Oneida hosts Trousdale

remade28

I'd like to meet several of the posters from both schools tomorrow night, I'll be wearing My famous Chiefs coat. Just lookingforward to a great ballgame by 2 classy programs. This is not the State Championship this year, I really believe the West may be able to compete this year. I'll be pulling for for either team that wins. Like um both ,but GOOOOOOOOOOOO INNNNJJJUUUUNNNSSSSSSSSSSS.

Hey pujo ,Im glad to see you will be coming to the game. Im also glad to hear you pull for Oneida. I tried to find you a roster the other day , I couldn't find one anywhere on the net.I have one ,but i don't have a scanner.I also like TC , but I like the injuns a little better.Either way this game turns out , It will be a dandy.

I hope everyone has a great thanksgiving . Im looking forward to the crowd tomorrow night .

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard a lot of talk about schedule strength; let??™s look at the facts.

I analyzed TC??™s and Oneida??™s opponents with winning records (i.e., teams played by both teams that won more than 50% of their games). All teams played to date (including playoff games) were included in the analysis. The results/facts are provided below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Both teams defeated one 2A Team with a Winning Record.

The team TC defeated is ranked 11 in 2A

The team OHS defeated is ranked 31 in 2A

Average 1A Rankings

Average ranking of teams with winning records defeated by TC is 9.

Average ranking of teams with winning records defeated by OHS is 20.25.

Average Number of Points Scored For and Against (for teams with winning records)

TC = 36/8

OHS = 31.57/9.86

These are the facts; you can draw your own conclusions about schedule strength and performance of both teams against teams that won over 50% of their games.

Note: The Sports Report Ranking System is the source of rankings used in the analysis.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's look at more facts. Oneida has played MORE teams with winning records than TC has.

Macon 1-9 (the team that they beat went 1-9)

Livingston 1-9 (the team they beat also went 1-9)

Watertown went 6-4 at the end of season (lost to oneida)

Smith County went 8-2 at end of season (also played 6 teams with losing records. 2 teams with records of 5-5 & 6-5)

Monterey 2-8 (beat teams that went 2-8 & 0-10)

Gordonsville 3-7

Clay Co. 7-4 ( beat TAFT, a team that went 3-7, a team that went 0-10, beat 2 teams that went 2-8, and team that went 3-7)

Mt. Juliet Christian Academy 2-8

Friendship Christian 10-2 (scheldule rank 49th played a crappy scheldule..actually almost idetical 2 yalls)

Red Boiling Springs 0-10 (hasn't won a game since 2001)

Look at those numbers and notice that there are only 4 teams with winning records.

Oneida has played 6 teams with winning records. More numbers = lower averages. Not saying this favors them, but I think it would be fair to use the same number for each, otherwise the team that actually plays WEAKER opponents has the advantage in this situation. It doesnt help Oneida's stats that they have played midway and greenback twice though.

Also Oneida's strength rank is #1 and schedule rank #9. Trousdales is strength ranks is 4th and schedule rank? 43rd

Don't think thats a comparison...

I'd like to meet several of the posters from both schools tomorrow night, I'll be wearing My famous Chiefs coat. Just lookingforward to a great ballgame by 2 classy programs. This is not the State Championship this year, I really believe the West may be able to compete this year. I'll be pulling for for either team that wins. Like um both ,but GOOOOOOOOOOOO INNNNJJJUUUUNNNSSSSSSSSSSS.

Look foward to it pujo, I'll be supporting my Hawgs, covering my "SCALP".........

And you know what is funny, Pujo.......not a single post in 60 something pages concerning the teams in the other bracket. These two seem to only have eyes /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> for each other. In our case....blinders! I'm going to give my score sometime tonight......I'm sure there will be a lot of drama with that. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Oneida was reported to have had a good week of work, too. I would say they looked good.......but I can't, they're ugly! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Turkey is cooking.....Vol Basketball on TV......! Got to run away for a while.

Kazanity

Tar heeeelllls. Another thing is ,the State wasn't last week either. Ithink the State game will be a good one.

Hey pujo ,Im glad to see you will be coming to the game. Im also glad to hear you pull for Oneida. I tried to find you a roster the other day , I couldn't find one anywhere on the net.I have one ,but i don't have a scanner.I also like TC , but I like the injuns a little better.Either way this game turns out , It will be a dandy.

I hope everyone has a great thanksgiving . Im looking forward to the crowd tomorrow night .

Scalper ,I'm a big Oneida fan, Love the leadership. Trousdale is also high on my list. Still hope you guys can pull it out. I do want the best Team to represent our side. Its probably going to take it his year.

I have the Oneida roster, Just can't find one that shows Trousdale's height and weight. I don't think either team is exceptionally big. Just the right size to be good football players. I think both teams match up well. Its gonna be a war.

I also want someone to verify if #55 from Trousdale is a freshman. If so ,watch out . This kid can play. Watched him all night, He was a terror.

Let's look at more facts. Oneida has played MORE teams with winning records than TC has.

Macon 1-9 (the team that they beat went 1-9)

Livingston 1-9 (the team they beat also went 1-9)

Watertown went 6-4 at the end of season (lost to oneida)

Smith County went 8-2 at end of season (also played 6 teams with losing records. 2 teams with records of 5-5 & 6-5)

Monterey 2-8 (beat teams that went 2-8 & 0-10)

Gordonsville 3-7

Clay Co. 7-4 ( beat TAFT, a team that went 3-7, a team that went 0-10, beat 2 teams that went 2-8, and team that went 3-7)

Mt. Juliet Christian Academy 2-8

Friendship Christian 10-2 (scheldule rank 49th played a crappy scheldule..actually almost idetical 2 yalls)

Red Boiling Springs 0-10 (hasn't won a game since 2001)

Look at those numbers and notice that there are only 4 teams with winning records. (not counting playoffs)

Oneida has played 6 teams with winning records. More numbers = lower averages. Not saying this favors them, but at least use math that isnt biased.

Also Oneida's strength rank is #1 and schedule rank #9. Trousdales is strength ranks is 4th and schedule rank? 43rd

Don't think thats a comparison...

There are three potential problems with your post -

(1) Performance against the weakest teams on the schedule doesn't matter near as much as performance against the strongest teams; who cares if TC can beat Red Boiling Springs and Mt. Juliet Christian and Oneida can beat Sunbright and Oakland? Therefore, how relevant is schedule strength when a team plays both the the best and the worst teams and has an average (or less) schedule strength? You should be much more concerned about our victories over South Pittsburg, Friendship Christian, and Smith County than our victories over Red Boiling Springs and Mount Juliet Christian.

(2) You left out the playoff games; Are three playoff victories irrelevant? I think NOT. Is TC's victory over SP irrelevant; I think NOT. It almost looks like you only want to use 10 games instead of 13 games in order to make your team look better. Both teams are where they are because of the results of 13 games, not 10 games.

(3) Both teams have played 5 teams with wining records, and the teams with winning records that TC has played are ranked significantly higher (on the average). Cloudland has a winning record, and they are ranked at 47 out of 60 1A schools (12 notches above Red Boiling Springs).

Oneida Opponents with Winning Records (won more than 50% of their games)

2A Opponents

Cumberland Gap (Ranked 31in 2A)

1A Opponents (Average Ranking = 20.25)

Watertown (Ranked 12 in 1A)

Midway (Ranked 15 in 1A)

Cloudland (Ranked 47 in 1A)

Greenback (Ranked 7 in 1A)

TC's Opponents with Winning Records (won more than 50% of their games)

2A Opponents

Smith County (Ranked 11 in 2A)

1A Opponents (Average Ranking = 9)

Clay County (Ranked 16 in 1A)

Friendship (Ranked 6 in 1A)

South Pittsburg (Ranked 2 in 1A)

If you want to count them, Oneida played one team with a 5-5 record (i.e., Harriman) and TC played one team with a 5-5 record (i.e., Silverdale).

"Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive."

Look foward to it pujo, I'll be supporting my Hawgs, covering my "SCALP".........

Ole3putt, Look forward to meeting you . I won't be to upset if you guys win. I like both teams and I want our best next week. One of these 2 needs to keep the Gold on this side. Hopefully ,both these teams will stay healthy, Its gonna be phyical

There are three potential problems with your post -

(1) Performance against the weakest teams on the schedule doesn't matter near as much as performance against the strongest teams; who cares if TC can beat Red Boiling Springs and Mt. Juliet Christian and Oneida can beat Sunbright and Oakland? Therefore, how relevant is schedule strength when a team plays both the the best and the worst teams and has an average (or less) schedule strength? You should be much more concerned about our victories over South Pittsburg, Friendship Christian, and Smith County than our victories over Red Boiling Springs and Mount Juliet Christian.

(2) You left out the playoff games; Are three playoff victories irrelevant? I think NOT. Is TC's victory over SP irrelevant; I think NOT. It almost looks like you only want to use 10 games instead of 13 games in order to make your team look better. Both teams are where they are because of the results of 13 games, not 10 games.

(3) Both teams have played 5 teams with wining records, and the teams with winning records that TC has played are ranked significantly higher (on the average). Cloudland has a winning record, and they are ranked at 47 out of 60 1A schools (12 notches above Red Boiling Springs).

Oneida Opponents with Winning Records (won more than 50% of their games)

2A Opponents

Cumberland Gap (Ranked 31in 2A)

I could make some strong cases for both squads,but in the end it will be settled on the field tomorrow night. Trousdale is the favorite ,but its not overwhelming. A few plays here and there will probably deside this one. Special teams will be huge.

1A Opponents (Average Ranking = 20.25)

Midway (Ranked 15 in 1A)

Cloudland (Ranked 47 in 1A)

Greenback (Ranked 7 in 1A)

TC's Opponents with Winning Records (won more than 50% of their games)

2A Opponents

Smith County (Ranked 11 in 2A)

1A Opponents (Average Ranking = 9)

Clay County (Ranked 16 in 1A)

Friendship (Ranked 6 in 1A)

South Pittsburg (Ranked 2 in 1A)

If you want to count them, Oneida played one team with a 5-5 record (i.e., Harriman) and TC played one team with a 5-5 record (i.e., Silverdale).

"Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive."

Pujo,

I found your quote within my quote - see below:

Pujo's Quote: I could make some strong cases for both squads,but in the end it will be settled on the field tomorrow night. Trousdale is the favorite ,but its not overwhelming. A few plays here and there will probably deside this one. Special teams will be huge.

I agree with your quote, and I am not stupid enough to think that I can predct the winner and the actual score. It's amazing how many people have that ability; however, I don't. All I wanted to do was point out some problems with a previous post.

Pujo,

I found your quote within my quote - see below:

Pujo's Quote: I could make some strong cases for both squads,but in the end it will be settled on the field tomorrow night. Trousdale is the favorite ,but its not overwhelming. A few plays here and there will probably deside this one. Special teams will be huge.

I agree with your quote, and I am not stupid enough to think that I can predct the winner and the actual score. It's amazing how many people have that ability; however, I don't. All I wanted to do was point out some problems with a previous post.

Yeah, I saw what you were doing and you make good points. The only thing I could comfortably predict is a low scoring game.

Hey, I know lets let everyone we've played.....play everyone you've played and see who wins the most games altogether! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Let's see:

RBS vs. Oakdale......got to go with the Eagles in that one.

Macon vs. Sunbright......this looks like a Sunbright W.

Mt. Juliet Christian vs. Cloudland.....the Highlanders would bring this one home

Monterey vs. Harriman......did they arlready play? Harriman win?

Livingston vs. Rockwood.....Tigers by three TD's

Cumberland Gap vs. Gordonsville.......Too much passing for Gordonsville, CG by 7

Watertown vs Midway....Ray Ray eats purple Tigers lunch

Clay Co. vs Hampton.....Pujo's pups too strong

Smith Co vs. Greenback......Bunky and Bear rule, they beat London who went farther than Smith in playoffs

S. Pitt vs. ????......you get that one hands down!

I know this was stupid.....and funny! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> But I pitted the weakest teams against each other and worked my way up. For what it is worth I think Greenback would beat the other opponent that didn't get matched up (FCS), too.

Kaz

Have fun with this! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />