Henry County at Hillsboro

Shortstop15

Good grief BurroBall, why so sensitive? I'm just trying to have a little rhetorical fun. I actually didn't recall the above mentioned post.

You and me are gonna have to find a way to get along. I guess I was a little aggressive earlier, but so what? I've only been doing this for a day. If I'm out of line in some way or going against the grain of some unwritten blogosocietal more, someone tell me.

So, BB, I hope you and all HHS fans have a great Thanksgiving. But I gotta tell you, I also hope you are miserable Saturday morning. I know I will be should we not win.

No, you may not have as it easily could be on page 6 for all I know (this thread is mighty long, but a nice change of pace for HHS fans) I understand the misery part....I always experience some misery after a hard fought game that results in a loss.

Personally, I'm just trying to defend the fact that HHS doesn't expect to blow out Henry County again like they did on 2006, but they certainly don't expect to get blown out by Henry County either like 12 of Henry County's 13 opponents experienced this year. HHS believes, and with good reason, that they will be the best team Henry County has faced this year. That being said, I would expect a game along the lines of HC-Melrose in the manner of score.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 points does not qualify for a track meet need to get into the 70s for that unless of course it is 63 to 7 then that is just a blow out. let your "FACTSONLY" go the first time but since you continue your boast I find it necessary to remind you of the Fairley game. Lets recall the facts: Henry Co three and out to start; Fairley scores on 70+ plus run and catch; Henry Co 3 and out; Fairley turns the ball over on downs after moving the ball into Henry territory. Fairley executes and your down 2 touchdowns. Plug in a much better Hillsboro team with better atheletes and you can begin to see the picture of a 21-6 first quarter. The 6 cause your kicker is prone to miss on occassion, granted he has had numerous opportunities and not many are perfect, that could hurt but hopefully for you guys it will not be an issue. Yea #3 and #1 can play at the next level. So #3 locks down on Gordon. #1 gonna cover the rest, not this Friday.

Good grief ftbllfn, you too? (see most recent post to BurroBall)

Fairley's only score was on a pass play in torrential rain and 25 MPH wind when the cornerback fell down before the pass was thrown. They were never in the game after that.

I really don't know how we're going to cover all those recievers.

But I do have a good idea how.

Hope you have a good Thanksgiving too.

No, you may not have as it easily could be on page 6 for all I know (this thread is mighty long, but a nice change of pace for HHS fans) I understand the misery part....I always experience some misery after a hard fought game that results in a loss.

Personally, I'm just trying to defend the fact that HHS doesn't expect to blow out Henry County again like they did on 2006, but they certainly don't expect to get blown out by Henry County either like 12 of Henry County's 13 opponents experienced this year. HHS believes, and with good reason, that they will be the best team Henry County has faced this year. That being said, I would expect a game along the lines of HC-Melrose in the manner of score.

I agree with EVERYTHING you just said. I have not once said we would blow you out. I agree you will be the best team we've played this year, but only because you have a great kicker as opposed to Melrose (I swear he nearly swung and missed on the opening kickoff and I thought his only PAT was going into the stands at one point). Melrose may have struggled a little during the year, but they peaked in the playoffs and we consider ourselves fortunate to be coming to Nashville.

Good grief ftbllfn, you too? (see most recent post to BurroBall)

Fairley's only score was on a pass play in torrential rain and 25 MPH wind when the cornerback fell down before the pass was thrown. They were never in the game after that.

I really don't know how we're going to cover all those recievers.

But I do have a good idea how.

Hope you have a good Thanksgiving too.

but that score was in the first quarter and I just responded to your statement. been reading these boards a couple years and have followed closely this year in 4A. You guys are gonna have to put pressure on the quarterback which might involve sending a linebacker which in turn could create a whole other problem in coverage. McFerron I believe to be the X-Factor in this game on both sides of the ball plus Allen having about 150 on 25 touches to keep Hillsboro offense on the sideline.

but that score was in the first quarter and I just responded to your statement. been reading these boards a couple years and have followed closely this year in 4A. You guys are gonna have to put pressure on the quarterback which might involve sending a linebacker which in turn could create a whole other problem in coverage. McFerron I believe to be the X-Factor in this game on both sides of the ball plus Allen having about 150 on 25 touches to keep Hillsboro offense on the sideline.

You figured out my "good idea how".

Hillsboro will not score 21 in the 1st or any quarter. Hillsboro is highly capable of winning. While I'm not sure Hillsboro will be the best offense HC has seen this year, HC will be the best offense that Hillsboro has seen. HC must play defense when they are on offense by getting the running game in gear and keeping the ball away from Hillsboro. If HC turns the ball over as they did in Memphis, this could get ugly. Hillsboro will be less athletic than Melrose (not cutting Hillsboro short, Melrose was just extremely athletic), but much more disciplined. I have seen both teams play and would not be surprised by any outcome. Should be a close game, but both teams have enough athletes to win in a rout with a few ill timed penalties or turnovers.

I didn't want to count ALL the touchdowns, it weakens my argument. Still, it was freak luck.

I didn't want to count ALL the touchdowns, it weakens my argument. Still, it was freak luck.

unfortunately freak luck counts. maybe hillsboro want have a run of it Friday. something tells me neither team gonna need luck to win this game. i may have to travel into nashville and watch this one. i usually just wait to the finals and sit through 3 games on saturday but this game may be better than the 4A title game this year.

read on scout.com that Teague hasn't thrown an INT all season? now it also said it was only through 9 games cause that was the last update so HC people since week 9 has he thrown and INT? even if he has not throwing one in 9 straight weeks is amazing.

16 or 17 TD passes and ONE interception (he threw his first one last week).

That's a good possibility, but Franklin and MBA both had very good offenses as well. HHS's defense won't be illprepared.

How did your defense allow so many points to Beech? They are a team who lines up in a three man I-formation and runs right at you. They have no speed and EVERYONE knows whats coming. How exactly could this have happened? Wasnt this game 28-21 at one point?