Mitchell vs DL again.

Galilee

This Mitchell win may cause people to ignore an obvious fact which has been discussed here on threads before: the total ignorance of refusing to develop a kicking game. Do you realize that at the end of regulation, Mitchell had 4 TDs and Lipscomb 3 (with a FG), so that, to win by 6 in OT, Mitchell had to score 5 TDs to Lipscomb's 3.

Incidentally, Gibson (#28) who shredded Lipscomb for over 150 yard tonight, had 48 yards on 15 carries last week against Dyersburg.

Saw tape of Knox Catholic today--best 3-A team I've seen. Better talent than Lipscomb.

I notice Mr. Milam that Malone WAS ATTEMPTING extra points last week for Mitchell against Dyersburg...He didn't do it this week?.....Also what did Malone do...I told everybody that THAT KID WILL PLAY ON SUNDAY if something doesn't go wrong...Talked to a recruiter and he told me that Lawson was going to be rated one of the top recruits in the country for 2010....And BTW what did Zach Rogers do?....He is the real deal.....How did he fare against Mitchell?...

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats mitchell....dyersburg knew you had a good team......

tigers stay focused....we are pulling for ya...but you had better stay focused and get ready for catholic......

dyersburg you came close..... you put up 35 points on a team that is heading into the championship....and you got 10 of 11 offensive starters back......time to start "getting the edge"....

MG I know Click was a senior...But I thought we had a FEW offensive linemen who were SENIORS...Taylor Hall was a senior wasn't he?...

I notice Mr. Milam that Malone WAS ATTEMPTING extra points last week for Mitchell against Dyersburg...He didn't do it this week?.....Also what did Malone do...I told everybody that THAT KID WILL PLAY ON SUNDAY if something doesn't go wrong...Talked to a recruiter and he told me that Lawson was going to be rated one of the top recruits in the country for 2010....And BTW what did Zach Rogers do?....He is the real deal.....How did he fare against Mitchell?...

They were attempting extra points this week too. They missed one and it kind of got them out of sync.

Congratulations to Mitchell. You played a very good game without the charastic penalties and other mistakes.

O line averaged over 300 lbs and wore us down over the game. Another D lineman weighed over 370. That is hard for us to deal with. I was expecting a little more from your passing game after all we heard from the Dyersburg game. Lipscomb dropped two interceptions right in our guys hands. It might have changed things, who knows. We also contributed a gimme touchdown on the bad snap about 10 feet over the punters head.

The answer to the helmet tossing question is: they throw helmets in jubilation as well as frustration. At least noone was hit this time.

Good luck to Mitchell!! Go beat Catholic.

MG I know Click was a senior...But I thought we had a FEW offensive linemen who were SENIORS...Taylor Hall was a senior wasn't he?...

you right stevie dude.....that should of been 8 of 11......the biggest challenge will be at qb...dburg has a second team of very good o line who will fill in the other 2 positions....

Offensive pass interference on 1st down (called a pass on 1st down... how stupid). Second and goal from the 25... not good.

Mitchell wins! Congrats on the wins... good luck in the championship.

Do not question the playcalling of Coach Mac. The play that was called had worked twice already in the game for big gains and had been wide open. My hat is off to Mitchell for beating DL tonight. They had superior athletes across the board and were able to play man coverage all night and commit everyone else to stop the run. Zach Rogers TD's are two of the best I have ever seen in high school football. Lipscomb congrats on another great year and wonderful season. This marks the end of an era in many ways for the stangs. They leave their current region unbeaten as neither the bobcats or the tigers could defeat them. Also this marks the last of the Lehning brothers to play in a mustang uniform for some time to come. Lipscomb now moves to another classification and thus new challenges will present themselves. It seems like every four years or so the stangs run into a team with better athletes and they cannot overcome them. Similar to Alcoa in 2004. Although Mitchell was much better coached this year than last year. Also this marks the first time Mitchell has ever overcome DL in a football game. Also they had a post game celebraton like none I had ever seen before. DL has nothing to be ashamed of because discipline, hard work, and class cannot always overcome talent. Though the classifications change the Mustangs will stay the same and continue a winning tradition with home grown hard working well coached players. Good Luck to Mitchell in Murfreesboro and congrats to coach Mac on another wonderful season. Remember Pride and Tradition Never Graduate.

Do not question the playcalling of Coach Mac. The play that was called had worked twice already in the game for big gains and had been wide open. My hat is off to Mitchell for beating DL tonight. They had superior athletes across the board and were able to play man coverage all night and commit everyone else to stop the run. Zach Rogers TD's are two of the best I have ever seen in high school football. Lipscomb congrats on another great year and wonderful season. This marks the end of an era in many ways for the stangs. They leave their current region unbeaten as neither the bobcats or the tigers could defeat them. Also this marks the last of the Lehning brothers to play in a mustang uniform for some time to come. Lipscomb now moves to another classification and thus new challenges will present themselves. It seems like every four years or so the stangs run into a team with better athletes and they cannot overcome them. Similar to Alcoa in 2004. Although Mitchell was much better coached this year than last year. Also this marks the first time Mitchell has ever overcome DL in a football game. Also they had a post game celebraton like none I had ever seen before. DL has nothing to be ashamed of because discipline, hard work, and class cannot always overcome talent. Though the classifications change the Mustangs will stay the same and continue a winning tradition with home grown hard working well coached players. Good Luck to Mitchell in Murfreesboro and congrats to coach Mac on another wonderful season. Remember Pride and Tradition Never Graduate.

back to the play calling, the 1st down pass play looked like the same one they scored a HUGE 2-point conversion on earlier...

congrats mitchell....dyersburg knew you had a good team......

tigers stay focused....we are pulling for ya...but you had better stay focused and get ready for catholic......

dyersburg you came close..... you put up 35 points on a team that is heading into the championship....and you got 10 of 11 offensive starters back......time to start "getting the edge"....

agreed .. DHS came very close to having this chance they strived for

Mitchell dont look back or your dream ends next week ..stay focused and keep your heads on straight.

Galiliee wish you could have made it this week . You would have been proud. These Tigers never quit !!!

They were attempting extra points this week too. They missed one and it kind of got them out of sync.

Congratulations to Mitchell. You played a very good game without the charastic penalties and other mistakes.

O line averaged over 300 lbs and wore us down over the game. Another D lineman weighed over 370. That is hard for us to deal with. I was expecting a little more from your passing game after all we heard from the Dyersburg game. Lipscomb dropped two interceptions right in our guys hands. It might have changed things, who knows. We also contributed a gimme touchdown on the bad snap about 10 feet over the punters head.

The answer to the helmet tossing question is: they throw helmets in jubilation as well as frustration. At least noone was hit this time.

Good luck to Mitchell!! Go beat Catholic.

I told the kids that it was a guy on coacht.com ragging on their discpline. I told them that by chance we lost we were expected to throw helmets and act classless. I was promised that this would not happen. One senior posed the question " Can we throw our helmets if we win ? " I say heck yeah, do it in the name of bulldog, so bulldog I hope you ducked !f9d

I told the kids that it was a guy on coacht.com ragging on their discpline. I told them that by chance we lost we were expected to throw helmets and act classless. I was promised that this would not happen. One senior posed the question " Can we throw our helmets if we win ? " I say heck yeah, do it in the name of bulldog69, so bulldog69 I hope you ducked ! L.M.A.O.

Congratulations to Mitchell. These are a different bunch of Tigers. They were more mature and discipline this year than in the years of past. They did everything their coaches asked of them. Good Luck to them in the Boro next week.

There are no officiating excuses for the Mustang loss. However there was one play on the last scoring Mitchell drive in regulation where two flags were thrown. One for crossing the line of scrimmage and the other a defensive pass interference in the end zone. Officials picked up the crossing the line flag and penalized the Mustangs for the interference. However, the replay in the booth showed the Mitchell QB was 3-4 yards beyond the line of scrimmage when he threw the ball. I watched the replay along with the Lipscomb radio crew. No doubt. Don't know why they didn't let the penalty stand. That will be my only comment for the game in regard to officiating.

Please send this word to the Mitchell Team and fans. We understand you were exciting about coming to Nashville and getting revenge for beating Lipscomb and getting the chance to play for the State Title but there are a couple of things that we would like back:

1. A Mitchell team member or fan was seen taking down the Lipscomb Sports Network sign off the home side fence. We would like to have that back. It was the property of an individual and not the school, 2. The D L letters that was also at the fence was also taken and they were borrowed from someone not from the school. We hope that the Coach or the school administrators will look into this and help us get these items back. As I said, they were not the property of the school but private individuals.

As the Mitchell Coaches teach discipline to the team on the field and during the game, they should also teach not to trash the visiting locker room as well. I know they were exciting, but an extra effort was put in by the team of seeing how much of a mess they could make.

Good Luck again to the Tigers and represent the west side of the state well against Knox. Catholic from the east.

Congrats to DL and their great run.

Congrats to Region 5-3a for their run and it is a shame to see some of the teams leaving.

I have enjoyed the banter with all of the folks.

DL was very representative of our region....because they always acted like they had been there before.

I will say one thing and then I won't say anything else to take away from DL on here.

I "ran" my mouth because of my convictions.... I have ALWAYS supported our representative no matter what....not like many of those I see disappear after their team loses. I am a true fan of football. I understand that with my "strong" opinions it brings out some really thin skinned people opinions.....so be it.....if my posts can motivate a team that much...my offer to do that weekly is still open if the coach steps down and I get paid in his place. Oh....in the future look for the Bulldog on here as usual. My rep is out of the playoffs, I am pretty well done for this year

Let nothing else take away a hard earned victory by Mitchell and kudos to DL for their effort.