Henry County at Hillsboro

Shortstop15

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is some interesting information that I am sure means very little but interesting nonetheless. Hillsboro has played seven teams with winning records and lost to two of them. They also played four teams that won three or less games. Henry County played six teams with winning records and beat them all. They also played six teams that won three games or less. Hillsboro has played a tougher schedule thanks to games with Franklin and MBA but lost to both. Like I said none of this means anything but it is still interesting. These two teams have been destined to meet all year long. Maplewood was obviously not quite as good as they were last year while both Hillsboro and Henry County are better than a year ago.

I would refute that to a point...HHS was much more talented last year than they are this year, but this year's team is unified and is a more of a TEAM. That usually makes all the difference though doesn't it. Btw, I would love to play MBA and Franklin again with Alex Crutcher and Corey Jordan 100% healthy. Their increased presence would make things all the more interesting. Oh well, the goal at this point is to beat Henry County and maintain an undefeated record against 4A teams this year.

Can someone give me some information on Hillsboro besides Eric Gordon and Alex Crutcher? What about the quarterback? Read in the Tennessean where Aaron Bryant had a big game against Beech.

QB Greg Young is still just a junior, but he is developing pretty well and when he is playing his best.....he is very good. Jarrett Blihovde, Cody Blihovde, Corey Jordan, and DeAndre Davis are among some more offensive weapons. Hopefully, it will be a little warmer this friday night. I'd settle for mid-upper 40's.

QB Greg Young is still just a junior, but he is developing pretty well and when he is playing his best.....he is very good. Jarrett Blihovde, Cody Blihovde, Corey Jordan, and DeAndre Davis are among some more offensive weapons. Hopefully, it will be a little warmer this friday night. I'd settle for mid-upper 40's.

Yeah, it was a bit chilly last Friday night. It's calling for mid 40's with rain right now on the 10-day forecast. I don't know how that will affect Hillsboro, but it didn't seem to slow Henry County down much when there was steady rain and high winds against Fairley.

HOW BOUT THE BIG RED RUNNING SOME DIFFERENT PLAYS?

What in the world are you talking about? They better run the stuff that got them here. Hillsboro will know what HC is going to do, but they must stop the HC offense. HC will know what Hillsboro is going to do, but also must stop them. Only a fool for a coach would start doing something different now. These two teams are a combined 24-2, so don't look for many changes, unless they are coached by fools.

Yeah, it was a bit chilly last Friday night. It's calling for mid 40's with rain right now on the 10-day forecast. I don't know how that will affect Hillsboro, but it didn't seem to slow Henry County down much when there was steady rain and high winds against Fairley.

It shouldn't affect HHS's plays or what they are going to do at all on offense....I just want it to be more comfortable sitting on those darn METAL bleachers. LOL!

Hillsboro's QB Greg Young is a Junior and he is great. strong arm and very accuarte. Hillsboro's got more than 10 D1 prospects. Aaron Bryant did have a big game, but he got credited with Gordons long TD reception. Aaron Bryant is a soph LB who already has Alabama interested in him the kid can hit.

I tend to agree, but they aren't all seniors this year....I'd say at least 6 seniors will sign scholarships to play football in college. You're right about Bryant....he is a very good football player and as long as he keeps his head on straight he will be likely be playing Division 1-A college football in a few years. I just can't believe he's only a sophomore.

Here is some interesting information that I am sure means very little but interesting nonetheless. Hillsboro has played seven teams with winning records and lost to two of them. They also played four teams that won three or less games. Henry County played six teams with winning records and beat them all. They also played six teams that won three games or less. Hillsboro has played a tougher schedule thanks to games with Franklin and MBA but lost to both. Like I said none of this means anything but it is still interesting. These two teams have been destined to meet all year long. Maplewood was obviously not quite as good as they were last year while both Hillsboro and Henry County are better than a year ago.

to try to make HC's record look even better than hillsboro's moreso than it already does, is very naive. hillsboro plays solid region competition. a loss to franklin (coud very well win 5a champ.) by one score, and to MBA (returned block field goal was difference in game) by 5. both games, crutcher only received a couple snaps nursing a high ankle sprain, and jordan was injured who is a gamebreaking receiver.

its apparent HC plays porous competition. if i recall correctly, yall played to other undefeated teams at some point (Brighton/Hardin Co). yall beat both by like 50 points, right? that says something about the competition over there...

ill agree that it doesnt mean much as both are very good teams. it simply sounded as though you were discounting hillsboro's competition when it appears HC is the one lacking that in their schedule. the only significance this could have, is the experience hillsboro gained playing 2-3 VERY talented teams, in big games.