Crabtree in the middle of the lineup, and the Malone kid that has developed into a pretty solid player, this team I believe will not lose a district game.

Rowland is their only player huh??? They have a major league arm anchoring a pitching rotation that is pretty solid. Yes they lost players from last years team but none of which really mattered. With Rowland, McKinney and Crabtree in the middle of the lineup, and the Malone kid that has developed into a pretty solid player, this team I believe will not lose a district game.

Howie Meadows and Tyler Moore didn't matter? These two have been key pieces in that line up for the past three years.

You are an idiot for even making a comment like that about Meadows, and Moore.. They did more for that team than any of them players you named did put together! Thats a disgrace that you would even get on the internet and post something like that about them two fine young men. But i guess the football team didnt miss them either did they?? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Im sure baseball will be the same way. You can deny it all you want, but you know losing Rayl, Meadows, and Moore hurt that team ALOT. And the comment about them not losing a district game /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> guess we will see..

You are an idiot for even making a comment like that about Meadows, and Moore.. They did more for that team than any of them players you named did put together! Thats a disgrace that you would even get on the internet and post something like that about them two fine young men. But i guess the football team didnt miss them either did they?? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Im sure baseball will be the same way. You can deny it all you want, but you know losing Rayl, Meadows, and Moore hurt that team ALOT. And the comment about them not losing a district game /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> guess we will see..

Easy there canadian, you may blow a gasket. That statement about those two is not worth a response. No need to stoop to that level. Both kids were nice players. As I said before graduation hits everyone. People will be saying how central misses this group of seniors next year. People say this at every school each year but the game continues.